Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

Contacting ground crew

Well, I'm sitting at KORD having trouble contacting the ground crew for pushback. I've tried both the SVC and FLT interphones as noted in the FS2CREW manual, and S.CREW/ENG START is depicted on the MAIN panel. All flows and checklists have been completed prior to this point as listed in the Flows and Checklists.What am I overlooking? Thanks!

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Well, I'm sitting at KORD having trouble contacting the ground crew for pushback. I've tried both the SVC and FLT interphones as noted in the FS2CREW manual, and S.CREW/ENG START is depicted on the MAIN panel. All flows and checklists have been completed prior to this point as listed in the Flows and Checklists.What am I overlooking? Thanks!
Hi Wayne,What mode are you in? Make sure you're in 'S.Crew Eng Start'Do you see the phrase in the Green Bar?Cheers,

Yep...as stated above, that's what I'm seeing, but no green bar unless I speak.I have GSX installed...could there be a conflict regarding pushback??

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Nope, some on our beta team used GSX. No problems with it.If you say "Cockpit to Ground", do you see that exact correct phrase in the 'green bar'. It needs to be the exact phrase.Take a look at the Start Crew phrases section in the on-line manual to ensure that nothing is being missed.For Audio Control Panel, just press in the FLT mic button as a test... forget the SVC and the Service Interphone switch for now since it's the most complex of the two options.Failing that, private message me and I'll look at it via a remote desktop so I can see how you have it all setup.Cheers,

Thanks, Byran, and I do see that exact phrase, "Cockpit to Ground" in the green bar. I also tried both the SVC and FLT phones to no avail as yet.I'm in the air now, having used PMDG's own FMC-based pushback function to bypass this issue. All else is working beautifully. I'll try again on another flight later today and report back in this thread...it's probably user error!This is very cool...you can click the attendant button on the overhead to call up the FS2Crew FA panel and order coffee? Oh, if only it wasn't virtual coffee.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Waye,Glad you're liking it!I just tried to reproduce your Ground Crew issue and I can't. It works fine for me.I said "Cockpit to Ground"... that showed up in the Green bar... and the Start Crew Replied back and said "Go Head".This is how I have it set up:audio.JPG

User error it was...I was trying to contact the ground crew via the AFT OVERHEAD comms panel (next to the service interphone switch) rather than the captain's comms panel on the center pedestal. Duh, and thanks for the assistance!So far, lovin' it 100%. Great job, Bryan.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

User error it was...I was trying to contact the ground crew via the AFT OVERHEAD comms panel (next to the service interphone switch) rather than the captain's comms panel on the center pedestal. Duh, and thanks for the assistance!So far, lovin' it 100%. Great job, Bryan.
Glad you got it sorted! You had me scratching my head there.But it's working now so that's all that counts.Cheers,

Thanks, Byran, and I do see that exact phrase, "Cockpit to Ground" in the green bar. I also tried both the SVC and FLT phones to no avail as yet.I'm in the air now, having used PMDG's own FMC-based pushback function to bypass this issue. All else is working beautifully. I'll try again on another flight later today and report back in this thread...it's probably user error!This is very cool...you can click the attendant button on the overhead to call up the FS2Crew FA panel and order coffee? Oh, if only it wasn't virtual coffee.
You misspelled "SCREWING START"! :) It's funny what a passing glance will show you.

i was able to get to the go ahead and still could get it to respond after that. The green bar was reflecting exactly wat i say but the crew didnt respond after that. I also use GSX.

I have it set up properly, i say "cockpit to ground" they dont reply, if i say "ground from cockpit" i get the reply "go ahead"I then say "we are ready for pushback and engine start" and i dont get a reply

I have it set up properly, i say "cockpit to ground" they dont reply, if i say "ground from cockpit" i get the reply "go ahead"I then say "we are ready for pushback and engine start" and i dont get a reply
Hi Josh,Did you run the speech training ?

Hi Josh,Did you run the speech training ?
Yes, the green box comes up with right saying, i just dont get a replyWhile I was going through the flows I clicked the CFG panel and changed the pushback distance and which way the tail went.Would that cause the problem?Do you have to set up all the pushback aspects at the very start?

Yes, the green box comes up with right saying, i just dont get a reply
Ensure Hard mute and soft mute are not on and alsotry recalibrating your mic again. Did fsx ask you if you can trust the NGX gauges ?