Sign in to follow this  
taknbyd

Wanting a jet...

I'm new to FSX.. I've been playing for only a couple of months now. I was cuious if anyone knows of any good jets to purchase. Something that has GPS. I like the Citation X, but that thing is so difficult to get up and running it's insane. Plus it has FMC and I have yet to master how to use the FMC panel.. The default learjet 45 is nice but it's crap. LoL. So I guess I was wondering if any one had any suggestions on anything that might be out there that would do well for a noob like myself. Thanks. :)

Lotus Simulations L-39 Albatros is what you want. Easy on the frames and not too hard to learn. Fantastic graphics quality. Raindrops on the canopy and ground-breaking lighting.http://www.lotussim.com/Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Lotus Simulations L-39 Albatros is what you want. Easy on the frames and not too hard to learn. Fantastic graphics quality. Raindrops on the canopy and ground-breaking lighting.http://www.lotussim.com/Cheers,Noel.
Perhaps the L-39 from Lotus Simulations? Very simple airplane with GPS, great visuals, lighting, performance, and flight dynamics.http://www.lotussim.com/
So, did you guys plan that one? Next you'll post pics with matching sweaters... Big%20Grin.gifMaybe something simpler is in order to the OP? Airbus X by Aerosoft looks nice but is systems light.http://en.shop.aeros...plier_aid=11177Work yourself up to something complex like the NGX. It's a real study sim.EDIT: The Airbus X will have a sort of module added later. Called "Airbus X Extended". Interested to see how that turns out. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Wow, I had to actually look to see if those two replies werent from the same person. LoL. Love the teasing there Zach. LoL... A buddy of mine has the Aerosoft Airbus X and it does look nice, but is there a GPS in it? I'll have to take a look at the L-39. Thanks for the suggestions! I love this forum... :)

Just took a look at the L-39, and as it is a nice jet, it's not what I was actually looking for. I'm looking for something more commercial/private based, like the learjet or citation X, but GPS based....

Try the mustang from flight one
What he said...or we have a couple of simpler jets w/out FMC :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The Cessna Mustang is indeed a great plane. Its GPS based, but it doesnt use the default GPS. It has its own rendition of the Garmin G1000, which is fairly complicated in comparison to the default gps. Its a lovely plane tho.

Edited by Sekstifire

Guest jahman

Just go for the PMDG B-747-400 and learn what flying a modern jet is all about. The advantage of the 744 is it was one of the very first jets to go ballistic on automation, so its got the essentials but not the unnecessary additional stuff of later planes that can make learning more difficult.Also the 744 is a very heavy airplane, so it's almost impervious to turbulence and therefore very easy to fly. It is also easy to flare and land. Heck, in a crosswind you can crab the bird right onto the runway and only then kick the crab out with the rudder (this is RW procedure, BTW!)The PMDG 744 is also quite devoid of bugs and CTDs, a very nicely done aircraft all-around.Plus you get the "kick" of flying a 4-engine aircraft, the Queen of the Skies, no less! Nothing like the feeling of pushing four throttles forward on take-off!As far as learning to fly the aircraft, there's an excellent and free 90 minute video tutorial by meloescher here that will cover every aspect of setting-up the FMC and aircraft, take-off, climb, cruise, descent approach and landing for a short flight from Amsterdam to Milan. Then if you repeat what you see in the video, you too will be able to fly the 744 from Amsterdam to Milan!Cheers,- jahman.

I've been playing for only a couple of months now. I was cuious if anyone knows of any good jets to purchase.
I think thats the shortest time I've seen someone go from brand new to payware. I have a freeware Citation X by a guy named Alejandro Rojas: http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Alejandro+Rojas&categoryId= fourth one down, excellent model, FMC is very light. AP is also light. PMDG 744 is an excellent way to start getting really into "by the book" simming, and worth every cent.I don't have either L-39 or F1 Mustang. but the Airbus X is an interesting plane.

I think thats the shortest time I've seen someone go from brand new to payware.
Sad to say I have A.D.D. and I get bored with the same aircraft over and over again... I do like the sounds of the 744 and having the look and feel of using four engines. It will make use of my second Saitek Throttle Quadrant. LoL.

I have to say, the PMDG 737 is about as easy to navigate as can be. The beauty of all that automation is...well... Its automatic! Descent planning for example, is one of the harder aspects of jet flying. The NGX literally does it for you.Regards,George

I was cuious if anyone knows of any good jets to purchase. Something that has GPS.
The CJ1+ Version 1 from Eaglesoft is perfect for what you say you are looking for. It uses the same GPS as most of the default planes, is easy to fly, is moderatly fast, and lands slow. I have all the other planes mentioned here, and the CJ is still my #1 favorite. Edited by PIC007

Jay

The CJ1+ Version 1 from Eaglesoft is perfect for what you say you are looking for. It uses the same GPS...
Our thanks Jay but one correction if we may.The Cessna CJ1 v1.0 is the actual designation with GPS Navigation as opposed to the Cessna CJ1+ v2.0 which contains a Fully Functional Universal UNS FMS. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png