Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Ground texture bleed through Imaginesim KDEN

I hope this is the righ place to post this! I use FS9 with UTUSA, GEPro, FSG mesh, FSG landclass (sandwiched b/t UTCity and UTUSA). My computer specs: 2007 iMac 2.66 GHz, 4MB RAM, 1TB HDD, Bootcamp. Flight sim has been very smooth with my current system.I'm running into an issue with Imaginesim's KDENv2 (and yes I have contacted them about the issue with ... wait for it .... no response! Shocking :( ). My issue is ground textures are bleeding through the edges of the taxiways (they rapidly fade away as you get toward the center of the taxiways) and aprons. The roads around the airport parking lots are completely covered with grass. The roads for the airport vehicles are fine on the aprons, but once the roads move into the grassy areas between the apron and taxiways, they are covered by the grassy ground textures, with the white edge lines and dashed centerlines showing.I've tried reinstalling KDEN twice, I've placed it at the top of the scenery layers, I've tried inactivating FSG landclass, and I tried inactivating the KDEN flatten.bgl file. Nothing works. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with KDEN or another Imaginesim airport (or any airport, for that matter), and found a fix. I was thining maybe the airport altitude needed to be adjusted but I have no idea how to check that, nor how to adjust it.I appreciate everyone's help in advance!Todd

You may have to experiment (carefully) with your [TERRAIN] FS9.cfg values. I have never had texture bleed through problems at IS KDEN, but did have serious bleed through on the concourse of the old SF KPHX with addon mesh until I made some changes that eliminated the problem when nothing else worked. Here is what worked with this:Old settings and severe texture bleed through:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4Searching around for a solution I happened across these settings in an old post in FSGenesis forum for meshes and high end systems:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=95.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=40.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=60.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1242456For whatever reason, these values corrected KPHX when flattens, uninstalling meshes, graphic card and display settings, etc didn't. I did not notice any new problems elsewhere (as often can be the case).Only a suggestion of where a possible solution for you may be.

IIRC Imaginesim KDEN needs a flatten in the scenery.cfg. I can't remember if the installer does that or if you have to do it manually, but check your scenery.cfg and see if it's there (disregard if you already put it there).Jim

Steve,I tried your suggested changes and they didn't work for me. :sad:Jim,I looked at my Scenery.cfg file and the Imaginesim KDEN section does not have a 'flatten' line. Is there a standard entry I shold use?Interestingly, I have the same problem with Imaginesim's KMCI (which also happens to be v2).I appreciate the input, gentlemen!Todd

Edited by twharrell

Hi Todd, I fired up the old AthlonXP machine and had a look. I didn't have the flatten either, but here's the deal: Check your "Flight Simulator 9Imagine SimulationKDEN Denvertool" folder, there's a 'scenerytool.exe' in there that should put the flatten in your scenery.cfg. If not, here's what my imaginesim Kden entry looks like after running the tool:

[Area.160]Title=Imagine Simulation - KDEN DenverLocal=Imagine SimulationKDEN DenverRemote=Required=FALSEActive=TRUELayer=160Flatten.0=5431,N39 55.50,W104 45.[img=http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif],N39 55.50,W104 35.05,N39 48.71,W104 35.05,N39 48.71,W104 45.[img=http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif]

Jim

Edited by Jim Robinson

Jim,I don't have a scenerytool.exe file in any of my Imaginesim airport folders. Do you have version 2??Todd

I don't know what version it is, it's old, I downloaded it probably 3 yrs ago. I haven't been using it for the past 2. I assumed it was the latest version because I was under the impression ImagineSim was finished with FS9, but apparently there's a newer version? I knew there was a new one for FSX but I didn't know the FS9 version got updated as well (it was definitely due). Sorry, I've paid less than no attention to what Imaginesim's been doing in the past couple years :( .The bleedthrough problem does sound like a flatten issue though, you could try the flatten in the scenery.cfg anyway and see if it helps, just remove it again if it has undesireable effects.Guess I better go check Imaginesim's site, lolJim

Jim,You should definitely get v2 of KDEN - much better than v1.Cheers,

Graeme Butler

V2 is definitely nicer. However the touchdown zone markings on all the runways are wrong. I wish Imaginesim would fix those. I contacted them multiple times about it with zero response. Hopefully I can figure out this ground bleed issue. I tried reinstalling v1 and have no problems with ground bleeding, but it really made me appreciate the looks of v2.Todd

I downloaded the demo version and yes it is quite a bit nicer than the old one. I think if I purchase one though I'll get the FSX version. BTW, I didn't notice any issues with bleedthrough while I was checking it out, what exactly are you seeing Todd, is it a layering problem where the landclass textures are poking through the runway and taxiway surfaces delineated by a hard line that sort of moves with you as you taxi?Jim

-Do not buy ImagineSim Kden V2 for fs2004 as the texture problem remains.Not only is it bleeding; as the normal terrain from fs9 texture bleeds through the custom terrain that v2 offers.I don't know if this issue applies to FSX or not; as I only have the fs9 version due to the fact that i'm not investing in FSX since ImagineSim does not offer support, or any hint of stabilization with the release.ImagineSim offered an update (http://www.imaginesim.com/KDENspecific/KDEN_updates.htm) However it didn't work on my install.Do a favor for me though. Try changing the season to fall and see if that fixes the problem. I'm pretty sure it's only in the winter.