Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Trees on asphalt?

Why are there trees in my airport asphalt? I'm parked at ELLX and I see this....Also, you can see the weather I have right now, I use activesky 6.5. The weather in the picture looks great, fun to fly in. However when I takeoff, after about 400ft it just goes clear blue in an instance and if you look outside there are no clouds or mist. Why does this happen? car.png

Edited by haztronic

Is this default Microsoft scenery? If yes,(and I'm supposing,it is) then you have a simple and very nice solution -> download and install ELLX scenery for FSX, first link I found by google: http://www.flightsim...me=fsxellx1.zipHave you read the METAR report that produces your weather display? If report only had fog and visibility in that fog was >400ft and that can easily be, then your resulting display is somehow logical, even if not realistic.

Edited by adr179

Thanks for the response! Here's the METARWind: 220 True, 6 KtsVis: 2495 Meters, 2 SMClouds: 100 BrokenPrecip: Light RainTemp: 3C Dew: 3C

Was that broken 100 layer of clouds there or not?

If your mesh resolution is set higher than the scenery, this can happen.. try 38m

Bert

Whats the problem, seems the greenies have gone to far. Now we cant chop down trees on runways. I guess trees are more important then peoples safety.

Could be Ground Environment X's socalled autogen "fix". The symptoms are identical. I would recommend not using Ground Environment X. There's apparently an option not to use the autogen "fix" tho