Sign in to follow this  
rs651

MS admits loyal FS fan can jump off a bridge

U FLY-ITVery cool. I want it. I don't remember this at all and I was about that age in the 1970's-ed
I would have gone crazy for something like that when I was a kid. :)

Flight may be a fun diversion for some. Not really my cup of tea, but Ill wait until the final version to decied if I want to invest in any DLC.If flight bombs, there is always this...

Rob
Looks kinda like FLIGHT! YAY! :(

Well the good news is that apparently there are a million of us. I thought the last count put us "hard-core" flight simmers at below 100,000.
Avsim's got around 100,000 members. I'm sure there's a lot of flightsimmers who are not members here (not that they shouldn't be). I always argue we're bigger than we think we are - just look at the number of stores and payware 3pd supporting flightsim.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

They shelf the sim because they're not interested in aviation.The million dollar question is why MS thinks that folks not interest in aviation will be interested in Flight.Cheers,- jahman.
BINGO! Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I haven't seen any concerted efforts by MS to market the game via television, web, print or other medium
Dig's absolutely right, they've spent the last 2 years promoting it to the wrong crowd. If they wanted to go after the casual gamer you would have seen a lot more written about it on the usual game sites months in advance.

BINGO!
Absolutely. Anyway we have X plane 10 and FSX, I am planning to use them at least next 6 years.

Avsim's got around 100,000 members. I'm sure there's a lot of flightsimmers who are not members here (not that they shouldn't be). I always argue we're bigger than we think we are - just look at the number of stores and payware 3pd supporting flightsim.
I know around 20 simmers personally. All fly FSX default with no addons, and they never visit any flightsim websites. One flies online... Just an observation. Edited by simmerhead

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Weird. I dont know any flight simmers personally in real life, but only two I have randomly found outside FS community and have talked a lot with both use addons with FS9/FSX.

U FLY-ITVery cool. I want it. I don't remember this at all and I was about that age in the 1970's-ed
We had a U FLY-IT back in the 70s. It was a lot of fun, but there were two versions - the yoke version you see in the video and a joystick version. I remember that it came with a lubricant that you used on the guideline. If your plane seemed to lack a bit of airspeed, you'd get the lubricant out.Times change and with that so do our expectations (massively). But I am sincere in saying that the U FLY-IT, and the Vertibird if anyone remembers that - were almost as exciting and absorbing in their own unique way as flight simming is today.

Edited by JonP01

and the Vertibird if anyone remembers that - were just almost as exciting and absorbing in their own unique way as flight simming is today.
Vertibird - Oh goodness - my favorite toy as a kid. We had one where there was a large ship attached ahead of the controls with a helipad for virtual ocean rescues - hated getting hit by the blade, but it was worth it :)Found it:
Edited by Rush1169

Vertibird - Oh goodness - my favorite toy as a kid. We had one where there was a large ship attached ahead of the controls with a helipad for virtual ocean rescues - hated getting hit by the blade, but it was worth it :)Found it:

Wow. I did not know you could get the ship. I actually wore the motor out in the Vertibird, which is a possible explanation as to why i can fly around Hawaii in a flying car and not get bored!

Maybe as a change from shooting everything that moves ?They think they will be able to land in Steve McGarret's back garden ?Who knows how these guys think !! :(
:(

They shelf the sim because they're not interested in aviation.The million dollar question is why MS thinks that folks not interest in aviation will be interested in Flight.Cheers,- jahman.
an easy solution to this question would be to add aerial combat to the game

-Raymond W

PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - ASUS B550M-K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz - MSI 3070 TI Gaming X Trio

Guest jahman
an easy solution to this question would be to add aerial combat to the game
Yes, that's a good idea!Cheers,- jahman.

"Q [ It seems like the tradeoff you made - building richer, smaller locales to explore in the game - is the loss of the full, open world that could be explored in "Flight Simulator"?A: The bet we've made is that to the non-hardcore simmer, flying the whole world isn't as interesting when there's nothing really interesting to see or do. I do get that for some segment of the audience that was one of the values - I can fly anywhere, into any airport, 25,000-odd airports was crazy".
The fatal flaw in that assumption is that the vast majority of casual simmers (and also many hard core simmers) actually only fly in their own corner of the world wherever that may be.Having one's "backyard" represented in a sim has always been part of the attraction with a world wide sim!How many casual simmers have HLN as ther "home" airport? Edited by JoeD

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.