Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bakaman

THE NGX experience at almost 5GHZ ! "as real as it gets"

Mate that's unreal!! Did you OC through bios or some application tool from the desktop?

Very nice video! And 5 GHz? OMG, I've got mine running at only 4.5! Really happy with my performance though. But which settings do you use? 100x49? And how many Volts? I've got mine running at 100x45 and 1.35V.

Mate that's unreal!! Did you OC through bios or some application tool from the desktop?
Salut!!! so you from Brest uhh!? we're almost neighbours then, i'm in Nantes right now.Alright, lets get back to the business: Yes i did over clock through the BIOS. I saw you asked about ambient Temp. Its around 20C in my room.
FRAPS?
Affirmative. recorded while flying.

Very nice video! And 5 GHz? OMG, I've got mine running at only 4.5! Really happy with my performance though. But which settings do you use? 100x49? And how many Volts? I've got mine running at 100x45 and 1.35V.
Hi Arjen! I saw your vid of TNCM: I bet you are happy with your system, coz the vid looked great. Concerning my settings, my freq is set like this: 100x49 and a max vcore at 1,42. I've set in a way that when the cpu doesn't need much voltage, it idles itself. Max temps are right under 63C.

Nice video, shame about the music lol. I wish I hadn't watched it now because my system looks sick in comparison. :(

Salut!!! so you from Brest uhh!? we're almost neighbours then, i'm in Nantes right now.Alright, lets get back to the business: Yes i did over clock through the BIOS. I saw you asked about ambient Temp. Its around 20C in my room.Affirmative. recorded while flying.
Salut!!! Almost, yea haha, still fair distance away though. Currently I am in NL, but coming back to Brest in couple of weeks. Would like to have a chat about your system later, I'm looking to get 2500K as well soon, but only air cooled.

Salut!!! Almost, yea haha, still fair distance away though. Currently I am in NL, but coming back to Brest in couple of weeks. Would like to have a chat about your system later, I'm looking to get 2500K as well soon, but only air cooled.
Cool!, just PM me, i may have some tips for you.

Nice FPS... But honestly... No auto gen, and no AI... I could also run such fps!
Thats what i wish for you my friend. But there was auto and low traffic around. I was actually doin an online flight on IVAO. But believe me even with tons of clouds (ovc or so) plus crowded skies, I'm able to maintain the sim over the 25 bar even on Mega airports. The perfect experience for us simmers would be a clockable cpu at 6 or 7GHZ for people only flying between payware sceneries airports like me LooL . 4ghz is enough for default airports.

Awesome video! So smooth, like buttah. And a very good advertisement for FSDT KLAX, it looks truly breathtaking.

Would like to have a chat about your system later, I'm looking to get 2500K as well soon, but only air cooled.
I thnk it'd be better for your system (especially if you overclock it) to get smth like Corsair H80 or H100. Much better cooling for your CPU and not a really big fuss to install.

If you're building a new system with (extreme) overclocking in mind, the H80 or H100 is indeed a very good option. If you already have a good air cooler lying around, I wouldn't bother with the Hydra series.

Huh, sorry, dont see it. :( IMHO 1.42 is little high for 32nm... Im stopped on 1.36&4.6 after reading this thread.
Hi again! no prob here.See i have read tons of topics about this and even intel draws the line at 1,5v and as i said it im way below this. Furthermore the cpu is not constantly fed with 1,42v its just the max. average is 1,38 to 1,40v. Im not talking about the article you mentioned, but DONT TRUST all you read on forums because you'll get crazy !! LooL

If you're building a new system with (extreme) overclocking in mind, the H80 or H100 is indeed a very good option. If you already have a good air cooler lying around, I wouldn't bother with the Hydra series.
Yea I did some research before I overclocked my poor i7 950 (bit better, still not good, and wasn't a successful overclock). For that I purchased a Noctua NH-D14, which I saw great reviews on.My desktop sits in Australia, with quite hot ambient temperatures, so that doesn't exactly help as well. I assume I can get my i5 2500K (when i get it) to run 4.6GHz with that cooler if say the average ambient temperature is around 30C?