Sign in to follow this  
Virtual Reality

If "Flight" is the same as this then it will be a failure.

Guest jahman
Let me answer you, someone here will chime in to cheer me but I like those pets :(
  • A full list of aircraft that will be included in FLIGHT A Maule and a Sterman
  • Whether the simulator/game is Hawaii only or includes the world Hawaii only + a bonus volcano island ( to pay apart $19.99 )
  • What new features are in FLIGHT Dozens of feature of FSX will be cutted out like f.i. ATC, Flight Planner etc...
  • Whether 3rd party development is included After Flight SDK will be released, approx not before fall-winter 2013
  • What's different compared to FSX Only a bunch of extra FPS and a ton of drained stuff
  • Teaser or Trailer video showing features rather than of a plane flying around Hawaii. You will keep on seeing the very same video subject until the game release, just like the whole last year and a half because there is nothing more to show, of course.
  • Any decent FAQ's An Avsim forumer ( syousef ) has just leaked the real FAQs -> http://forum.avsim.n...new-faq-posted/
  • Any developer video's or input, like "Microsoft's FLIGHT Lead Designer Q&A'" etc... Are you crazy ? Those men are protected by FBI Witness Protection Plan to protect them against simmers really bad reactions

If that's what you feel flight will be, you might want to consider quitting flight simming and finding another hobby.Alternatively, if that's how you manage your expectations so you will be pleased with whatever Flight has to offer when released, your strategy is brilliant!Cheers,- jahman.

If that's what you feel flight will be, you might want to consider quitting flight simming and finding another hobby.Alternatively, if that's how you manage your expectations so you will be pleased with whatever Flight has to offer when released, your strategy is brilliant!Cheers,- jahman.
I am happy with FSX + quite a lot of addons. I am only disappointed by the FSX fps.As simmer I like flight simulations and I am deeply against vs the ones who try to arcadize them all, alias MS.I am also disappointed about the fact that many simmers here ( with whom I share love for flight simulations ) will be outraged by those MS console boys.

Matt,Flight is NOT about to be released so just hold tight for about 8-9 months.
What is your opinion about his other point: The release of infomation before FSX came out?

I am under the impression that during CES MS will simply show a video of Flight, pretty much the same stuff we have been kept on seeing during the last year and a half.As January news MS will sell some white chocolate biplanes and few MS branded blue candy bags.
Your impressions are meaningless unless you can back them up.

daru1,It's a moot point (see, spelled correctly) because all that information was released near or after the end of beta testing.So just in the same way as with FSX, there will be MARKETING information released BEFORE Flight is released, just not right now.

Until Flight is actually released, it should be a mute point!

Until Flight is actually released, it should be a mute point!
Would you prefer to close the Flight forum until the summer release ?Or do you have any interesting arguments to post beside trying uselessly to censure the other ones ?

Or do you have any interesting arguments to post beside trying uselessly to censure the other ones ?
Actually, it was only my attempt at levity with a little wordplay. I briefly forgot that speculation and not witticism is the order of the day in The Microsoft Flight Forum!

Actually, it was only my attempt at levity with a little wordplay. I briefly forgot that speculation and not witticism is the order of the day in The Microsoft Flight Forum!
Actually, I've suggested to Tom A. that the forum be renamed to the "Microsoft Fight Forum..." :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok,Flight is on the way. BETA testing needs to happen, you all want a good product this time right?? CES is January 10th 2012 (variable if you live in different regions/hemispheres). It really is dissapointing to hear speculation/guesswork and "are we there yet" comments in this forum. We are all itching for this release which is understandable after the release in 2006 (or whenever it was) so making it about 5 years. That's alot of time to read the critisism about FSX. We all hope that Flight will be released soon and we hope the performance will be sufficient. Let's do it this way, we wait until January 10th 2012, then we hope someone will post some lovely photos of their visit to CES, if not that's too bad, then we wait for the next announcement. Let's also not speculate. Even though Microsoft have a pattern to their development process called a "roadmap" sometimes behaviours and roadmaps can change for whatever reason. We should be so lucky for a new flight sim, we could very well have been stuck with FSX and it's variable performance. We need to be rational, realistic, and have at least the potential to be excited. We don't know how it will run or even what Cambodia looks like in the Sim. We know nothing and Microsoft will have a reason for it, it cannot be our concern yet until it is in our domain.Cheers from New ZealandGo the All Blacks.Kelvin