Sign in to follow this  
Bondi

Unable to stay on route with LNAV

I'm flying the NGX since release, but since SPb nearly every flight I face difficulties following the planned route with CMD in LNAV-VNAV mode. First I thought its the sick S turns, but AS2012 and FSUIPC are set up mentioned so many times already, and still my 800 and even the 600 can't stay on route. They start turning , sometimes even the BANK ANGLE warning can be heard, lots ofl times I gave time to recover, but they just loose the route totally. Even switching to heading mode didnt help. Its like my Autopilot has gone crazy. I have to manually fly the bird back to ther right direction, but after couple NMs, it can happen again. I didnt see any specific reason, even at very light winds it happens, I had it with crosswind, tailwind and even headwind. I had a clean reinstall with SPb, and I fly the MAlev 800 and 600.If anyone has an idea, its more than appreciated...

Edited by Bondi

H

I'm flying the NGX since release, but since SPb nearly every flight I face difficulties following the planned route with CMD in LNAV-VNAV mode. First I thought its the sick S turns, but AS2012 and FSUIPC are set up mentioned so many times already, and still my 800 and even the 600 can't stay on route. They start turning , sometimes even the BANK ANGLE warning can be heard, lots ofl times I gave time to recover, but they just loose the route totally. Even switching to heading mode didnt help. Its like my Autopilot has gone crazy. I have to manually fly the bird back to ther right direction, but after couple NMs, it can happen again. I didnt see any specific reason, even at very light winds it happens, I had it with crosswind, tailwind and even headwind. I had a clean reinstall with SPb, and I fly the MAlev 800 and 600.If anyone has an idea, its more than appreciated...
Hi have you found a solution for your problems? Becuase I have the same issue. Thx

Does it occur with weather deactivated?I only had this issue once, and using REX.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Looks like it was controller related, I had to recalibrate my CH yoke. Thanks anyway.

Recalibrating your CH yoke has nothing to do with autopilot. This is still and issue that lots of us are having. The air craft wanders and zig zags across the flight route with LNAV engaged.-Chris Bass

Edited by cbass230

Chris, turn off your weather (clear weather option) and see if it still zig zags. Then get a copy of registered FSUIPC and use the weather smoothing feature. Not a complete cure but one of the best solutions out there to the miserable MSFS weather engine.

Dan Downs KCRP

Check to see in register (two places in Win7 x64 Os)[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0]In my case: SetupPath=E:\Flight Simulator X\SetupPath for FSX should end with a \ in both places.I had problem with this a time ago, landing a little to right when following LOC, after changing this, no problem. rolleyes.gif
Edited by Bakern

Recalibrating your CH yoke has nothing to do with autopilot. This is still and issue that lots of us are having. The air craft wanders and zig zags across the flight route with LNAV engaged.-Chris Bass
It does if the yoke was overpowering the AP and disconnecting it. If recalibrating the yoke solved his problem then you can be almost certain that it was his issue.

It does if the yoke was overpowering the AP and disconnecting it. If recalibrating the yoke solved his problem then you can be almost certain that it was his issue.
I suppose that's not the case. Had the same bug few times and think it's not related to yoke. The airplane starts turning without disconecting A/P. CMD with LNAV/VNAV armed all the time. It also happened after clearing weather.

1- there is an automatic fix for the FSX registry, google will help you as it helped me, as I really don't like going to the registry2- as said, it might be controller issue. When it happens, close your weather soft and your controller. I myseld had the problem and it helped me finding the origin. It was a switch of my X52 that was slightly turned.

disable accufeel for this plane. I did and it flies like a dream.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen