My AS2012 is not updating temperatures at the different altitudes correctly during descent and climb. I have to manually open up my World-Weather window, switch to "Clear Weather" then switch back to "User-Defined" to get it to work properly. Everything else seems to be working correctly, just not the temperatures. Even when flying I get the green box stating "AS2012 has downloaded new weather" (or whatever the exact lingo is). Any suggestions?

I had this problem too today on a EHAM-LEPA flight with the PMDG MD11. I'd +42C on FL260 waypoint CIV.No ice was detected so no AI. After a while on FL360 temps were -23C.Edward Smeets

Also I have noticed an issue where the winds won't alter during descent...I flew the other day from KIAD to KATL in the QW 757 and the winds at 4000' were about the same as up at FL340

Just a couple other notes:My FSX is installed in C:/Microsoft Gamesand AS2012 is installed in the same folder. I right-click run as administrator AS2012 and start FSX through AS2012

Hi Paul,I have just flown EHAM-ENGM without any issues.Temps all dropped down at a steady rate and the winds up dated every 20 mins which is my setting.On descent all was in order.I am not seeing what you are finding.

Dope! Figured it out...when I did a complete reinstall of FSX and all my other flight simming goodies, I forgot to disable weather updates from SquawkBox...everything seems to be working fine so far this flight from OKBK to EINN...

Nope, I stand corrected...temperatures and winds are still not updating during my descents. I am currently at 12300' and my TAT is still -38C and my OAT is still -51C. Winds are still at 65 kts from 268

I have switched from DWC to standard...so far so good, but now I have an issue where the sky starts flashing when AS2012 starts its updates...Does anyone have any ideas what I may have set up incorrectly? Any suggestions?

I have switched from DWC to standard...so far so good, but now I have an issue where the sky starts flashing when AS2012 starts its updates...Does anyone have any ideas what I may have set up incorrectly? Any suggestions?
The "strobing" and stuttering effect you see is a by-product of SimConnect. It cannot be eliminated in STANDARD depiction. Unfortunately, since MS is no longer supporting FSX and SimConnect, it is something that will never be fixed.On the bright side, AS2012 has greatly improved how it writes to FSX in STANDARD mode to help aleviate that problem.As for your other problems, I cannot replicate what you are experiencing. I suggest you open a ticket with Hifi @ http://support.hifitechinc.com/ Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Paul! Noticed the same thing occurring during climbout with AS2012 DWC mode. Seems the program only updates the temperature after the plane has climbed through one of the metar reporting altitudes at which time it changes rapidly one degree per second. And unless you level off just above a reporting level the temperature will remain incorrect during the cruise! I verified that the same scenario occurs using ASE. I have switched to using STANDARD as you have and will just have to live with the sudden cloud changes and flashes. Updates are much faster using AS2012 vs ASE, however, and that is one consolation. I posted a detailed explanation to the attention of Damian on this matter weeks ago, butI never received any response. Hope you do better with trouble ticket.

Edited by HiFly

Hi Paul! Noticed the same thing occurring during climbout with AS2012 DWC mode. Seems the program only updates the temperature after the plane has climbed through one of the metar reporting altitudes at which time it changes rapidly one degree per second. And unless you level off just above a reporting level the temperature will remain incorrect during the cruise! I verified that the same scenario occurs using ASE. I have switched to using STANDARD as you have and will just have to live with the sudden cloud changes and flashes. Updates are much faster using AS2012 vs ASE, however, and that is one consolation. I posted a detailed explanation to the attention of Damian on this matter weeks ago, butI never received any response. Hope you do better with trouble ticket.
Well, I am glad it isn't just me that seems to be having this issue...maybe there will be a SP released soon addressing this

I'm experiencing the same issue you guys are having. Although the latest BETA update did improve thing a little bit for me. I now have a gradual temperature drop during climb till ~FL250-280 but above that problem returns: temperature stays the same when climbing, only to drop after passing a certain altitude by 1 degree a second for 6/7 seconds, step by step, like a stair all the way till cruise lvl.

All I gotta say: the same thing that fixed my problem with ASE fixed the problem with AS2012, and that is update. Slightly different though this time, as you need to update FSUIPC (I now have version 4.758 and no issues so far...well see during the descent but climb is going smoothly unlike previous times). I am even running it under DWC so no flickering of the screen.

Yup, the update to FSUIPC seems to have solved the problem. Winds and temperatures all worked as they should have during all phases of flight while using DWC.