Sign in to follow this  

So you think 20 bucks is too much for the adventure pack...?

Would you kindly post a link to where he said there was going to be third party? What I read was that in a couple of years they MIGHT consider INVESTING on bringing more people IN. I read that as bringing more people into the MS fold, not anything close to an SDK.
Look here ("So I look forward to reengaging with them.") :http://www.mcvuk.com...t-flight/091961Guy

Look here ("So I look forward to reengaging with them.") :http://www.mcvuk.com...t-flight/091961Guy
Thanks for the link. I really don't think that "reengaging" means SDK or independent addons. In the previous paragraph he says:"I completely believe that this ecosystem will come to be even larger than the existing product’s ecosystem. And that will be a point where I can’t possibly meet the appetite of a customer base, and I will invest to bring more people in."Once again doesn't look like SDK to me. I think they already are behind the curve as far as meeting the appetite of the customer base, and could use some development help ASAP.

Once again doesn't look like SDK to me. I think they already are behind the curve as far as meeting the appetite of the customer base, and could use some development help ASAP.
And by that statement of bringing more people in, rather than employing more for the Flight team, could also as well mean contracting out with other 3PD's to help develop the DLC that the demand is there for - I mean this has already been done to some extent with the current product. It is just those 3PD's are not allowed to discuss due to NDA, and MS is not going to heavily advertise that fact...So while yes, MS making the decision to not release the SDK for 3PD's to use to create and offer addons for Flight has been a criticism of the direction they took, I think folks should try to understand that does not necessarily mean the 3PD's are out of the picture - at least the way we experienced users would have liked to have seen - just a different approach that is viable for the 3PD's willing to work under those terms... and MS certainly has a vast array of really good 3PD's to work with should they choose, to help them catch up on that curve...