Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

CYVR Vancouver released

There are a few good scenes for Canada. CYXE is another amazing freeware too. Too me they're more then payware quality. I have FSX as well but some of these amazing sceneries for FS9 make it hard to be able to tell the difference.

Which Saskatoon (CYXE) scenery are you talking about? I have only seen one CYXE scenery and it was made way back in 2005. 

I also found the crash was not related to this airport.

Would you mind sharing what you found to be the cause of the crash?

Greg

Which Saskatoon (CYXE) scenery are you talking about? I have only seen one CYXE scenery and it was made way back in 2005. 

As far as I know the 2005 scenery is the only scenery available.   Interestingly, Aviasim announced CYXE for FSX and FS9 a number of years ago.  I provided about 200 photographs of CYXE for the project. From screen shots posted to FSDeveloper and on the Aviasim site itself the project looked very promising.  Aviasim had numerous projects under development but I don't recall many reaching the finish line.  The projects along with Aviasim eventually disappeared.  As I recall CYXE was abandoned even before the demise of Aviasim because the developer said the airport was undergoing major changes including a new terminal building.  The developer, who lives in the UK, also said he could not get the cooperation of the airport authority.  Too bad this and most of the other projects came to nothing because the developer was very talented.

Greg 

Would you mind sharing what you found to be the cause of the crash?

Greg

I'm not completely certain that's why I didn't post the reason. I had no crash coming in but leaving the airport FS crashed on 3 attempts. All crashes occurred when I was somewhere around another airport CYYJ. This airport had mip mapped textures. I believe the mips can cause a crash if airports close by don't have mips. (I think)

Rather than remove the mips, I removed CYYJ completely for the 4th attempt to take no chances and there was no crash. I've reinstalled CYYJ without mips this time and noted the airport and what occurred for future flights in the area. I'm guessing it was just the mips and not anything else to do with CYYJ so hope to have no future problems. I'm still working my way through understanding what upsets FS and what doesn't. 

Mark Daniels

Sorry, I meant CYQR which is sensational. Some nice Canadian airports around. CYPR is well done too.

I agree. The scenery for Regina (CYQR) is amazing! It should get a award! I don't have a scenery for CYPR, are you talking about the one made by Sidney Schwartz or a different one? I will have to try it out.

I agree. The scenery for Regina (CYQR) is amazing! It should get a award!

I absolutely agree. The Regina scenery is among the best sceneries produced for FS9, payware or freeware. Apart from the quality of the airport, there's also the surrounding region including the city and an AI package that replicates the actual GA aircraft based there. And as complex as it is, performance is smooth with no FPS problems. I don't know if AVSIM still give out Gold Star awards but if they do, this definitely deserves consideration. Greg has given us some other really excellent sceneries, but this is his masterpiece!