Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

Flight Release Date

#####???"Microsoft Flight brings a different perspective to the long-running flight series. This edition will deliver structured gameplay with more than 50 missions to choose from which will test the skills of players of all levels."I hope that's not ALL there is to it! If it is, I can see a lot of "I told you so's" from a LOT of people.

Were not going to have this again...... Let's keep the discussion related to Flight. Okay?
Secret.gif

#####???"Microsoft Flight brings a different perspective to the long-running flight series. This edition will deliver structured gameplay with more than 50 missions to choose from which will test the skills of players of all levels."I hope that's not ALL there is to it! If it is, I can see a lot of "I told you so's" from a LOT of people.
The site can't even get the release date right, so what makes you think they know anything about the gameplay of Flight?

Brandon Filer

The site can't even get the release date right, so what makes you think they know anything about the gameplay of Flight?
1. It's a different site. The quote I got in my last post was from Gameshadow and lists the release date as Feb 2012. The January release date was from Gamespot.2. I said "I HOPE that's not all there is to it." We ALL know there are going to be missions. No one can dispute that. I just HOPE there will be more to it than missions.

2. ...I just HOPE there will be more to it than missions.
No, you've found out about the dirty, little secret, Goran. Nothing but missions. And only in Hawai'i, flying small GA planes. No ATC. One AI plane. X-Box controller is NOT optional.Then the mass exodus to XPX occurs and you get to be King.See how it all works out in the end?

If that's what Flight is all about (missions Silly.gif) a lot of peoples will think that MS deserve the......128714295718954499.jpg

No, you've found out about the dirty, little secret, Goran. Nothing but missions. And only in Hawai'i, flying small GA planes. No ATC. One AI plane. X-Box controller is NOT optional.Then the mass exodus to XPX occurs and you get to be King.See how it all works out in the end?
But I don't want to be king.my friend, please, chill out and have some... my-cup-of-tea.jpg

Guest jahman
From the MS Flight web, News From the Development Team (December 8, 2010):
We’ve developed on the “simulation” aspect for many years and have no intention of losing that legacy.
Cheers,- jahman.

It could be a small island based game with 50 odd missions and still retain a simulation aspect. This close to beta with the evidence we have at hand I'm beginning to think it might well end up Hawaii only. Hopefully not though.

Guest jahman
It could be a small island based game with 50 odd missions and still retain a simulation aspect. This close to beta with the evidence we have at hand I'm beginning to think it might well end up Hawaii only. Hopefully not though.
You don't understand what "losing the legacy" means.As for Flight only sporting detailed Hawaii scenery, I'm OK with that as it's a step up from FSX (no usable scenery at all), so we'll just go out and buy detailed scenery as we did for FSX, FS9, etc.Cheers,- jahman.

Either MS is running the worst marketing campaign in the history of gaming... or what they're gonna give us will not go over well with the vast majority of Simmers...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

$crew the missions and deliver the full global puppy ! Similar to FS2000, FS2004 and FSX. Let's not re-invent the wheel.That's not hard to understand, is it M$ ?

You don't understand what "losing the legacy" means.
I know what it means, legacy of what though??? they have never stated that legacy refers to previous versions simulating the whole world or retaining ALL aspects of previous generations. Legacy could be referring to the simulation aspect only ie. not an arcade. It's just a possibility, like I said I hope they release a fully fledged global sim like most of us here.

Guest jahman
I know what it means, legacy of what though??? they have never stated that legacy refers to previous versions simulating the whole world or retaining ALL aspects of previous generations. Legacy could be referring to the simulation aspect only ie. not an arcade. It's just a possibility, like I said I hope they release a fully fledged global sim like most of us here.
From Wikipedia:Legacy of FSX, that's what it means! What else would it be?Legacy: 2.Something inherited from a predecessor; a heritageHeritage: 2. A tradition; something that can be passed down from preceding generations.In previous versions of FS you could fly the whole World, so in Flight you will too.In previous versions of FS scenery was lousy so you had to buy your own scenery add-ons, so in Flight you will have to buy your own scenery too (except Hawaii).That's what legacy means.Cheers,- jahman.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.