Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

Flight Release Date

Guest jahman
I see, this explains your dramatic reaction to my comment.It's good to be optimistic, but you are living in a dream world of your own making where Flight is exactly what you want it to be, whenever someone says anything that remotely contradicts your vision you snap out defensively. I also hope for everything you have mentioned here, but am able to take a step back and look at things objectively without trying to force the reality to fit my own desires.Unless of course you are hinting at knowing some inside info that I am not privy to, in which case... you know where my PM is ;)
Yes! I have Insider Information! I read the Microsoft PR Release!
From the MS Flight web, News From the Development Team (December 8, 2010):
We’ve developed on the “simulation” aspect for many years and have no intention of losing that legacy.
Why don't you all read the Flight October news carefully again?
Agreed! Big Grin.gifCheers,- jahman.

I'll take that bet!How much?Actually, Never mind. Whatever floats your boat, T. I can see you have some kind of weird, creepy obssession with me and my posts and, to be quite honest, it's creeping me out.
ROFL

Yes! I have Insider Information! I read the Microsoft PR Release!
LOL okay jah laugh.pngI'm not arguing that it will definitely be Hawaii only, just saying it's a possibility, that's all.

Guest jahman
LOL okay jah laugh.pngI'm not arguing that it will definitely be Hawaii only, just saying it's a possibility, that's all.
But I agree with you: Flight will sport Hawaii high-res scenery:
  1. To showcase the capabilities of Flight for hard-core simmers, and
  2. For enjoyment of non-simmers who buy Flight to fly as a "game".

Cheers,- jahman.

But I agree with you: Flight will sport Hawaii high-res scenery:
  1. To showcase the capabilities of Flight for hard-core simmers, and
  2. For enjoyment of non-simmers who buy Flight to fly as a "game".

Cheers,- jahman.

Very true.Although, I do believe that Flight will contain the entire planet rather than Hawaii alone. -- That is illogical if they want to appeal to everyone...

Guest jahman
Very true.Although, I do believe that Flight will contain the entire planet rather than Hawaii alone. -- That is illogical if they want to appeal to everyone...
Yes, of course!But the scenery will be horrible (as it is with FSX out of the box) and you will have to buy scenery add-ons for the areas you are interested in.Cheers,- jahman.

Yes, of course!But the scenery will be horrible (as it is with FSX out of the box) and you will have to buy scenery add-ons for the areas you are interested in.Cheers,- jahman.
Can you provide me with screenshots?

Guest jahman
Can you provide me with screenshots?
No non-Hawaii scenery shots have been released to date by the MS Flight Team, yet decent scenery world-wide would require Flight to be released on half a dozen Blue-Ray discs, which I doubt they will do.Cheers,- jahman.

Indeed, but you have to keep in mind that many of the landclasses, trees, autogen, and runway/airport textures are likely generic. If you have a good system for generating global scenery, it will at least look somewhat decent. Much better than FSX.

Brandon Filer

Entertaining.Popcorn_nommer.gif
I've set that as my desktop background.I've got it on "tile" position so there're 135 of them on screen lol.

LOL.gifim Not Worthy.gif

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I seriously laughed when I saw that.... LOL

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.