Sign in to follow this  
RJassassin28

New PC: What frames?

ok guys thanks for sppedy replies and i very much appreciate them; now with the CPU, you say that i5 4.5 and i7 at 4.5 are same performance, i am only running fsx and will run Microsift flight when it comes out, i want to think ahead aswell: will it give me same frames, same performance, and how will it run microsft flight? I need to think about it in great detail and i want to computer to last a long time, i want the performance to be kept up!plus i would have to overclock the i5??? Have another look at the case, i rekon all the fans are great and dont need extra cooling; i will also look into that CPU cooler!guys also that cpu cooler is not socket 1155 therefore cant use it with i5 2500K??

plus i would have to overclock the i5??? Have another look at the case, i rekon all the fans are great and dont need extra cooling; i will also look into that CPU cooler!guys also that cpu cooler is not socket 1155 therefore cant use it with i5 2500K??
Which cooler are you refering to? If you mean the NH-D14, take a look at my specs.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Lga1156 coolers will fit sandybridge. As for overclocking, that's the single largest performance boost you can get & a good cooler is the life of an overclocked CPU.

So use the heatsink that comes with the CPU & if you decide to OC later, you're only a cooler away from doing it.

yes absoloutly, now the next thing: HDD's i am going to get 3 drivers: 2*identical drives running parrallel in RAID0 (not sure what GB, not too large because computer will be specifically for fsx and microsoft flight) + 1 single drive for storage and as a failsafe for if RAID crashes!! (also not sure of GB and wont need a lot because of: (same reason as above :)))

If you can't afford a NH-D14, there are plenty budget heatsinks that work great. CM 212 Evo (or Plus), Scythe Mugen 2 rev B, Scythe Mugen 3, Scythe Ninja 3, Corsair A70...

I would get this onehttp://www.ebuyer.com/179179-exdisplay-zalman-cnps10x-extreme-ultra-quiet-socket-1156-1366-775-am3-am2-ebr1-cnps10x-extreme

All motherboard RAID controllers use the computer's CPU and RAM to perform RAID parity calculations. A proper RAID controller will have it's own CPU and RAM cache but costs a lot of money.Because FSX is so dependent on CPU performance, it is recommended to not use motherboard RAID as they will compete for the CPU.I recommend using a single SSD or VelociRaptor reserved solely for use by FSX and another drive for the OS / storage.Saying that, you'd probably struggle to notice a difference with the monster CPU the OP is considering.

All motherboard RAID controllers use the computer's CPU and RAM to perform RAID parity calculations. A proper RAID controller will have it's own CPU and RAM cache but costs a lot of money.Because FSX is so dependent on CPU performance, it is recommended to not use motherboard RAID as they will compete for the CPU.I recommend using a single SSD or VelociRaptor reserved solely for use by FSX and another drive for the OS / storage.Saying that, you'd probably struggle to notice a difference with the monster CPU the OP is considering.
Get a higher capacity Caviar Black or Spinpoint F3. Otherwise, yes.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

why does it matter if fsx and OS are on separate drives, if the drive is an SSD?