Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

Norwegian Air Shuttle Livery Bundle

Great airline, I've flown with them a few times and one of the only few I know who give you free WiFi on board.

I have included airline option files for each aircraft

Me likey like, thanks!

yeEIP.gif

Regards

Billy Lundin

Hello fellow 737NGX pilots,

I am glad to announce that I have just released version 3 of my Norwegian Air Shuttle repaints for the PMDG 737-800NGX WL. Don't expect a major visual change from version 3 but lots of tiny little details you'll probably spot at a second or third glance. Therefore you finally get the Irish registered aircraft, the latest additions (EI-FHL, EI-FHM) to the fleet and updated aircraft specific settings.

As of today the package includes more than 90 different liveries. Unfortunately LN-NOC, LN-NOP and LN-NOQ are no longer part of Norwegian's fleet and I made the decision to reflect this change as well. All liveries have been created from scratch again, looking at the latest photos on the web in order to reflect little details, i. e. different stickers, outlines of replaced eyebrow windows (LN-NOM, LN-NON), updated markings on the wing and much more.

Download and Installation:

You can download the latest ptp-files for each livery from the following link:

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

Make sure that you uninstall older versions of my Norwegian Air Shuttle repaints first before installing the newer versions. I have made major changes to the texture assignment of each aircraft which might result in conflicts, if you don't remove the older textures first.

It's mandatory to install PMDG_737NGX_800WL_NAX.PTP – being the base texture – again. Else other Norwegian 737NGX repaints you plan to install won't show correctly in the sim. Again texture fallbacks were used to reduce the file size of the complete fleet package (at the moment it's about 4 GB uncompressed).

Check the README PDF-document for further information.

Troubleshooting:

With Flight Simulator X:Steam Edition (and probably PREPAR3D) there's seem to be an issue with the proper installation of the aircraft specific settings. If you have got problems or you want to be on the safe side, you can download the settings separately here:

AIRCRAFT SPECIFIC SETTINGS

Simply copy/move these files to your <flight simulator>\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft\ directory and overwrite any previous files when prompted.

If you find any erroneous textures, problems or you got any other questions regarding this package, feel free to drop me a personal message, a post in this thread or contact me vial e-mail.

Acknowledgements:

Special thanks go to (in no particular order) Ådne S. and Mikael L. who took the time to export the repaints as ptp files, had a closer look at a few erroneous items and spent hours to track down some major troubles during the export process. Thanks for your kind help and hardworking guys! Also thank you Christian K., you offered your help but your hands were tied to a certain degree. Without you guys this project wouldn't have crossed the finishing line today.

Enjoy your flights!

Amazing Christian. More than 90 different liveries is monumental. Thanks a lot for your hard work in recreating NAX, and also for the rest of your repaints in the Avsim library.

Amazing work Christian thank you very much. One little thing as I just posted on a topic, NOR SHUTTLE should be the callsign name or else the voicepack does not recognize NORSHUTTLE without the space.

Also I have never seen the 3 mile range ring in any pictures or videos of the flight deck, I of course could be wrong but I do not believe this is an option they have setup?

And does the OP Center decide the other entries in the config? Example using parking code GATE only, not GATE,RAMP, and inserting NAX as the code. I can do this manually if possible

Anyone familiar with NAX operations? IE What kind of flap setting do they prefer for landing and takeoff? What are their usual loads for the main flights? Who does ground handling for them especially at other mains tations like EGKK? THank you

David Lee

Suberb, thanks! Been looking for more NAX liveries and here they are. 

By the way - do any of you happen to know where I can find NAX liveries for the 600/700 NG?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Also I have never seen the 3 mile range ring in any pictures or videos of the flight deck, I of course could be wrong but I do not believe this is an option they have setup?

Seems to be there: https://youtu.be/KZWMIzViRww?t=5m34s

Some other useful information in the preview, too.

Seems to be there: https://youtu.be/KZWMIzViRww?t=5m34s

Some other useful information in the preview, too.

Not sure why I don't see that in airliners.net pictures.

shouldn't it display on the ground?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Norwegian-Air-Shuttle/Boeing-737-86N/2304573/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Norwegian-Air-Shuttle/Boeing-737-8JP/2166351/L/

few more things, some repaints in the package have lbs rather than kgs set and I have not heard any video where the 2500 callout is played, only from 1000 and below.

-David Lee

I haven't flow the NG in a while but it may not show because of the TCAS being switched off while on blocks.

It's very hard to get the configuration completely right since it is subject to change in the real world, and there may actually be several slightly different configs across the fleet (through buying used frames, etc.).

For what it's worth, this is what I took as a note for NAX (source is a different youtube video):

V1 Callout

"20 500"

"1000"

"500"

"400"

"300"

"200"

"100"

"50"

"40"

"30"

"20"

"10"

"APPR MINIMUMS"

"MINIMUMS"

Thanks a lot for all the comments. It's good to see that those liveries still fond some recipients.

Amazing work Christian thank you very much. One little thing as I just posted on a topic, NOR SHUTTLE should be the callsign name or else the voicepack does not recognize NORSHUTTLE without the space.

And does the OP Center decide the other entries in the config? Example using parking code GATE only, not GATE,RAMP, and inserting NAX as the code. I can do this manually if possible

Anyone familiar with NAX operations? IE What kind of flap setting do they prefer for landing and takeoff? What are their usual loads for the main flights? Who does ground handling for them especially at other mains tations like EGKK? THank you

David Lee

I wasn't aware about the NOR SHUTTLE callsign. Since this change would require re-exporting all 92 liveries we have to do without it. But you can fix this on your own. Just open the aircraft.cfg with a text editor and replace NORSHUTTLE with NOR SHUTTLE.

Some of Norwegian's aircraft do have the 3nm range ring, at least that is what the manuals state. I created specific aircraft settings for each registration as per the info in the manuals. The only limits/differences are options or combinations PMDG doesn't model.

I haven't altered any of the GATE etc. settings and I doubt you can do this with the Operations Center.

Prefered flaps setting by Norwegian is 5. But this might differ from airport, runway and other conditions. Menzies does the ground handling in Oslo for Norwegian, Aviator in London Gatwick. The equipment decals of the LN and EI registered do reflect this. So much on having a close look at details?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Norwegian-Air-Shuttle/Boeing-737-86N/2304573/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Norwegian-Air-Shuttle/Boeing-737-8JP/2166351/L/

few more things, some repaints in the package have lbs rather than kgs set and I have not heard any video where the 2500 callout is played, only from 1000 and below.

-David Lee

All Norwegian aircraft should be set to the metric units. If you encouter an aircraft showing lbs, the aircraft specific settings haven't installed correctly (see my notes in my previous post in order to fix this) or the ptp-file doesn't include a setting (again: see notes). It would help me if you could be more precise which aircaft (registration) shows lbs. This way I can have a closer look at it. But I am not going to check 92 textures for this. Only LN-NIB has got an 2500ft callout, all others don't.