Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Okay folks, get a grip time is upon us

Someone once said, "Whenever you assume something, it makes a 'donkey's posterior' out of you and me."Speculation and assumption over the last two years was part of creating this rift... personally, I lay the blame atthe "know it all's" who spread misinformation, spun every snippet of news and video, and vociferously defendedevery innuendo as if it were the Gospel. Flight Beta was released, the "poison dwarfs" were proven wrong, and they turnedtheir dissatisfaction, anger and embarrassment outward towards those who happened to like Flight... exactly what is happening now.To the Rumor Mill... you prophesied, and were proven wrong. Now, live with the result of your actions, grow up, and move on!(and you know who you are, too.) :(

Edited by ViperPilot

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Having every thread in this forum get poisoned and then dominated by a handful of vitriolic haters, most of whom have never seen Flight, has gotten old. You can go into the settings and hide posts by obnoxious members to protect yourself from the initial blast but there is no way to protect yourself from all the fallout.

And... chopping MS off at the knees based upon your CONJECTURE ain't cool either.
No need... Microsoft chopped their own knees off by themselves. Just saying.

Having every thread in this forum get poisoned and then dominated by a handful of vitriolic haters, most of whom have never seen Flight, has gotten old. You can go into the settings and hide posts by obnoxious members to protect yourself from the initial blast but there is no way to protect yourself from all the fallout.
I see far more vitriol from posts like this than the posts you seem to be targeting.

Flight Beta was released, the "poison dwarfs" were proven wrong. . . ....To the Rumor Mill... you prophesied, and were proven wrong.
Proven wrong in what way?My predictions--namely, that MS would try to expand its market by appealing to the less serious general simming community--were confirmed. The focus, I imagined, would be on creating more of a sensory focused simuation. One that is designed to simulate the EXPERIENCE of flight rather than its technical aspects. And, that's what they've done. That's not to say MS made a bad business decision. I'm a capitalist at heart, and I fully endorse (from a business perspective) MS's new strategy in leveraging the Windows Live platform and DLC to create a generally accessible simulation--which, not coincidentally, will produce a nice stream of recurring revenue. But, that's separate from my disappointment about the franchise. Edited by Lawyer+Pilot

This is the FLIGHT forum not the 2004 or FSX.
Exactly, so your post #11 should go to the outer-marker.

Trevor,With regards to the speculation about Microsoft's corporate motives you are quite correct; those were pretty close to what actually transpired.What I was referring to in my above post had to do with the technical aspects of Flight; the continual arguments about DX10 vs DX9, attacking someone'scomputer knowledge and financial status over comments made about subtle differences in autogen between FSX and Flight based on screenshots...mostly conversations that started out very benign and descended into insults and outright name calling from one member vs. another.Look... I know this is a passionate and polarizing topic. It has a lot of folks up in arms. Folks just need to be patient and see how all of this is going to play out.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I see far more vitriol from posts like this than the posts you seem to be targeting.
Fair enough...I guess. However you don't see me taking my opinion about this issue and using it like a sledgehammer in other threads which is what some of the Flight haters are doing.

Fair enough...I guess. However you don't see me taking my opinion about this issue and using it like a sledgehammer in other threads which is what some of the Flight haters are doing.
See you did it again....I think "Flight Haters" may be a bit strong. Many of us actually do get a good chuckle at the folly of the whole thing. It is quite funny really. Our source of anger is not a member of this forum.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Not really if its used against everyone who says something negative about Flight.

Flight haters is quite fitting IMO.
I resent that categorization, from you and everyone else who has been using it to lump everyone with a critical eye into a pariah group that should be muzzled and banned from this forum.A lot of people have made valid points when criticizing Flight for various reasons. Since you are the latest one to step up and label some posters as "haters", I will put it to you that if there were no nonsense posts in favor of Flight (posts that cannot be discussed because the information is from the beta, or is simply wishful thinking), there would not be any posts in this forum.If you are so much in favor of Flight, then discuss its merits on what is publicly available to everyone. No one is going to jump on you if you decide to admit that you would love to collect aerocaches or fly through hoops or fly low and enjoy the scenery.I predict that when the game is officially out and everyone can freely speak their minds, the discussion will be a lot different, because there will be facts for everyone to see. Right now, the evangelists have some advantage of being "in the know", even though some negative comments come from the very same beta testing group, but these people are shut up, ignored and talked down to.So, kindly post something about Flight that we can discuss based on facts or accept the criticism that might come your way.

I resent that categorization,
I don't recall putting you in any category but I'm sorry if my post offended you.

We need to get a group of talented devs to create an FSX service pack. I know that their are enough smart minds out there to tackle a feat as such.I mean if you really look at it, we have Shader model 3 implemented.... I am sure that with some creative thinking and some hardwork, a few around here could really bring some awesome modifications to our ever-dated simulator.

Not really if its used against everyone who says something negative about Flight.
I agree and that wasn't my intention. I have quite a few negative things to say about Flight myself, as well as some positive, and will when the time comes.