Sign in to follow this  

Problem with auto-brakes!

Hi all; I have a serius problem with the auto-brakes in my 737NGX PMDG.When I set 1 or 2 or 3 about auto-brakes, function normally during the landing, but I can't disable!The plane stops on the runway and I can't vacate because the brakes don't stop to function! i can't set parking brake or advance the trottle because the aircraft don't mouve!!HELP!

I have the same problem. I have to turn the autobrakes off then tap the toe brakes to release the locked autobrakes. So I leave the autobrakes off. Sigh.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Try tapping them twice. Full down, full up, and repeat. Then apply as necessary.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Kind of weird here as well - if I tap the toe-brakes twice, the brakes disengage (and the red brakes tag at bottom of screen disapears) and the green autobrakes light goes out. But, if I then flip the autobrakes knob to off as I taxi off the active, the brakes and red indicator come back on until I again double-tap the toe brakes. It's as if the double-tap disengages the brakes, but doesn't fully deactivate the autobrakes code mechenism.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

On my first PMDGNGX-800 filght KSANKPHX rw8 (long rwy) I did not use AutoBrakes and all went well (minus my usual couple hundred first flight mistakes) with reversers and toe brakes.I will test the AutoBraking on my second flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Don't disable the autobrakes at the switch- if you use rudder pedals, you have to apply more braking force than the autobrakes are applying to disable them. If you are using a flight stick or a button for brakes, just hold the button for about 2 seconds. I've never had the brake problem except for once, when I shut them off at the switch.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo