Sign in to follow this  
fbass

What a joke

Tierborn,What exactly is your point and how does it advance the flow of information in this discussion. If you read all the posts here I think there is room for people who also had problems with this software. Perhaps they don't have the exact same issue but no software is perfect. I was just trying to get to the bottom of my issue - THAT IS ALL.UPDATE:I looked at the AA settings in my NVidia control panel. AA was set to be controlled by the application. AA Gama Correction was on so I tried to turn it off. That did not change the situation.fb
my point is .. you are blaming the software, basically calling it faulty. How can the software run on so many systems and also be called faulty.

If you are a hardcore simmer ,dont waste your time trying to install MS Flight.It doesnt worth it.
If you are a hardcore simmer, install MS Flight and find out how really hardcore you are while doing some of the landing missions... :wink:

Hi there !Your problem was mentioned very recently in the beta forum.[Q] " I just downloading the new game, before that I verified that all the old files and folders for flight were deleted. When it finished downloading I clicked play and I just got a black screen when I clicked it took me to the main menu.... Weird...."[A] " We ran into this during final testing. It seems to be a timing issue, and seemed to happen most often if you had a slow computer andor many screens. "Fred.
weird. I had the same on a quite capable system which I would not call slow. And I use only 1 screen.multiple downloads actually cured the problem (so far), had to download the basepack some 14 times to get a running version installed. just now I cannot get the expansion pack installed which I bought :Cry: Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Tierborn,Appearantly it doesn't run on every system. Posts here indicate that fact. Every PC is different - some very complicated and some not.Let's not beat the dead horse. It doesn't run on my system and I'm not about to jump through hoops for a program that is just slightly above arcade-level software. If you like that sort of thing then you're good. If you like flying, you won't. Operating an aircraft properly is why they call it "flight simulator." FLIGHT is not about simulation - it is more about site seeing. Operating an aircraft on the ground, getting off of the ground, flying around, and getting back safely is not an arcade experience. Flying requires technical expertise and experience.So, before this thread digresses into the ugly, let's quit while we're ahead. I'm moving on. Besides I have my head buried in the technical manuals for the 737NGX.Thanks to everyone who participated.Frank

Guest russellbdavis

And I do think initially, you do have to have an internet connection to complete the installation.

Edited by russellbdavis

For what it's worth, I was a beta tester as well.My system is similar your yours Frank. Windows 7 ultimate. 64 bit. 12 Gbyte ram and a 580GTX graphics card with 3head2Go - 3x24' monitors.I haven’t had the black screen occur on my system.Edit for spelling.

Edited by Lars Peter Hammer

fbassAnother factor - the beta forum is still running and some beta testers still frequent the place - me too, for instance. I didn't have any troubles installing the beta, either on my 6 year old AMD FX62 running Win7 64 bit, nor on my Intel I3 Win7 32 bit laptop.When I downloaded and installed the release version I did have problems on my new PC - Intel I7 3930K Sandybridge. OK, I had a different problem, but what I am coming to is the fact that MS staffers are aware of the install problems because testers are still hard at work giving feedback.A little patience might be necessary, but MS is working on it.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Judging from the forums/feedback i suspect this is a good, stable piece of software that works well on most people's systems. Compare the number of tech issues rasied here with the multitude of tech problems in the NGX forums after release (and that's an addon I consider well coded, and a masterpiece to boot).Not sure the random Flight sledging in the thread really adds much to the discussion. If you don't like it there are plenty of other sim choices around right now.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

think its the video failing to load properly, normally i have to hit space or click or whatever to get passed a black screen. but today the video played and no clicking required (except to skip the thing)