Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

J41--fabulous plane, just needs a couple of 2D popups!

It must take a lot of programming I guess. It is such a first rate plane in all ways, but pretty frustrating to have to zoom in so close to read stuff in various gauges. Any chance a few choice 2D popups might come in a SP some day? I wouldn't want a full 2D panel for sure, just would love it if when you clicked a gauge it would expand like pretty much all other nice 3rd party aircraft not only from PMDG but others. It's just a matter of practicality. I feel this is the only thing that keeps this plane from being a 10 out of 10.Thanks!Noel

Yep, as a newcomer to this bird I agree with you Noel. Somewhat sparse on the 2D pop-ups for my liking too.Do you find that the overhead can't be panned around? You can zoom in and out, but not pan to a diferant area of the overhead. I find myself zooming in the see the switches more clearly, but then loose the other areas. :( Or am I missing something?Perhaps we need to make an additional purchase, EZdoc or something.

There was a post somewhere not too a while back that allowed one to make some 2D pop-ups of the EFIS displays....i'm lookin.EDIT: Found it http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2125410Report back if it works for you.
Thanks will check that out sometime soonish . . .

guysis there a way in which the overhead panel selection can be changed to the first screen when 'A' key is pressed. at the moment it is frustrating to have to go through all the screen shots using the A key. is there a way that a shortcut can be programmed eg shift +2 tp switch views to the overhead panel?thanksMel