Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

THE NGX experience at almost 5GHZ ! "as real as it gets"

Thanks for watching my video too! The video looked laggy there, but that's because of fraps. Normally at TNCM I'm getting around 30 fps. :) With fraps around 20, including the lag it looks even worse. Do you have any better ways of recording so this lag doesn't happen that much? Thanks!
Hey!Yeah Fraps eat up my FPS too and i also get some lags , BELIEVE ME ! LooL. it is what it is, i deal with it. Anyway i have some habits with my PC. EVERYTHING IS KEPT, SAVED, INSTALLED WITH A CERTAIN SENSE OF ORDER. I do not spoil my hard drive with crappy programs, app or other tweaks that I'm not convinced to be very efficient in helping fsx run smoothly. I also defray but not all the time. once every 6 or 8 weeks. As i said it FSX is in windowed mode (prevent tons of pbs, because FSX hates alt+ Enter), Vsync off, bojote tweaks, and above all CHERISH YOUR MACHINE !! LoL. Just my humble experience, i'm not claiming to be an expert in this sim thing but i've done my own experience and i known where to go or not.Speaking about recording, all i do is basic, i only use fraps and then edit the videos with WMM: the sim does the rest! sorry. hope that helped. I also remember Bojote asking to delete lines in my fsx.cfg file: i did it.

Thanks for watching my video too! The video looked laggy there, but that's because of fraps. Normally at TNCM I'm getting around 30 fps. :) With fraps around 20, including the lag it looks even worse. Do you have any better ways of recording so this lag doesn't happen that much?Thanks!
Use Video out, HD or Digital, and feed it into another PC to record, or straight into a DVD recorder.

Very nice video! And 5 GHz? OMG, I've got mine running at only 4.5! Really happy with my performance though. But which settings do you use? 100x49? And how many Volts? I've got mine running at 100x45 and 1.35V.
1.35v is quite high for that clock (based on my own experience) i am at 4.4Ghz / 1.28v. Is that how high you had to go to get stability?regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1.35v is quite high for that clock (based on my own experience) i am at 4.4Ghz / 1.28v. Is that how high you had to go to get stability?regards,
Well, I got those settings from someone on youtube. They seem very good and I can run Prime95 for 12 hours with no errors. But what's better about running lower voltages then? What voltage do you recommend me, and what's an easy way to find out if I'm stable? Because running Prime95 for several hours again and again to find out whether you are stable or not will take a lot of time.

Very nice video. I usually like to hear the sim, but the Lenny Kravitz was pretty good!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Well, I got those settings from someone on youtube. They seem very good and I can run Prime95 for 12 hours with no errors. But what's better about running lower voltages then? What voltage do you recommend me, and what's an easy way to find out if I'm stable? Because running Prime95 for several hours again and again to find out whether you are stable or not will take a lot of time.
Believe me this Prime95 vs other methods is AN ENDLESS TALK. All over the internet you'll read some things and their exact contrary: some of them don't even know what amper or volt means and how to measure it !.My experience is: increase voltage and freq slowly..... like drivin a new car in the first 5000km. Start with a reasonably high voltage and then decrease it STEP BY STEP. and at each step watch carefully how your machine behaves. don't try to reproduce spec from someone else. We're all different .
Very nice video. I usually like to hear the sim, but the Lenny Kravitz was pretty good!
Same here ! But my wife is a crazy fan of this guy. If it was only me, i'd go for Snoop. THX for compliment ! really appreciate it and touched by the fact that most of you like it: THAT was the purpose.

I'm no expert Arjen, so i read through all the OCing guides and tutorials and the one thing they all agreed on was that you go for the lowest vcore you can get for the clock that you want. Yes it is time consuming, but basically you go for a low vcore (usually a number recommended in a guide) and then run your load tests on Prme95 (or similar). If it fails, then tweak the volts up a tad untill you are stable. Then you go fly for a few months and if no BSODS you are probably ok.Thats how i did it 5 months ago (ended up at 1.28v) and i've never had a BSOD or nasty crashes since.Why try for lowest stable voltage? The lower the voltage, the lower the temps.Edit: Or as Bakaman suggests, work your way down. Edited by wanabflyer

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for this very good video
Thanks ! but how did you see my topic, because it kinda vanished from the top ?

Anyway, very nice video :)

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Very nice video of a good landing, dude.But may I point out: no AI, no autogen, quite low IQ - no wonder you are pulling good frames! Your scenery slider also isn't on max as it appears...And, you are using zoom 1.0 in your NGX cockpit - you do know PMDG recommends using 0.6 due to correct cockpit view? Just saying... the panel view like yours is terrible for me - looks like you're gonna bite the panel any second now :( . Can't even use HGS like that.Set wideview=true in FSX.cfg, set zoom to 0.6, set seat in the correct position in the seat for the next video :)And the music... terrible :(

Edited by Kosta

Very nice video of a good landing, dude.But may I point out: no AI, no autogen, quite low IQ - no wonder you are pulling good frames! Your scenery slider also isn't on max as it appears...And, you are using zoom 1.0 in your NGX cockpit - you do know PMDG recommends using 0.6 due to correct cockpit view? Just saying... the panel view like yours is terrible for me - looks like you're gonna bite the panel any second now :( . Can't even use HGS like that.Set wideview=true in FSX.cfg, set zoom to 0.6, set seat in the correct position in the seat for the next video :)And the music... terrible :(
haha thx anyway! first of been a long time since i stopped using AI softwares. it was a flight LIVE AND DIRECT on Ivao: the region was quite calm on arrival, yes! Now on autogen etc....: for your info, all is maxed out except 3 things: autogen and the setting below/above are set to normal: if it wasn't it'd have been way different. water is 50%. and finally zoom is 0.50 (ask don't claim). you may think its 1.0 because of the way i've set the view. i just like it like that: seeing the texture over the MCP ....etc you're the ONLY ONE talking about "low IQ". anyway i love the sim with that low IQ you're talking about. LMAO

I just said what my impression was. Zoom may be 0.50, but is wideview enabled?Setting above autogen is scenery and below is special effects. Water middle also represents no waves? 1.x high or 2.x low? Performance is excellent... but it's not because of 5.0 or gtx580, but rather due to rather low fsx settings, apparently very high zoom factor (you say its 0.50, but doesn't look like it, or you don't have wideview enabled), and IQ that performs very well due to not doing very much on FSX itself - it does a bit on the model, very little on the gauges and if one zooms out, then you get a shimmering mess.And you really should get EZCA with your setup! Those harsh movements around the cockpit ruin the feeling!I'll just leave it at that. As I said, otherwise great landing!

Edited by Kosta