Sign in to follow this  
squerble

Smaller Jets

Hi all,Over the years I've built up a little collection of addon planes for my FS9 install:Wilco Airbus Evo Series 1 & 2PMDG 747-400/MD-11iFly 737NGLDS 767Now, I enjoy using all of these immensely, but sometimes I feel like I'd rather do shorter flights. I typically fly the A320 fam/737NG to locations (usually in and out of EGGP), but some of these flights will last up to 4 hours or so. I'm actually going to set my sights on some shorter routes (up to an hour/hour and a half etc), perhaps using regional jets.I wanted peoples opinion on the best paid add-ons for these smaller jets (Embraers, Citation, Fokkers etc) for FS9. I like them more complex than standard MSFS planes so would like them to be quite realistic. I'm also considering looking at a turbo-prop or two, maybe the Flight 1 ATR72 etc.Your suggestions?Regards,Karl

For shorter hops I use the following:Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100 Usually KLM regional flights http://www.flight1.c...oduct=fokkerjetFlight ATR 72 Aer Arann has some nice UK flights http://www.flight1.c...sp?product=atr1Feelthere Embraer 135/145 http://www.wilcopub....ional-jets.htmlFeelthere Embraer 170/190 http://www.wilcopub....ets-series.htmlFeelthere Embraer 175/195 http://www.wilcopub....5-195-5748.htmlHope that gets you started.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Hi all,Over the years I've built up a little collection of addon planes for my FS9 install:Wilco Airbus Evo Series 1 & 2PMDG 747-400/MD-11iFly 737NGLDS 767Now, I enjoy using all of these immensely, but sometimes I feel like I'd rather do shorter flights. I typically fly the A320 fam/737NG to locations (usually in and out of EGGP), but some of these flights will last up to 4 hours or so. I'm actually going to set my sights on some shorter routes (up to an hour/hour and a half etc), perhaps using regional jets.I wanted peoples opinion on the best paid add-ons for these smaller jets (Embraers, Citation, Fokkers etc) for FS9. I like them more complex than standard MSFS planes so would like them to be quite realistic. I'm also considering looking at a turbo-prop or two, maybe the Flight 1 ATR72 etc.Your suggestions?Regards,Karl
HelloI really enjoy the Eaglesoft Citation X V2. gets me anywhere in Europe very quickly.

I actually use the Ifly for my shorter routes, set yourself up with the -600 and have at'er. I like to fly multiple legs of about 1 hour each, Keeps me busy at all times.But if you are in the market for something new for shorter routes, I agree the flight1 atr is well done, and is QUITE complicated also.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I have to recommend the Eaglesoft Citation X V2. It's very fast, very fun, can go 3000 nm if you want it to (Not at M.92 though!) and you can get it in and out of smaller airfields. 5000' runways are easy, 4000' is doable with a light plane but the departure will be field limited.

I definitely recommend the Flight1 ATR. It's an older product but still very good. As someone who enjoys flying in the UK, you might want to take a look at Rick Piper's freeware HS748. If you don't mind flying an a/c that is "retro" it really is excellent and perfect for short haul and regional airports.

Thanks all, think I'll start with the Fokker and possibly an Embraer and get my head around those first! :)I like the sound of the 748, remember always visiting the flight desks of the Emerald Airways ones in Liverpool!

Eaglesoft Citation X v2Eaglesoft Citation CJ1+ v2Eaglesoft Citation II (this is actually also a v2. And it's wonderful)Feelthere Embraer ERJ v2Feelthere Embraer Ejet v1 + v2To expand it a little from your original parameter...Digital Aviation CheyenneAeroworx Super Kingair B200

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Our thanks Windy and besides 10% off for Christmas. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Cant go wrong with any of the above suggestions, especially the Eaglesoft birds. I do second the AFG Kingair, great freeware plane.

Thanks all, think I'll start with the Fokker and possibly an Embraer and get my head around those first! :)I like the sound of the 748, remember always visiting the flight desks of the Emerald Airways ones in Liverpool!
The 748 is freeware but payware quality so you can't go wrong with it - give it a try.... There is an Emerald Air paint that comes with the base package. I used to fly the 748 "back in the day" and I can tell you that this comes very close to the real thing. There is also an Andover version with the kneeling landing gear!