Sign in to follow this  
BAW277

Livery Request / BAV 738 without Winglets

Hi all,i am by no means whatsoever a painter but would love to fly this livery. Could one among you be so kind to make such a livery or is it something i can do myself?BestHolger Kneib

Holger,There is plenty of info in the B737 section of the BAVirtual site... including a link to a livery. You're a member, right?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Søren,thanks a lot, i checked through the Cranebank-737-section and i could not find anything related to the PMDG 737, only SID/STAR, no livery. Maybe i am a bit thick here, but if you could help me out i would highly appreciate it!BestHolger Kneib

I made my own by just copying the texture folder from the WL repaint, and adding the corresponding entry to the aircraft.cfg, like we always did in past times. It's dirty, I know, but it worked :)

I made my own by just copying the texture folder from the WL repaint, and adding the corresponding entry to the aircraft.cfg, like we always did in past times. It's dirty, I know, but it worked :)
litgeorge,would you be so nice and spend 5 minutes to write me a 101 how to do that without screwing up things and make this livery thereafter choosable in the free flight window. I tried your advice and the outcome was not to my liking to say the least.Best and thanks in AdvanceHolger Kneib

BA Don't fly the NG.... So why are BAV using the NGX? I thought BAV wanted to be as real as they could?

... would you be so nice and spend 5 minutes to write me a 101 how to do that without screwing up things and make this livery thereafter choosable in the free flight window.
All paint textures have the same areas. The difference and need to have the winglet versions as they are, is so the model can be turned on and off since there are both visual and flight characteristic changes. If you have a livery that has winglets and you want that livery to not have winglets, you do as follow (using the 900 as an example):
  • Copy the folder of that livery from the "FSXSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG 737-900NGX WL" folder.
  • Paste the copy in your "D:HangarFSXSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG 737-900NGX" folder.
  • Open the aircraft.cfg in the D:HangarFSXSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG 737-900NGX folder and copy and paste the entry the other had, but make the following changes:
    • Say the entry was "title=Boeing 737-900NGX DanTrix Airlines Winglets" just remove the word "Winglets". That is telling it to use them.
    • Also the entry "ui_type=737-900NGX" would be changed to "ui_type=737-900". The reason for this is so you can see they will show correctly in the right category.

[*]Last but not least, your aircraft will not have an ini, or at least a clean one. This is for accumulated maintenance hours and such. You'll want this aircraft to have it's own "atc_id" for that.

That's it. If you want the failures to work and want to reset the failure times, continue with these steps.

• After you changed those 3 things and load the aircraft into FSX.
  • Go into your FMC/Menu/Setup/Aircraft page and set the displays and equipment options the way you want.
  • Now exit FSX. Go to the fsxpmdgpmdg 737 ngxaircraft folder and look for the ini file which has been created (this will be named whatever you wrote in the atc_id field).
  • Open that up in textpad, notepad++ or even notepad (do not use Word).
  • Find the [Failure Groups] entry and remove it. The pdf also say to remove the [Failure Timers] group but I don't see that in my ini. If you do, remove it as well.

I (as a painter) don't find this dirty at all. I actually prefer people know how to do this. It's much easier for them to do it then me upload the same exact textures just for a winglet or non-winglet version.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I just realized I missed two entries you would need to change in my above post.

• Drop the "WL" at the end of the "sim=B737-900WL".
  • Remove the "Winglets" at the end of the "ui_variation=" entry

If you want to reverse this process and add winglets to a non-winglet paint, just reverse the processes in this post and my previous one, two posts up.*My paint(s) will come with a much easier way to do this in just adding a thumbnail and texture.cfg to an empty folder titled accordingly, thus eliminating the need to copy files at all. The aircraft.cfg edit will also be in a 'read me' to keep it as simple as I can.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Søren,thanks a lot, i checked through the Cranebank-737-section and i could not find anything related to the PMDG 737, only SID/STAR, no livery. Maybe i am a bit thick here, but if you could help me out i would highly appreciate it!BestHolger Kneib
Holger,Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear ;-)Go to the 737 section in the Forum, plenty of info there.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models