Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

Flight Release Date

From Wikipedia:Legacy of FSX, that's what it means! What else would it be?Legacy: 2.Something inherited from a predecessor; a heritageHeritage: 2. A tradition; something that can be passed down from preceding generations.In previous versions of FS you could fly the whole World, so in Flight you will too.In previous versions of FS scenery was lousy so you had to buy your own scenery add-ons, so in Flight you will have to buy your own scenery too (except Hawaii).That's what legacy means.Cheers,- jahman.
I'm well aware what it means jah, you aren't understanding what I am saying? Legacy does not mean retaining all aspects of previous generations otherwise there would be no change at all, and the line you quoted from Flight specifically mentions the simulation aspect and how they will not want to lose that legacy, I'm just saying that you can retain some legacy and still dramatically change a product.Funny how you jumped on the defensive and made this into a argument for or against when what I have said is clearly a real possibility, just as much as it being a fully upgraded FSX is a real possibility.

Guest jahman
I'm well aware what it means jah, you aren't understanding what I am saying? Legacy does not mean retaining all aspects of previous generations otherwise there would be no change at all, and the line you quoted from Flight specifically mentions the simulation aspect and how they will not want to lose that legacy, I'm just saying that you can retain some legacy and still dramatically change a product.Funny how you jumped on the defensive and made this into a argument for or against when what I have said is clearly a real possibility, just as much as it being a fully upgraded FSX is a real possibility.
So what could Flight remove from FSX and still be a viable simming platform? Nothing. All Flight can do is add to what FSX already offered: Better multi-core CPU, Shader 4,2 and DirectX 10 fully implemented, better multiplayer integration, etc. That's why I don't get the negatives re: Flight.What things do you think FSX has that Flight won't have?Cheers,- jahman.

What things do you think FSX has that Flight won't have?
You could remove the world and substitute it with a selective area and still remain a simming platform. Key word; could.I don't have any conclusions, what is your deal mate?

Guest jahman
You could remove the world and substitute it with a selective area and still remain a simming platform. Key word; could.
Yes, of course, as I've said MS can ship Flight with only Hawaii scenery, but of course you will be able to fly anywhere else around the World, except you will have to purchase extra scebnery add-ons to have any scenery. Just as is the case with FSX. (Heck, I even think most FSX scenery will be compatible with Flight.) But I seriously doubt MS would limit the geographical area you could fly in. That would make no sense at all.
I don't have any conclusions, what is your deal mate?
I don't think Flight can/will remove any functionality FSX already has. What they can do is add more functionality or replace existing functionality with same functionality except implemented in a different way (e.g. multi-player via a LiveID/Kinect account (required if you want to sign-up for the Flight beta) instead of gamespy.So that's why I'm positive about Flight: An improved FSX with better scenery, better multiplayer, better use of multi-CPU and Multi-GPU hardware. Can only be good. And they know they can't lose us hard-core simmers because we're the ones driving flight simming forward. Casual simmers who just want to play with airplanes while brandishing an Xbox controller will do not much for Flight except drive sales of the basic game and only in the short run (they'll get bored pretty quickly).Just my $.02Cheers,- jahman.

So that's why I'm positive about Flight: An improved FSX with better scenery, better multiplayer, better use of multi-CPU and Multi-GPU hardware. Can only be good. And they know they can't lose us hard-core simmers because we're the ones driving flight simming forward. Casual simmers who just want to play with airplanes while brandishing an Xbox controller will do not much for Flight except drive sales of the basic game and only in the short run (they'll get bored pretty quickly).
I see, this explains your dramatic reaction to my comment.It's good to be optimistic, but you are living in a dream world of your own making where Flight is exactly what you want it to be, whenever someone says anything that remotely contradicts your vision you snap out defensively. I also hope for everything you have mentioned here, but am able to take a step back and look at things objectively without trying to force the reality to fit my own desires.Unless of course you are hinting at knowing some inside info that I am not privy to, in which case... you know where my PM is ;)

I see, this explains your dramatic reaction to my comment.It's good to be optimistic, but you are living in a dream world of your own making where Flight is exactly what you want it to be, whenever someone says anything that remotely contradicts your vision you snap out defensively. I also hope for everything you have mentioned here, but am able to take a step back and look at things objectively without trying to force the reality to fit my own desires.Unless of course you are hinting at knowing some inside info that I am not privy to, in which case... you know where my PM is ;)
That is true. Everybody here hopes Flight will be a rocking simulation but someone of us do not let dreams come over the reality.Seeing Flight screenshots and videos the reality unluckily seems to be closer to a nightmare than a dream.

Why don't you all read the Flight October news carefully again?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Had a look at Octobers news. They mentioned the word "game" 12 times. They never mentioned the word "simulator" once.

Then read the rest of the FAQ and the news. It is mentioned more than once Flight will be a simulator. I was asking here to read the Ocober news again because there is also talk about 'free flight' and 'world'. I believe that they mean more with 'world' than only Hawaii.

Cheers, Bert

Then read the rest of the FAQ and the news. It is mentioned more than once Flight will be a simulator. I was asking here to read the Ocober news again because there is also talk about 'free flight' and 'world'. I believe that they mean more with 'world' than only Hawaii.
Why can't we just wait and see what it is instead of guessing? Seriously, when was the last time someone went for a jog or a bike ride?I'm not having a go at you, Bert. I'm just curious whether or not some people actually have things to do other than hit REFRESH every 10 minutes only to post something negative, or things like "I know more than you do and I don't care what you say" or "It's my opinion. I'm not making a personal attack."At this rate, this is where we're headed.378520_10100287033993426_5518735_49215742_215934535_n.jpg

You can also choose to ignore us.Why not ?

You can also choose to ignore us.Why not ?
Why not?Because I choose not to.Whistle.gif

Why can't we just wait and see what it is instead of guessing? Seriously, when was the last time someone went for a jog or a bike ride?I'm not having a go at you, Bert. I'm just curious whether or not some people actually have things to do other than hit REFRESH every 10 minutes only to post something negative, or things like "I know more than you do and I don't care what you say" or "It's my opinion. I'm not making a personal attack."
I see what you mean. I agree I also hate it when discussions turn personal and some folks start calling eachother names. To each his own, but I think speculating is fun as well! And ofcourse there are plenty of sensible and plausible discussions in this forum as well. In this case I thought some of the posters in this thread might have missed some information on the Flight website, and the most sensible thing I could do was to remind them of that Nerd.gifToday is a great day here in the Netherlands. Plenty of sun. I'm off for now, get some fresh air! Cheers.

Cheers, Bert

Wasn't XP10's beta and release within a month of each other?
THAT was an XP FAILLOL.gif

I see what you mean. I agree I also hate it when discussions turn personal and some folks start calling eachother names. To each his own, but I think speculating is fun as well! And ofcourse there are plenty of sensible and plausible discussions in this forum as well. In this case I thought some of the posters in this thread might have missed some information on the Flight website, and the most sensible thing I could do was to remind them of that Nerd.gifToday is a great day here in the Netherlands. Plenty of sun. I'm off for now, get some fresh air! Cheers.
HelloI am off out now to watch my local football team play West Ham Utd, which will probably be as frustrating and ultimately disappointing as reading the Flight! forum.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.