Sign in to follow this  
rs651

MS admits loyal FS fan can jump off a bridge

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2017460350_qa_microsoft_flight_boss_on.html"Q: It seems like the tradeoff you made - building richer, smaller locales to explore in the game - is the loss of the full, open world that could be explored in "Flight Simulator"?A: The bet we've made is that to the non-hardcore simmer, flying the whole world isn't as interesting when there's nothing really interesting to see or do. I do get that for some segment of the audience that was one of the values - I can fly anywhere, into any airport, 25,000-odd airports was crazy.But I think as you try to broaden and you want to bring in not the next million or two but the next 20 million or 30 million people, you say I will err on the side of more interesting area that's dense than the same amount of content spread all over the globe. There's a lot to do in Hawaii, and Hawaii is gorgeous."So basically screw us million loyal flight sim fan cause their are 20 million more with cash. Sorry but this is flawed judgement, the casual gamer is not going to pay for this, they are just not and the hard-core simmers have already run for the exits. My blood is once again boiling over this interview - I really hope MS does a crash and burn on this one for the good of all us prior faithfull customers. Edited by rs651

But I think as you try to broaden and you want to bring in not the next million or two but the next 20 million or 30 million people
Well the good news is that apparently there are a million of us. I thought the last count put us "hard-core" flight simmers at below 100,000.

Daniel Miller

Sorry but this is flawed judgement, the casual gamer is not going to pay for this, they are just not and the hard-core simmers have already run for the exits. My blood is once again boiling over this interview - I really hope MS does a crash and burn on this one for the good of all us prior faithfull customers.
they arent going to pay for it cause they don't have to pay for it. It's free.

Well the good news is that apparently there are a million of us. I thought the last count put us "hard-core" flight simmers at below 100,000.
last count is accurate .. less than 100k of us enthusiasts. The bulk of the MSFS sales are to folks that flight around for a few minutes/hours and then shelf the sim. The sim is often bought as a birthday, Christmas, fathers day gift, etc.

Guest jahman
The bulk of the MSFS sales are to folks that flight around for a few minutes/hours and then shelf the sim.
They shelf the sim because they're not interested in aviation.The million dollar question is why MS thinks that folks not interest in aviation will be interested in Flight.Cheers,- jahman.

They shelf the sim because they're not interested in aviation.The million dollar question is why MS thinks that folks not interest in aviation will be interested in Flight.Cheers,- jahman.
I haven't quite figured out why the average joe would care at all about a flying game...

Maybe as a change from shooting everything that moves ?They think they will be able to land in Steve McGarret's back garden ?Who knows how these guys think !! :(

Plus, how will the public find out about Flight? I haven't seen any concerted efforts by MS to market the game via television, web, print or other medium (all cost prohibitive especially for a free game). I really think they have their heads in the cloud and think that simply by maintaining a Facebook page-- that there will be some sort of wildfire started and that the people will flock to download the game. I mean, Howard says he expects to have what... 20 million users and that it could be more popular than Gears of War. MS better get cracking!!!

Guest jahman
Plus, how will the public find out about Flight? I haven't seen any concerted efforts by MS to market the game via television, web, print or other medium (all cost prohibitive especially for a free game).
To be fair, the game hasn't been released yet. Perhaps starting Feb 29th?Cheers,- jahman.

Flight may be a fun diversion for some. Not really my cup of tea, but Ill wait until the final version to decied if I want to invest in any DLC.If flight bombs, there is always this...

Rob

If they make Ferrari and detailed roads for Flight then I could buy it and drive around Hawaii, and when I get tired I could just drive to nearest airport and pick up carplane to fly. I think that Flight has nice potential if they add some this kind of features too. Its not going to be new FSX or anything like that of course, when I want to fly jets and such seriously I would pick FSX or X plane 10.

Guest dreckman
If flight bombs, there is always this...
U FLY-ITVery cool. I want it. I don't remember this at all and I was about that age in the 1970's-ed

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.