Sign in to follow this  
kelvinr

arghh - again

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ee18efcException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0005b0b0Faulting process id: 0x1390Faulting application start time: 0x01ccf6abfafdb037Faulting application path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 66ce0883-629f-11e1-b40e-50e549e34c56This is killing me!

Just out of my own curiosity, do you get this crash after switching views a lot during a flight? I have noticed a way higher than normal amount of various -ntll.dllG3d.dll and ngx.dll's since I got GSX from FSDT. Ever since GSX I have been all over the camera views to see all the goings on with the ground service. In my opinion, too many view cycles really messes with FSX and causes Fatal Errors. If I stay in VC view, I can fly all day with no problems at all.

Just out of my own curiosity, do you get this crash after switching views a lot during a flight? I have noticed a way higher than normal amount of various -ntll.dllG3d.dll and ngx.dll's since I got GSX from FSDT. Ever since GSX I have been all over the camera views to see all the goings on with the ground service. In my opinion, too many view cycles really messes with FSX and causes Fatal Errors. If I stay in VC view, I can fly all day with no problems at all.
I've been noticing this too since i purchased GSX, I find myself switching views like a madman and as a result i've been having a few more ctd's than normal.

Chris Howard

This is going to sound stupid but I know why it crashed and this might help others.I was thinking what am I not looking at, what am I missing? and, I looked right in front of me...My gear was down when the flight loaded, absolutely nothing else had changed, as i'm monitoring every change i make. So, yes, my gear was down loading into the flight. i use Precision Flight Controls so i went gear up and loaded the sim. It loaded and started to initialize. I went out of the sim put the gear down and loaded up again and wham! DLL crash! So if you have controllers and have the gear down while loading the flight or perhaps even controlls in a non standard configuration when loading the flight try to check you controls before loading the flight.Simple as that for me. I just can't believe it was so simple.

Ever since I switched to DX10, I've had zero CTD's, mostly the crash errors when quitting FSX.Also, switching from windowed to fullscreen in DX10 is smooth...no more 'hanging'.

Ever since I switched to DX10, I've had zero CTD's, mostly the crash errors when quitting FSX.Also, switching from windowed to fullscreen in DX10 is smooth...no more 'hanging'.
Do you get all that flickering when in DX10?

Chris Howard

Do you get all that flickering when in DX10?
Not all airports have the flickering.And the ones that do where I fly the most can be fixed using methods from here -> http://forums1.avsim.net/topic/267998-dx10-runwaytaxiway-flickering-fix/page__hl__flickerThe fix must be done per airport. Still, it's better then no fix. And in DX10, I get an increase of 25+ frames.

Wow...That's a massive increase i might try it out.One last question, do addons like the NGX, Aerosoft airports, AS20212, run well in DX10?

Chris Howard

Are you talking about enabling the 'Direct X 10 Preview' in FSX ?I remember that someone at PMDG (Ryan I believe) said this was not worth it, and it would cause problems. If you are getting that kind of extra frames and less 'hanging' I might have to try it out.

Are you talking about enabling the 'Direct X 10 Preview' in FSX ?I remember that someone at PMDG (Ryan I believe) said this was not worth it, and it would cause problems. If you are getting that kind of extra frames and less 'hanging' I might have to try it out.
I would love to hear the verdict on this. Thanks . . .

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Wow...That's a massive increase i might try it out.One last question, do addons like the NGX, Aerosoft airports, AS20212, run well in DX10?
NGX runs great. I don't own anything from Aerosoft, but I have KORD from FSDreamteam and KSFO from Flightbeam. Both run fine, but at night there are a couple missing textures. I submitted a support ticket to Flightbeam and while in development they said DX10 would cause no issues, now they tell me that at night some of their lights textures aren't compatible for now.For the increase in frames I get, I can live with it and just not fly to these airports at night.I don't have AS2012, but I do have Active Sky Evolution running on a networked laptop. Zero issues.
I would love to hear the verdict on this. Thanks . . .
Maybe that was true for Ryan, it's not true for my system. DX10 is entirely dependent on the hardware configuration. For me, it works much much better then DX9.Also, running fullscreen provides even more FPS then running in windowed mode...for me.It's also easier to read text. The fonts and letters are sharper and crisper...not fuzzy like they were when I was using DX9.Everyone will have different results. For me, it's clear.Try it out and see for yourself.Just one other thing, if you use NVidia Inspector, it won't work with DX10. You have to enable AA within the FSX options and choose Anisotropic filtering. Edited by trip7cap

Just one other thing, if you use NVidia Inspector, it won't work with DX10. You have to enable AA within the FSX options and choose Anisotropic filtering.
Nvidia inspector will not work at all with DX10 or just the AA won't work ? I am really liking the new inspector and it's internal frame limiter. So I would hate to do away with it.

Nvidia inspector will not work at all with DX10 or just the AA won't work ? I am really liking the new inspector and it's internal frame limiter. So I would hate to do away with it.
I know the AA doesn't work. Don't know about the internal frame rate limiter.You'll have to experiment.

As far as I know, it's the lack of AA that gives the framerate boost in DX10 Preview.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

This is going to sound stupid but I know why it crashed and this might help others.I was thinking what am I not looking at, what am I missing? and, I looked right in front of me...My gear was down when the flight loaded, absolutely nothing else had changed, as i'm monitoring every change i make. So, yes, my gear was down loading into the flight. i use Precision Flight Controls so i went gear up and loaded the sim. It loaded and started to initialize. I went out of the sim put the gear down and loaded up again and wham! DLL crash! So if you have controllers and have the gear down while loading the flight or perhaps even controlls in a non standard configuration when loading the flight try to check you controls before loading the flight.Simple as that for me. I just can't believe it was so simple.
Ok this is probably a clue as to what's causing these CTDs... thanks for the detective work on this. Will discuss with the team.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com