Sign in to follow this  

So you think 20 bucks is too much for the adventure pack...?

However, no AI traffic or moving ground trucks and therin lies the frustration for me with Flight.
I'm kind of glad all this isn't in Flight. Blasmehmy? Well, here's why: In FSX I normally fly GA aircraft off the beaten routes, and seldom ever see AI aircraft, even with the traffic sliders set about half. I depart and land at uncontrolled airports and there's no ground traffic. Unless I'm flying near a major highway, there's no ground traffic, although I enjoy watching it when I'm flying up the road at an altitude of 100 feet in a helo. I enjoy boat traffic on lakes, but don't miss it in Flight. Because I fly uncontrolled airports, I do not miss ATC at all. If I want to complete the experience, I can pick up a deck of cards (for example, or whatever else is handy at the time) and announce my intentions into it. "Clear of the active." That's even better than what I can do in FSX.Now, $20 for an adventure pack being too much...If it were JUST the other islands with their landing strips it would probably be worth $20. But you get a lot of additional content. The missions are worth more than $20 alone. The RV is probably worth $20 by itself. $20 is a steal.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I'm kind of glad all this isn't in Flight. Blasmehmy? Well, here's why: In FSX I normally fly GA aircraft off the beaten routes, and seldom ever see AI aircraft, even with the traffic sliders set about half. I depart and land at uncontrolled airports and there's no ground traffic. Unless I'm flying near a major highway, there's no ground traffic, although I enjoy watching it when I'm flying up the road at an altitude of 100 feet in a helo. I enjoy boat traffic on lakes, but don't miss it in Flight. Because I fly uncontrolled airports, I do not miss ATC at all. If I want to complete the experience, I can pick up a deck of cards (for example, or whatever else is handy at the time) and announce my intentions into it. "Clear of the active." That's even better than what I can do in FSX.Now, $20 for an adventure pack being too much...If it were JUST the other islands with their landing strips it would probably be worth $20. But you get a lot of additional content. The missions are worth more than $20 alone. The RV is probably worth $20 by itself. $20 is a steal.Hook
My objection at this time is that the technical flight community seems unaware that these very features are what tends to chase away the newbies. Before the new persons interest can even solidify, they are presented with a bewildering alphabet soup of sophisticated instruments far beyond their experience, and faced with all of that, the vast majority turn away, completely intimidated.Its beef and potatoes for the hard core, but would probably doom flight (as it has many simulators) to a small niche before it even has a chance. I have no problem with all the greatest toys being included at some point, but agree with Microsoft's apparent decision to stay away from much of that for now, until enough newcomers get up to speed.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Consider the 20$ the original purchase of Flight. Something must be really wrong with Flight however because I haven't had a CTD since I started flying it! LOLCheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I think is was well worth the money and I never have money(needs job asap) lol. One thing I wish it would have had included was a cargo plane over the RV becuase I cant afford 15.99 for that one plane. I know a lot of you FSX players out there will say thats not that bad of a price for one plane but im not a hardcore fan of flight sims. At least not yet so maybe after a few months I think otherwise about the price of planes being that much. Coming from gamers that dont have much flight sim experince will look at that price and say wow one plane for that. For example there is DLC addons for Fallout 3/new Vegas. To a average gamer you get enw weapons,missions/levels,ect for 15.99 or so. This game you get a single plane for that price. Just gotta get our brain wrapped around it first I guess but that price will scare some people off when I thought they were trying to expand and get more gamers into it. then again maybe those single expensive planes were meant for the hardcore fans.i do hope they lower the prices after a year or so like a lot of DLC for games do.

Im really happy with how much detail such a small team was able to put into Hawaii. Thats the benefit of releasing small DLC area's vs an entire globe. With the globe model, you would need a massive (150+) team just to add a little detail into each major city. If I recall, every major city only got on average 3 unique buildings or so (some more, some less). If you flew around in a specific area, you generally would buy the 3rd party add-on for that area, and whatever airports. Not many people fly default FSX!!! With this, the default scenery is almost as good as the 3rd party, and there is not as big of a need to replace it anymore. Yes, you DONT get the "entire world", but look at the alternative. A lack-luster world with no landmarks (XP10) or a default world that you quickly replace (FSX). Plus with the DLC driven system, you (hopefully) get continued support on the core sim.It will be interesting to see what MS does with this.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

One thing I wish it would have had included was a cargo plane over the RV becuase I cant afford 15.99 for that one plane.
Keep in mind that you not only get a single plane that's actually pretty nice, you get access to all the missions that use it. These include cargo, both clandestine and normal, including live animals, they include the medical flights, and they include passenger flights. There's actually quite a bit of content for the price you pay for that aircraft.Hook

Larry Hookins

I didnt know that. I thought it was just passenger flights and delivering cargo suppies. I will have to get this now.
They're mostly just a variation on a single mission: take this (whatever it is) from your departure to your destination. Sound effects vary... some conversation if you're carrying passengers, a bit of coughing and sneezing from the patient on the medical flight, great sound effects from the animals (especially if you fly a little rough :D ). Clandestine flights require you to take a non-direct route and fly low to avoid the patrol planes trying to find and intercept you. You'll have to manage fuel very carefully because half the flights will have you overloaded, even with barely enough fuel to get to your destination. You may have to just pass up some flights as they put you too much overweight.For what it's worth, the clandestine cargo missions are worth a LOT of experience points. Especially if you fly at night, which I usually do, with all my lights off and the panel lights dimmed. Avoid controlled airports at all costs.I'm assuming these flights are all listed on the job board even if you don't have the Maule... just as a way of advertising the aircraft and encouraging you to buy it. As far as I remember, the only "missions" that involve the Maule are landing missions, although there are lots of jobs (on the job board) that require the Maule.Hook

Larry Hookins

And a few from my PHNL...moving gates....moving traffic....parking spaces...and spectacular....opps this is FSX.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

And a few from my PHNL...moving gates....moving traffic....parking spaces...and spectacular....opps this is FSX.
touche +100 :smile:

Is this FSDT Honolulu? Nice indeed! Flight definitely needs a lot more vehicles to fill in those empty parking spaces. :Drooling: Just one thing though, if you just look at the terminal building itself and compare the two, I have the impression that the Flight version has a lot more polygons and thus details. For example, in http://www.swe-gamin...03/111313_5.jpg, notice how the roof is not so flat.

hey SIB can you land on top of those parking lots and walk your way down to the street?

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Looks fantastic! How much did that slide-show cost you? ;)

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Looks fantastic! How much did that slide-show cost you? ;)
Twenty bucks says it was more than twenty bucks... ; )