Sign in to follow this  
Leffe

Video: CDAP into rwy 16L (VOR/DME) LGSR Santorini.

Only thing I would add is that if you find yourself fast and high with no option but to dive for the runway, much better to contact ATC to advise you approach is not working out and you will be going around. Had this happen the other day on Vatsim where the controller was unable to give me a lower alt due to other traffic issues and as a result ended up way too high. I decided to just call it off and go around and try again.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I don't think you need advice after looking to your video all answer are there, heve you recorded in realtime ?For what I understand when you took control you didn't follow the vertical Deviation path suggested on ND and you was too high,You used HDG wich normally drift you in case of wind, VOR Mode is much reliable to check the drift easily.Why don't increase the ND view it was very small the check the path.As they says stay head and monitoring all the time.Anyway I telling you stuff that i always fight for my self and I am losing hair all the time for my inability otherwise, that cockpit would be my office averyday LOL.gif
Fabrizio, yes this was when the camera was rolling in real time. (No editing)I know, but then the VOR is located left of the rwy, not centerline.Rwy heading is 059 degree and VOR 0,58 so therefore I tried to line up when still on A/P Don´t know if the wind also (17) helped a lot to mess it up....This approach ain´t difficult at all, if one use VNAV/LNAV approach instead. Had landed with goodresult 4 times in the NGX, when I used that metodh instead, which I also prefer 90% of the time, on all VOR/DME Rwy./ Leffe
Only thing I would add is that if you find yourself fast and high with no option but to dive for the runway, much better to contact ATC to advise you approach is not working out and you will be going around. Had this happen the other day on Vatsim where the controller was unable to give me a lower alt due to other traffic issues and as a result ended up way too high. I decided to just call it off and go around and try again.Mark.
Mark, yes you are 100% right. Of course I should have done a Go Around instead./ Leffe

Thanks for posting the film. When hot and high, go around. Khe San landings are not good on the airframe. You also touched down off centre and drifted way over to the right. All reasons to abort the landing and set up again under more control. It is a good idea to have the chart for the procedure. That will give you the heights at each waypoint on approach, and the required profile. CDA is only performed on ATC approval I thought. Still, thanks for posting your video. I find EZCA interesting. Andrew