Sign in to follow this  
HighFlyer310

Southwest Airlines 737-700 landing KMDW

Hey guys, had some stunning visual conditions landing at KMDW the other night.. so I made a video of it. Approach is an ILS to runway 31C with a circle to land runway 22L (visual). I placed the camera up over the glareshield to sort of emulate real-life videos, enjoy!Make sure you watch in HD!Add-ons:PMDG 737NGXReal Environment Xtreme 2.0 + ODUltimate Terrain X USAGround Environment XActive Sky EvolutionFlyTampa KMDW

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Thanks Jim! I love this approach too.. very fun and also pretty challenging, theres no vertical guidance for 22L so its sort of an "eye-ball" it type approach, which is pretty tough in the sim, without track IR as well.. but yea, MDW is a fun little airport, I get bored with the typical large hub style airports with the straight in ILS approaches.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hey Tom, don't know if it's depicted in the scenery. But a rule of thumb we use on the cirlce to 22L. You want to cross over the train marshalling yard, at 1800ft It helps to be slowed to around 170 or less. typically you'll have a pretty good tailwind from the southwest on the down wind. Gotta keep your turn within 3 mile for ORD traffic. Then adjust to the VASI's on final.Somepoint for a challenge. add a wintry mix with gusty winds and minumums right at circling mins. Get's real interesting. Needless to say, MDW is not one of my favorites in the winter for sure.another interesting cahllenge. Again, set up circling mins for 13C this time, with viz around 3mi. At least you'll hae an ILS as a backup on that one. :-)Have Fun.Best,David