Sign in to follow this  
Helge Rasmussen

SDK status (again)?

Sorry,I know this is an old beaten horse, but could we please get an official update on the state of the SDK?What I am starting to think, is that the SDK never is going to be released. Could you please let us know if that is the case?Personally, I am going to retire the NGX and not buying the expansions to it if I cannot use it with FS2Crew and external hardware. I bought it back then because of rumors of the SDK coming, and if it isn't, then unfortunately the NGX would have been a failed investment FOR ME.I would be really sad if that is the case, as the NGX is by far the best available plane for FSX, but I value FS2Crew and the extra hardware I invested in too much.It is of course your decision whether you will release the SDK, I just hope that you make a decision that I would like :)What I am hoping for is an official response, not a lot of posts reiterating the last response from PMDG.Best regards,HelgePS. When I say SDK above, I really am not interested in using the SDK myself. I would be quite happy if the SDK was released to Bryan York (FS2Crew), VRInsight (hardware) and other fsim hardware producers.

Edited by Helge Rasmussen

Helge Rasmussen

My point precisely. I too bought the NGX thinking that I was to have a FO, but only yesterday I reinstalled the Ifly and made all my flights with FS2Crew. The immersion factor is so good that I had forgotten just how enjoyable it is. Something that is currently missing in the NGX. Without doubt IMO the NGX is a far better plane, but I hate flying the 737 on my own, it just doesn't do it for me. I don't want to go back to the Ifly :(

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

My point precisely. I too bought the NGX thinking that I was to have a FO, but only yesterday I reinstalled the Ifly and made all my flights with FS2Crew. The immersion factor is so good that I had forgotten just how enjoyable it is. Something that is currently missing in the NGX. Without doubt IMO the NGX is a far better plane, but I hate flying the 737 on my own, it just doesn't do it for me. I don't want to go back to the Ifly :(
What exactly are the main features you like in FS2Crew ?I watched the videos on their web site but I couldn't understand what the FO can do by " himself " and in which way, f.i. does the software allow to extend flaps after a voice/button command or does the software complete checklists by itself with no input ?I mean can the FO start the APU after a voice command in a specific step of a checklist ?Thx Edited by Mark II

I also can`t enjoy flying the NGX because there is no virtual first officer on my right hand side.I`m still flying the Jetstream with FS2Crew.So, I don`t know why they have trouble to release the SDK, but I don`t fly this bird until it is available.

What exactly are the main features you like in FS2Crew ?I watched the videos on their web site but I couldn't understand what the FO can do by " himself " and in which way, f.i. does the software allow to extend flaps after a voice/button command or does the software complete checklists by itself with no input ?I mean can the FO start the APU after a voice command in a specific step of a checklist ?Thx
Hi Mark, sure, FS2Crew basically gives you a FO who does as much or as little as you want them to do. They actually peform the normal duties involved with flying the 737. It's important that as the pilot, you do the initial procedures, including inputting information into the CDU. I always fly from cold and dark and you then have the oiption to do a full pre flight or whether to simply do the pre flight procedure checks. Once you have put life into the bird, the FO will then perform all the usual inputs up until pushback, you then call for pushback, instruct the FO to start engines, then he'll prep for TO, then check for after TO check list, prepare for landing, initiate flaps, etc etc. all the time chatting to you. Not to mention being able to ask the FA for a cup of coffee! If you're lucky she might even bring a sandwich! But the good thing is that they are all recorded sequences and not simply 'one key' responses that IMO can often sound robotic and unlife like. I could not believe how flying the 737 suddenly became 100% more realistic and immersive. I have tried the demo version of... erm, can't remember, it's the Aerosoft equivalent, and although I can see some of it's benefits, it is certainly not a replacement for FS2Crew. If you have the chance of getting FS2Crew, if Bryan ever gets his hands on the SDK, then don't even think about it, get it! Oh, and in case it may sound complicated, I can promise you you'll be using it correctly within minutes and not hours. Cheers. Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Mark, sure, FS2Crew basically gives you a FO who does as much or as little as you want them to do. They actually peform the normal duties involved with flying the 737. It's important that as the pilot, you do the initial procedures, including inputting information into the CDU. I always fly from cold and dark and you then have the oiption to do a full pre flight or whether to simply do the pre flight procedure checks. Once you have put life into the bird, the FO will then perform all the usual inputs up until pushback, you then call for pushback, instruct the FO to start engines, then he'll prep for TO, then check for after TO check list, prepare for landing, initiate flaps, etc etc. all the time chatting to you. Not to mention being able to ask the FA for a cup of coffee! If you're lucky she might even bring a sandwich! But the good thing is that they are all recorded sequences and not simply 'one key' responses that IMO can often sound robotic and unlife like. I could not believe how flying the 737 suddenly became 100% more realistic and immersive. I have tried the demo version of... erm, can't remember, it's the Aerosoft equivalent, and although I can see some of it's benefits, it is certainly not a replacement for FS2Crew. If you have the chance of getting FS2Crew, if Bryan ever gets his hands on the SDK, then don't even think baout it, get it! Oh, and in case it may sound complicated, I can promise you you'll be using it correctly within minutes and not hours. Cheers.
I will have to buy FS2Crew, sure !Thanks mate for the detailed description, I appreciate it a lot.Cheers

This is a great thread, thank you for putting it together. Please PMDG can you give some sort of update, we are not demanding that you release it immediately, but rather request some form of an update, or progression status update. Thank You.

Sure, it's not a demand just a polite request on the position of things.

Howard

Sure, it's not a demand just a polite request on the position of things.
I think the answer to one question would satisfy many:Is the SDK for the PMDG 737NGX going to be made available to hardware and software developers?Just an observation, not a request.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi all, as English is my second language, do you think I should get the voice or button versions ? I manage to fly VATSIM online almost without a problem :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Is the SDK for the PMDG 737NGX going to be made available to hardware and software developers?
That's the question I have been asking myself all the time, why doesn't PMDG in the meantime release the SDK only for some authorized developers, with a non disclosure agreement? So we could at least have FS2Crew - to name one - that is absolutely essential in such a beautiful aircraft!
Hi all, as English is my second language, do you think I should get the voice or button versions ? I manage to fly VATSIM online almost without a problem :)
In my opinion the voice version is the most realistic. No problem at all if you are not english mothertongue.

James Goggi

Thanks to all for staying positive on this thread :)I wouls like to suggest that questions about FS2Crew is posted in the FS2Crew forum here on Avsim! Or at least not in this thread, just so this thread stays focused.There are I think some issues about using non english versions of windows with the voice version, but Bryan is the one to answer this.Best regards,Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Hi Guys, if you would read posts from PMDG you will know that SDK will be available after NGX will be finished completely.Best regards

Gents,I'm starting to think that perhaps the reason for PMDG's silence is that the release of the SDK is somehow tied to upcoming news with Microsoft flight and hence the possible reason that they cannot respond. I can't imagine that after all our calls for some updates, that they are just ignoring us. Just a thought.

Hi Guys, if you would read posts from PMDG you will know that SDK will be available after NGX will be finished completely.
That would make sense to wait until the NGX is completely fine tuned. Maybe even as long as SP2 takes to come out.Yall have fun with your I-Flys now. Hasta La Vista! :( Edited by UAL115