Sign in to follow this  
trevorbee

So much to do

To make FLIGHT the simulator of choice.It looks like FLIGHT will be good news for those of us who like the slow and low stuff. But what does it need to become to get everyone to leave the legacy sims behind? I would suggest the following:

1. Lots of high detail areas ideal for GA flying (outside of Hawaii).
  2. Lots of high detail small and large airports (outside of Hawaii).
  3. Airport operations, AI vehicles, AI passengers.
  4. Detailed aircraft, GA, helicopter and jetliner, at least equal to anything currently available for FSX.
  5. An improved ATC.
  6. An improved AI
  7. Real time weather.
  8. Road traffic.
  9. Rail traffic.
  10. Sims within Sims. Merge land based transport with air transport. Airport operations, Flight operations etc.

What have I missed?How long would it take?What wouldl be the cost?

What have I missed?
Hello11. Third party developers

Agreed with all of the above, even just an open world, SDK and the improved code of Flight and I'd be as happy as a clam.

Yeah I am waiting for whole Finland to be modeled with as high detail for Flight as our third party devs have given me free for FS9 and FSX. Anyway I think that good price to expect for whole Earth modeled with detail of Hawaii would few thousands of dollars, and maybe 10 years of time. Probably Flight will be nice GA sim, but I doubt that it has future as jetliner simulation if MS Flight team is not planning to model most of the world.

Yeah I am waiting for whole Finland to be modeled with as high detail for Flight as our third party devs have given me free for FS9 and FSX. Anyway I think that good price to expect for whole Earth modeled with detail of Hawaii would few thousands of dollars, and maybe 10 years of time. Probably Flight will be nice GA sim, but I doubt that it has future as jetliner simulation if MS Flight team is not planning to model most of the world.
Ok - seeing you mentioned it. Who here would pay $2000 for the whole world modelled in high quality?I, for one, would. It's a lot of money, but my total FSX payware expenditure must be more than halfway there.I bought some railsim game (trainworks 3 maybe - haven't played it since i worked out steering is modeled) at christmas. One option was to buy a 'download all DLC ever made' pack, which from memory is about $300 plus. So a large (maybe not whole world, but large) scale scenery in high detail is certainly possible.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

11. Third party developers
I feel that it's only a mater of economics if an addon producer feels that it could earn some money by releasing a DLC we will start to see some additions from them. Of course freeware could be dead in flight.

Guest jahman
Who here would pay $2000 for the whole world modelled in high quality?
I would.
I feel that it's only a mater of economics if an addon producer feels that it could earn some money by releasing a DLC we will start to see some additions from them
Provided of course the 3PD can reach an agreement with MS. There is no evidence of that so far.
Of course freeware could be dead in flight
There will be no freeware for Flight because MS will not release the necessary SDK.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Ok - seeing you mentioned it. Who here would pay $2000 for the whole world modelled in high quality?
In a heartbeat if it was the quality and fidelity of Hawaii all over. I have already paid many times more than that in scenery add on's over the years.

ill pay the 2000$ for the rest of the world and as far as a SDK , so far its not public yet but that does not mean i or anyone outside of MS can say IT WILL NEVER HAPPEND.

In a heartbeat if it was the quality and fidelity of Hawaii all over. I have already paid many times more than that in scenery add on's over the years.
Maxter i feel your pain i had a fair chunk of money on FSX . so ill do it all over again like i had before with previews versions .... Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Gazooks...many times over? That makes me feel better. Thought it was just me that bought too much payware.Normally when these discussions happen everyone says - 'it'll never happen, that would cost...500 hundred dollars.' (say it with your doctor evil voice, that will work better).But software is just as important as hardware, and many will happily spend (many) thousands on that. Listen up microsoft, you have a solid thread worth of release customers for your Flight World DLC pack!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

But software is just as important as hardware, and many will happily spend (many) thousands on that. Listen up microsoft, you have a solid thread worth of release customers for your Flight World DLC pack!
I think MS is well aware of how much money the hard-core group is willing to spend (wink).

Guest jahman
as far as a SDK , so far its not public yet but that does not mean i or anyone outside of MS can say IT WILL NEVER HAPPEND.
Can't say FSXI, FSXII and FSXIII will never happen either.Back to reality, in the Flight model MS will be the sole provider of DLC. And this means no SDK will be released to the public.
I think MS is well aware of how much money the hard-core group is willing to spend (wink).
But only on add-ons for a simulator that meets serious-simmer needs.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Listen up microsoft, you have a solid thread worth of release customers for your Flight World DLC pack!
OZ just from feedback alone they already know what we are looking for, its all up to MS to do it and for the looks i feel something good its already there .I think they just want to wait and see how the first release goes . I also think that at the begining of beta MS was thinking more than a few of the people that try to get in were going to be new users.but it did not turn out that way and that to me it was a good thing so that from the get go they could understand what some of us wanted this time around . Once again its all up to MS now.When you get the initial release of Flight on the 29 just by looking at some of things that are already there you would be able to tell they have some more coming our way .. Edited by rtodepart

But only on add-ons for a simulator that meets serious-simmer needs.
But of course. I didn't mean to imply that MS would ever release anything but more coins to collect, I'm just saying they are *aware* that many *would* spend $2,000 on scenery. Obviously Flight will never have that nor will it have anything other than coins and some weak GA planes and they will stick to the $15 DLC model of toys and stuff.

Obviously Flight will never have that nor will it have anything other than coins and some weak GA planes and they will stick to the $15 DLC model of toys and stuff.
i wont be so sure about that .

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.