Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Okay folks, get a grip time is upon us

Guest BlueRidgeDx
Hi Gundamnitpete, I am Ramon, from that other site we can't talk about.Thanks.
Welcome, Ramon. I hope you enjoy your stay here.Don't let "pete" fool you into believing that everyone here is as obnoxious as he thinks. He has quite the habit of intentionally stirring the pot.

Welcome, Ramon. I hope you enjoy your stay here.Don't let "pete" fool you into believing that everyone here is as obnoxious as he thinks. He has quite the habit of intentionally stirring the pot.
i stir no pots, thank you.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Are you saying that "Welcoming" a new member by telling him that he needs a shield from the flames, AFTER you warned him on another forum that Avsim is an "overflowing toilet", and AFTER you said that posting inflammatory things here is "fun", isn't stirring the pot?It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You're so bent on making us out to be bad guys, that you invite the very bahavior you rail against.

Are you saying that "Welcoming" a new member by telling him that he needs a shield from the flames, AFTER you warned him on another forum that Avsim is an "overflowing toilet", and AFTER you said that posting inflammatory things here is "fun", isn't stirring the pot?It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You're so bent on making us out to be bad guys, that you invite the very bahavior you rail against.
No, the picture was clearly a joke, and i've taken a firm stance that there are a few rotten eggs who spoil this forum. I do think they need to be "flushed" or atleast "cleaned slightly", so that relevent discussion can continue.I never said posting inflammatory things here is fun. i said posting here is fun, becuase it's an active forum.Respectfully,I stir no pots, sir.Please stop misqouting me, and posting mean things about me. I really don't appreciate it.....

Guest BlueRidgeDx

It's a little too late to turn on the charm.Where did I misquote you, again? The "fun" thing?So to recap:1) On another forum, you said that "Avsim is a toilet with a broken handle...filled to the brim with the stuff that toilets hold".2) I asked you why you post here if you feel that way.3) You said, "...it's fun"Where did I go wrong?By the bye, Go ahead and hit that "report" button. I know it makes people uncomfortable when two adults have a gentlemanly disagreement, so let's make sure it gets shutdown post haste.

Nick, your commentary has already caused one thread to be locked today. Just a friendly heads up. Baiting folks is not a way to endear yourself at AVSIM.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's a little too late to turn on the charm.Where did I misquote you, again? The "fun" thing?So to recap:1) On another forum, you said that "Avsim is a toilet with a broken handle...filled to the brim with the stuff that toilets hold".2) I asked you why you post here if you feel that way.3) You said, "...it's fun"Where did I go wrong?By the bye,Go ahead and hit that "report" button. I know it makes people uncomfortable when two adults have a gentlemanly disagreement, so let's make sure it gets shutdown post haste.
You just keep misqouting me. I'll say it all again:No, the picture was clearly a joke, and i've taken a firm stance that there are a few rotten eggs who spoil this forum. I do think they need to be "flushed" or atleast "cleaned slightly", so that relevent discussion can continue.I never said posting inflammatory things here is fun. i said posting here is fun, becuase it's an active forum.Respectfully,I stir no pots, sir.Please stop misqouting me, and posting mean things about me. I really don't appreciate it..... Also, please stop trying to bait me, or taunt me. I really really don't appreciate that.

Gentlemen, I suggest you hash it over PM rather than a public thread. Just my .02, because if it continues this perfectly good thread is going to spoil and get locked as well. Thank you for your consideration.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

It's okay guys, I'm outta here. The troll wins again...For those keeping score, it's easy to do:1) Act surprised2) Deny, deny, deny3) Counter accuse (hit that "Report" button!)4) Demand an apology

It's okay guys, I'm outta here. The troll wins again...
This is very unfortunate. Thanks for your support, it was appreciated.

1. Just for the record, the subject in question attacked another member in the other locked thread.
  2. I hit the Report button, not the person attacked.

Fr. Bill    

1. Just for the record, the subject in question attacked another member in the other locked thread.
  2. I hit the Report button, not the person attacked.

Well, that just makes it worse.

Well, that just makes it worse.
Why, for doing my job? In what way is that "worse?"While I'm not a global moderator, I still remain a moderator here at AVSIM. The rules here at AVSIM are simple:
  1. Attack an idea - Okay!
  2. Attack a person - Not okay!

Fr. Bill    

Well, the whole thing started with Arwen jumping on my post for the 120 kt post and thenGundamnitpete attacked me in this post:http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2259783and then again in this one:http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2259811and this one:http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2259819All the while Arwen was pressing me to "prove" that I am a beta tester in this post:http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2259868And then BlueRidgeDx wrote a perfectly normal post. Because Gundamnitpete didn't get a rise out of me, he jumped on the posts by BlueRidgeDx and started to sass him.This elicited the only post from BlueRidgeDx that could be even remotely called an attack, which had the phrase "integrity deficiency". You have said worse things to me in this forum, so has Arwen, who basically accused me of being a liar, just because she cannot bully me into revealing my Live ID.So, for this minor infraction, you report him? I understand the thread being closed, but even that was not yet necessary. If anyone should have been given a warning, imho, it is Gundamnitpete.It is your selective reporting/moderating that made this worse, in my view.