Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

Caravan cockpit sounds gauge

Either I did something wrong, or there might be a slight error in directions, no sounds.I tried again...nodda. Must be me...thick in the noggin.

Edited by dusty_sourdough

Hi TomThanks for the Sound gauge works great. (I had to use the last sound gauge Doug made for FSX )Paul

Paul EGLD

Hi Paul, yes I've notice in some cases the previous version won't work (although does work for me).Doug's latest version is DSD_FSX_XML_SOUND.ZIPBest regards,Tom

TomThanks a lot. This is absolute brilliant. Make a huge difference and the cockpit is all coming alive.I appreciate it very much and thanks for sharing.RegardsJB

I have updated the sounds to include some other sounds.Awaiting some feedback from Tom.maybe we can have an "upgrade" to include some more sounds that was ommited in initial release.

"If you are using GCCB.CAB, which is inside FSX GAUGES folder, you must decab this file into a GCCB folder (you've probably done this if you installed the modified DRAG gauge)"OK how do you decab this ? I have never moified DRAG gauges. I can open the cab file by double click and it looks like a folder but I cant insert any files. Also you wrote to "Make a copy of DSD_XML_SOUND3.GAU and rename it as C208B_sound.gau" I assume we put the renamed copy into the gauge folder too correct ?

"If you are using GCCB.CAB, which is inside FSX GAUGES folder, you must decab this file into a GCCB folder (you've probably done this if you installed the modified DRAG gauge)" OK how do you decab this ? I have never moified DRAG gauges. I can open the cab file by double click and it looks like a folder but I cant insert any files.
If you have WinRar or Winzip, directly doing a right click and selecting "Extract to folder ...GCCB".Otherwise, just double click on the cab to open it, select all the files, right click and shows "EXTRACT..." where you select the destination folder (you must create GCCB folder inside GAUGES if it is not present yet).
Also you wrote to "Make a copy of DSD_XML_SOUND3.GAU and rename it as C208B_sound.gau" I assume we put the renamed copy into the gauge folder too correct ?
The renamed copy goes inside GAUGES folder, NOT in GCCB folder.Tom