Sign in to follow this  

I'm sorry to say I was deeply right

Why in the world would you still be asking for or talking about Airliners in Flight at this point? :( What are you expecting, a 737 in Flight to fly around in circles?
That's called " holding pattern " ... :(Now seriously, Flight is a soap ball and within days we will forget about it.I am still wondering if Jim alias JSkorna has taken a long vacation to Hawaii, I can't seem to spot him recently :(- Edited by Mark II

It has been confirmed by AVSIM staff that while Microsoft has been courting third-party developers, the percentage of sales Microsoft is asking for has been a deal breaker for most of them.
Since when is ONE developer that Tom didn't even identify by name suddenly plural? :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Since when is ONE developer that Tom didn't even identify by name suddenly plural? :(
Because the others didn't bother to go?

As I understand it, that's the only developer at the moment who's willing to play ball. All the rest have said no thanks. Edited by Mountain Man

Hi,$10.00 a month is nothing compared to the thousands upon thousands I've spent on Flight Simulation. I will continue to pay $10.00 a month until a viable alternative arrives. As of today its not going to be MS Flight and/or XPlane10. On my system Prepar3D out performs FSX by a large margin and will only get better as time goes by.All hobbies cost money, heck I crashed my RC Helicopter and had to spend over $300.00 in replacement parts. So if my flight simming cost $10.00 a month, that's nothing. As far as I'm concerned, P3D is worth every penny of my $10.00 a month membership.

And how long do you expect to keep paying that? Three months and you could have bought FSX Gold. Eight months and you could have bought X-Plane 10. $10 a month is going add up pretty quick.
Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

As I understand it, that's the only developer at the moment who's willing to play ball. All the rest have said no thanks.
Reread what Tom actually wrote. Even the one who went was uninterested...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Mitch,I can say in all honestly that P3D runs smoother on my machine than FSX, even when FSX is set with lower graphical settings. So performance is being improved upon with P3D and as a result it's superior to FSX.

No Michael not at all. However it does not fix one crucial area - Performance.
Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I can say in all honestly that P3D runs smoother on my machine than FSX even at lower settings.
Mike, could it be the fact you are running P3D without addons have anything to do with the increased performance?

Hi Mitch,I'm using PMDG's 737NGX with McPhat's HD American retro texture set (screen resolution 5760x1200x32) and the performance is better and/or smoother than FSX. I have ported over numerous addons from FSX to P3D. I'm not comparing a plain vanilla P3D to a fully loaded FSX.

Mike, could it be the fact you are running P3D without addons have anything to do with the increased performance?
Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Hi Mitch,I'm using PMDG's 737NGX with McPhat's HD American retro texture set (screen resolution 5760x1200x32) and the performance is better and/or smoother than FSX. I have ported over numerous addons from FSX to P3D. I'm not comparing a plain vanilla P3D to a fully loaded FSX.
Good enough. If they at some point in time change their funding policies, it might be worth looking at. I can see the appeal.

I've noticed little or no increase in P3D performance over FSX, but it runs smoother, especially at low fps over large urban areas. In FSX aircraft become uncontrollable at low fps, but in P3D aircraft behave much smoother when fps drops low.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

$500 a license or $10 a month is a no-go for me. I'm raising 2 daughters (well the 2nd one will be born sometime in the next couple of days) and my wife is not going to be going back to work. I have spent a lot on flight simulation over the years and I have a lot of hardware to prove it. But I can't stomach the P3D costs. Fortunately I really am liking XPlane 10. Sure, all the landmark buildings are missing, but the roads are REAL. I was able to take off from 3CK (Lake In The Hills, IL) and fly over my parents' street 10 miles to the east, then my own street another 15 miles to the east in Arlington Heights, IL (deep in the northwest Chicago suburbs). Then I turned around and flew southwest to KDKB (DeKalb, IL) and flew over the Northern Illinois University campus at night and it actually looks pretty darn realistic for not having any real buildings. And I know because I've piloted over NIU many times in a real Cessna 172. I bought the Carenado C172II and am really happy with how realistic it flies and how smooth the instruments are. Something that I never got in FSX. I've done X-Plane for years and was never really sastified with it and always came back to the MS FS series. Not anymore. I've made the switch. Is it perfect? No. Is it getting better? Yes.

Edited by Xpendable

Guest jahman

There is a glimmer of hope: Consider Flight is like an operating system for aviation (aerodynamics, terrain, weather engines).Perhaps Flight is just a baby being born and the more sophisticated FSX-style flying will happen in the future as addons become available (especially if the disinterest in Flight proves to be widespread even at $free).In the meantime we can all continue with FSX and keep busy building new PCs around Ivy Bridge and PCIe 3.Cheers,- jahman.

It has been confirmed by AVSIM staff that while Microsoft has been courting third-party developers
ASVIM said that we had talked to ONE developer. That's not plural as in developers. Its DEVELOPER. :(

There is a glimmer of hope: Consider Flight is like an operating system for aviation (aerodynamics, terrain, weather engines).Perhaps Flight is just a baby being born and the more sophisticated FSX-style flying will happen in the future as addons become available (especially if the disinterest in Flight proves to be widespread even at $free).In the meantime we can all continue with FSX and keep busy building new PCs around Ivy Bridge and PCIe 3.Cheers,- jahman.
Very true. If the sales are low for addons. They should reconsider their ideas aobut 3PD.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.