Sign in to follow this  

So you think 20 bucks is too much for the adventure pack...?

After flying above Hawaii every day since the release of MS Flight, I keep on discovering new things and I keep on being amazed about HOW MUCH the adventure pack offers for just 20 bucks... There are still people who say 20 dollars is too much for the adventure pack...Now let's forget about the RV6 (which might have cost 20 bucks on its own), but lets focus on ONE airport... Only ONE. Take Honolulu. Ok, it's one of the bigger airports, but really... how much do you think this airport ALONE would have cost you in FSX? And (quite important) how do you think a similar detailed airport would PERFORM in FSX...? Well...?I think that a similar airport in FSX would cost you somewhere between 25 to 35 dollars. And that's with crappy performance included... A lot of people would have gladly paid 40 dollars for such an airport in FSX if it would have similar performance! Well, ok, the ground textures aren't high res, so let's say it would have cost 20 dollars for FSX... Here are some screenshots. Imho when you look at this, you could say this airport alone is worth the 20 dollars for the adventure pack and that makes ALL the rest of Hawaii and the RV6 a free bonus. :wink:(Screenshots posted as links because this is not the screenshot forum and because they are full size 1080i.)http://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2012-03/111312_1.jpghttp://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2012-03/111313_5.jpghttp://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2012-03/111313_2.jpghttp://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2012-03/111313_6.jpghttp://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2012-03/111314_3.jpghttp://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2012-03/111314_7.jpghttp://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2012-03/111313_4.jpghttp://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2012-03/111314_8.jpg

$20 was a steal.. I feel I pretty much made my money back already. 41hours of flight time in 2 weeks.. I have $60 video games with 5 hours played that I've owned for a year or more and will probably never touch again.e0412217.jpgThe DLC is more than reasonably priced..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

:unknw: ...im not seeing anything worth posting about..no offence, it aint that good.Anyway, all the horn blowing your doing for microsoft is giving me a headache, ill leave you to it. :hi:

I think the Hawaii pack was priced about right. I've paid a lot more and got a lot less from expansion packs for other games. I'm very anti Microsoft so I don't think I could be classified as a ###### but I think they did a good job on this one.

I agree with you, Jeroen, the airports and scenery in general are very detailed and realistic. Good job and worth the money.Funny, with no slew, you have to fly around and take screenshots from wing view. :lol:Best regards.Luis

Nice screenshots Jeroen,Thanks for taking the time to upload and share them here.I am with you, 20 bucks for the Hawaii Adventure Pack was money well spent.I flew around that area yesterday in the Hawaii Photo Mission , and enjoyed it immensely. What was amazing also, I thought ok if I am going to see degredation in my peformance, I will see it now - never came!

I have no experience with MS FSX but as a avid gamer for over 10 years I have paid a lot of money for games and dlc.This game so far has cost me very little[ Maule and Adventure pack purchased] for the amount of time and enjoyment I have gottenand will get out of it.I can't wait for the next dlc.Thanks, Harold [bloefield]

I have no experience with MS FSX but as a avid gamer for over 10 years I have paid a lot of money for games and dlc.This game so far has cost me very little[ Maule and Adventure pack purchased] for the amount of time and enjoyment I have gottenand will get out of it.I can't wait for the next dlc.Thanks, Harold [bloefield]
This is one thing I find very exciting about Flight, there seems to be a lot of new blood getting into flight simming from this release, some even becoming more interested in FSX as well - this is a very good thing for the Flight Sim community, whether you are a casual gamer, medium level flight simmer, or truly hard core flight sim enthusiast - new blood is always needed to keep a narrowly defined community such as ours thriving.And welcome to the forums Harold!

:unknw: ...im not seeing anything worth posting about..no offence, it aint that good.Anyway, all the horn blowing your doing for microsoft is giving me a headache, ill leave you to it. :hi:
spook do you have it installed???if NO what are you doing here in the Flight forum..If yes then it can't be that bad other wise you would have uninstalled it.what i'm trying to say is,I'm not a lover of Xplane,so i don't go into there forumsnow i use both FSX and FLIGHT.won't stop using my NGX and all the scenery i own.PMDG,UTX,GEX,FSDT,REX,FSC and loads of other stuff.steve-0

spook do you have it installed???if NO what are you doing here in the Flight forum..If yes then it can't be that bad other wise you would have uninstalled it.what i'm trying to say is,I'm not a lover of Xplane,so i don't go into there forumsnow i use both FSX and FLIGHT.won't stop using my NGX and all the scenery i own.PMDG,UTX,GEX,FSDT,REX,FSC and loads of other stuff.steve-0
Same here Steve, I love my FSX with my addons and will continue to fly it, whilst also I love and enjoy MS Flight as well. I view it as a win-win for me. Flight is certainly not for everyone, much like FSX is certainly not for everyone, from where I sit though more and more flight simmers are coming to the same conclusion.

I think MS is around the right price point. The amount of content, and additional A/C is qutie a bargin. I think if they stay around the same for DLC, Flight will do quite will.

Nice shots man. What do you use for screen shots?No ground traffic, no ATC, no AI, I don't care!Love it.

I also have tons of things invested in FSXIts just that since flight, My fsx usage has tailed off a lot (as in nearly zero)It just seems comparatively to be a chore (like loading a game from a tape drive after you have been exposed to a floppy)I am hoping I will get over my FSX ennui.In the meantime, the adventure pack price seems fine to me.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

How dare you disagree!!!
hi jasonnot sure if that was aimed at me.can you clarify your post a bit.It wasn't the first part, it was the second bit i didn't like..."Anyway, all the horn blowing your doing for microsoft is giving me a headache, ill leave you to it. "just because he likes FLIGHT..no other reason.steve--0