Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Any Good Payware Private Jets out there

Okay so since I started my PPL training at John Wayne Airport, Orange County I've started becoming fascinated in all these private jets sitting on the ramps. Because OC (50 mins south of LA) has so many rich, and I guess celebs living here there are many private jets like cessnas, gulfstreams, bombardiers and I wanted to know if there are any good paywares out there?Thanks a lot!

The Flight 1 Cessna Mustang and a lovely selection of biz jets from Eaglesoft like the Cessna Citation X etc should be a good starting point. I am sure others will pip in and give you some more fine examples of payware for FSX.Craig

Edited by ckukmale

Unfortunately this is an area that hasn't really been tapped by developers...As mentioned the C510 is excellent, ES C750 is good. I personally fly PMDG's NGX like a BBJ. What we really need is a good Hawker, Falcon, or Global jet...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest jahman
What we really need is a good Hawker, Falcon, or Global jet...
What we really need is the G650! :Big Grin:Cheers, jahman.

Flight1 Mustang will hammer your framerates. I've removed mine and got a refund.Try the FREEWARE Dassault Falcon 50 available at most sim download sites. Flight dynamics by Rob Young of RealAirSimulations. Fantastic aeroplane.

Flight1 Mustang will hammer your framerates. I've removed mine and got a refund.
Depends on your system, of course, and the Mustang runs perfectly on my i5 2500K - based system. It's a wonderful addon as is the Eaglesoft Citation X v2.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Flight1 Mustang will hammer your framerates. I've removed mine and got a refund.
Eventhough the F1 Mustang is complex and FPS intensive - your personal system is the key here. Would hate to see the OP miss out on one of the BEST business jets available out of fear. If you're not sure, you can always take advantage of the 30 day offer like SQUAWKIDENT.If the Mustang is not your cup o' tea, then the best option is to browse the Corporate Aviation catalogue at http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/ All shapes and sizes from the Premier 1 to the Citation X, 30 day refund offer and active support forums for each aircraft.

WAT1460.png

I would like to have a falcon 900EX. My cousin fly one in new jersey for a private company.The one he fly uses the same avionics the 787 uses, this is the HUD his aircraft uses. http://www.rockwellcollins.com/sitecore/content/Data/Products/Displays/Head-Up_Displays-HUD/Head-up_Guidance_System.aspx170.jpgfalcon900ex_easy_1003b_1173999450_2180555.jpg

Edited by beoingrocks

I would agree with what most have said.......... the Flight 1 Mustang is very pretty and flies well if you can put up with the poor frame rates - you certainly pay for how nice it looks, but it does look nice.The Eaglesoft Citation X v2 is not quite as good graphically, but is a lot more framerate friendly and a lot faster / longer range, although it uses a FMS for Navigation. Eaglesoft also have the CJ1+ v2 which looks pretty nice as well (although I do not have it).Personally I would not recommend the older Eaglesoft offerings, since the systems in those are much more limited (and the graphics much more dated), although since all the Eaglesoft AND Flight1 products can be returned for a refund within 30 days I would recommend that you have a good look at anything that really takes your fancy.For me (and 6 months ago I would not believe I would be saying this) the ultimate in private jets has to be the NGX (at the moment with a BBJ livery until they finally release the BBJ add-on). Unfortunately PMDG do not offer the refund option, but it is fantastic (if a lot more complex than the rest !!).... ..... Finally (in all fairness) iFly do the BBJ in their 737 package, which does have the refund option since it is sold through Flight1 (I don't have it, but reading between the lines it is very good but not quite up to the PMDG)....G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

What also should be mentioned, is that the Flight1 Mustang includes an excellent simulationof the Garmin G1000 avionics suite. If that is something you would like to learn to use,that is a real bonus IMHO..

Bert

Depends on your system, of course, and the Mustang runs perfectly on my i5 2500K - based system. It's a wonderful addon as is the Eaglesoft Citation X v2.
It probably also depends on your definition of "perfect." It ran abysmally on my i7 2600 3.4Ghz. Where I normally would get 60+ FPS I got 17-22 in the Mustang. That was in a rural area with clear skies; I didn't even bother to try it at a major hub with the weather turned on. As others have said, it looks gorgeous and the G1000 is great, but what good is it if the performance is so poor? It'd be nice if Flight1 would make a "lite" version for those of us without liquid hydrogen CPU coolers. Edited by Wing

Your FMS is using GPS...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Flight1 Mustang doesn't utilize the Garmin 500 (or even the imitation G1000) that the default FSX aircraft employ...rather, the Mustang's GPS is a high fidelity model (but not an exact replica) of a Garmin 1000....leagues beyond what's default in FSX.As regards framerates, I stand by my earlier stated experience: the Mustang runs very well on my system. But I realize that it's hopeless to compare my experience with anyone else's due to the large number of variables that affect framerate. On my rig, I've got MyTraffic 5.4 with commercial and GA traffic at 30-35%, autogen and scenery complexity at high and dense, REX Overdrive, GEX, and UTX installed, and AA at 8xSQ.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png