Sign in to follow this  

I'm sorry to say I was deeply right

You will be eventually able to buy Cayman islands, Krakatoa neighborhoods, Alaska penguins study science module, Brasil Rio statue neighborhoods and so on, $ 29,99 each.
Yeah thats exactly what I think Flight will be like. Flying with small planes in Earths most interesting places and such would surely attract gamers.

It looks like MS Flight learned something from ORBX. Charge for regions, add-on airports, airplane (s) and give away some free stuff. Except that it worked for ORBX, it will NOT for Flight.I'm glad, I didn't get excited about Flight. :(

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It looks like MS Flight learned something from ORBX. Charge for regions, add-on airports, airplane (s) and give away some free stuff. Except that it worked for ORBX, it will NOT for Flight.I'm glad, I didn't get excited about Flight. :(
That remains to be seen, don't you think? Who knows what this new approach will bring for the future. I have faith after reading some editorials. Then again, my cup was always half full :(http://venturebeat.c...into-new-skies/http://uk.pc.ign.com.../1215651p1.html Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

There are still things unknown, but the good news from Microsoft regarding Flight, have been few and far between. Sure the graphics have improved, but Flight looks dated compared to current PC games. That is my opinion as a 20+ years loyal flight simulator fan.I still can't understand what Microsoft is trying to sell here. Flying under bridges and between balloons? That sounds like fun for five seconds. Most people I knew that bought FSX played it for a few hours then forgot about it. I really can't see the majority of gamers being exited about Flight either. These kids buy titles like FIFA, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Skyrim etc. and are used to superb graphics and constant action. Not selling to the niche market of aviation enthusiasts seems like a huge gamble in my opinion.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Howard is the leading author of Flight.Could we please invite Coward among us ? Oops, sorry I am not a mothertongue so I may have misspelled something here and there.

We must have read differing press releases... your's appears to have said it was to be exclusively a toy for the masses... Mine didn't
Of course its not a toy, how could it be with robust new features like hidden aerocaches. Ah hahaha... I can't even say that without cracking up. You guys have been truly awesome. I LOVE this forum. Seriously the best source of entertainment.

Of course its not a toy, how could it be with robust new features like hidden aerocaches.
I will admit to chuckling over this too.....a lot actually.I mean the demo video looked quite nice; sadly the content/context appears to be more akin to "Super Mario Airplane" than an actual simulator.Perhaps Microsoft could release the full codebase of FSX for rework by one of the current 3rd party developers (NOT Lockheed-Martin) as an option? Optimise for multicore and clean up the messes outstanding for the last 5-6 years?In the meantime I will pass on signing in to the Microsoft Live environment as "Greeneggsandham" in order to download my free wingtip smoke generator and the bonus of opening my wallet for microstransactions allowing my airplane to be better than default with go faster stripes and my name on the props :( .Bit of drag really. End of an era.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

The question is now: will flight + add-ons be better and as affordable as FSX + the tons of add-ons most of us bought. Better (and all the criteria we may pu in this): we don't know enough yet, cheaper or not: same.But receiving a free B737 at first connextion ? Pretty funny when we have a look at the PMDG NGX. I hope they made progress compared with the default FSX one .....What I know is that my FSX still got some years to live as all the sliders are not pushed to the right.

Edited by VPA481

As with all previous press releases this news can apparently be interpreted in many ways... I like this part of the news. I'll be having fun with Flight! :(In “Microsoft Flight,” players view the world from above in a visually stunning and realistic representation of the earth, complete with region-specific weather patterns, foliage, terrain and landmarks. Players can choose to take the helm using highly rendered, accurate cockpits and authentic piloting procedures, or simply use their mouse and keyboard to control the plane in an exterior view. More experienced players can tailor the flight controls to match their skill level, making “Microsoft Flight” easy for beginners while still challenging for the most accomplished PC pilots.Initially Hawaii only. For free! But other content available through the store. Could there be jets in the pipeline? :(
Are you still playing this game? You guys have been banging on about "They said 'world', so the initial release can't possibly be Hawaii only!" And guess what? The initial release is Hawaii only. Now you're hitching your wagon to vague phrases like "authentic piloting procedures", which could just as easily describe an arcade flyer like Pilot Wings as a high fidelity flight simulator. What you desperately want them to mean isn't necessarily what they actually mean. That's the beauty of ad copy, it's deliberately vague to fool the consumer into thinking that they're promising more than they really are.Sorry, guys, but Flight is a wash. You're going to have to look elsewhere if you want a real simulator. Edited by Mountain Man

Wrong. Numerous editorials have descibed that Flight is as much a hardcore sim as an arcade game. That's not ad copy now is it? Just pick what you want. And Microsoft modelled the whole world for Flight. They decided to release only smaller regions though, starting with Hawaii. On a sidenote, I personally never denied the suggestion Flight could be Hawaii only.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Numerous editorials have descibed that Flight is as much a hardcore sim as an arcade game.
Where?

I watched the video and read the news release. Sorry, but the whole thing looks like an arcade game made for Xbox 360. Note that I am a long time FS simmer, having started way back with Flight Simulator in the SubLogic days on the C64 and with FS4 on the PC and have purchased and used every version since.

Hi,I hear ya, I've been around since Microsoft Flight Simulator for the Tandy computer. MS Flight is a no go for me, as well as XP10. I don't want some generated world (XP10) that does not represent the actual world, not sure why anyone would want that in a flight simulator program. The only real choice (for me anyway) is Prepar3D, an FSX type platform that is still being developed/improved upon even as I type this.I just hope the third party developers jump onboard P3D, if that happens then everything is good again in the virtual skies...

I watched the video and read the news release. Sorry, but the whole thing looks like an arcade game made for Xbox 360. Note that I am a long time FS simmer, having started way back with Flight Simulator in the SubLogic days on the C64 and with FS4 on the PC and have purchased and used every version since.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.