Sign in to follow this  
Goair-18

[POLL] Do you receive the black screen on the ngx.n

Black screen when flying  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recive the black screen/part built cockpit on the PMDG NGX

• In full screen jumping out to windowed and back in.
    • Flying online reciving an on screen message (Causes black screen) once answered.
    • Switching between views
    • I have no problems in full screen jumping out to windowed and bk (please provide specs)

TBH I've given up on the NGX, which is a shame but the texture issues are constant, i.e. they will occur eventually on a flight.From my experience it's unreliable.btw I don't have EnB (whatever that is)
CJ. Why don't you post your specs in a new thread. Maybe somebody can help you.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

CJ. Why don't you post your specs in a new thread. Maybe somebody can help you.Regards,
Hi Wanabflyer,Essentially, when I change views or close fsx dialogs (like the flight planner) I can get a black screen or missing textures (i.e. the sidewalls of the VC are gone, or the pfd/nd displays show other texture parts (presumably meant to be hidden by the gauges).And when I close FSX after flying the NGX I get the unrecoverable error/restarting FSX sequence.To be fair to PMDG, I'm wondering if this is down to the dreaded FSX/Win7 uiautomationcore.dll issue. I hadn't encountered it with other aircraft, however after installing the Aerosoft AirbusX I got a lockup on changing views.The other things I've noticed (specific to the NGX) is the ND brightness knob doesn't seem to work (although the PFD & Centre displays do), and all brightness knobs zip between min and max if I do multiple clicks.Chris.I'm running Windows 7 64bit (Home Premium) & FSX SP2 on an i7 2600k @3.4Ghz with 8Gb of DDR3 RAM.GPU is NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 with v285.62 (6.14.12.8562) drivers.Windows partition on a 1Tb Caviar Black HD & FSX partition on Corsair GT 60GB SSD. Edited by Cee-Jaay

No problems at all, i use eyefinity 3x monitors and run a video / fsc in the 4th monitor and switch tasks all the time. Never had an issue, other than the oom's.

The other things I've noticed (specific to the NGX) is the ND brightness knob doesn't seem to work (although the PFD & Centre displays do), and all brightness knobs zip between min and max if I do multiple clicks.
You know sombody just corrected me on that, the buttons controlling the brightness have two elements, if you move the bottom element the brightness works.

Ian R Tyldesley

No black screens here. Using Win7 64 bit, no FPS limiters, and NO UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL anywhere. Run in full screen unless I need to do something, then I use ALT-Enter and minimize, no ALT-tabbing.

I voted yes on "switching between views" but for the record: this is true for all/any aircraft in FSX, not just the NGX.