Sign in to follow this  
propkop2k2

FSearthTiles Updated Version

I use FSET like this in batch mode :

FSEarthTiles.exe --north 43 18 00 N --west 005 21 00 E --south 43 17 00 N --east 005 22 00 E --zoom -1 --snap Off --fetch --compile

Tried your's out.

Compiled with no errors, on an XP Virtual machine.

Only thing I can suggest is to try it on another machine, or a VM if you don't have another one.

Regards,

Guys, this is interesting.  Is there a way to use this code to exclude the photoreal tiles immediately under the airplane so that the non-photoreal shows through?  The reason I ask is, while I like photoreal, I hate to land and takeoff in photoreal...far too barren.  If the tile(s) around my airplane were turned off while I was below...say...2000 ft, then I'd get the benefit of both autogen and photoreal.  I know there's a company that does this with their own photoreal but their tiles are very low resolution.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You could always copy the agn files from layers below the photoreal layer and paste them into your directory containing your photoreal files.

Here is a discussion on another forum that seems interesting. They are creating custom autogen files from the original images downloaded with FSET.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426256

Tried your's out.

Compiled with no errors, on an XP Virtual machine.

Only thing I can suggest is to try it on another machine, or a VM if you don't have another one.

Regards,

I tried on another XP computer without problem.

I try to use it on a virtual machine with a fresh installation (only .net 3.5 framework) and I have the same effect

I will try with only the .net 2 framework tomorrow.

idem with .net 2 framework, on a fresh XP install.

Very surprising.

Not sure what idem means.

Been ill so haven't checked the forums for a while.

I tried on another XP computer without problem.

You said you tried it on another machine and it worked.

I have tried numerous ways to replicate the error you mention. No matter what I do it always works. I even tried running multiple instances at the same time, worked with no errors.

You said you suspect it was caused by the customizedprocessscript file. Can I assume that you have modified yours in some way. The default file is just full of empty routines, it doesn't do anything.

I need more info if I am to replicate the error.

I have not modify the script (I also tried with the latest version 1.0.3).

For the moment I manage to avoid the problem.

I have developped a soft to launch FSET with my parameters (geo point) and kill the process at the end for launching the next FSET command. By this way I can create a large photo area easily.

I 've also developped a little program to create a batch file that allows to cover a large area without the problem of memory of FSET (in high resolution mode). It creates small area of 1' by 1' between the 2 points of the bounding area.

I love this update version of FSET. However, I am unable to get g****e.com to work correctly. I have tried to change the service coding to xyz, and using a khms URL but it doesn't work (I get maps in FSET preview screen but they are corrupted, ex.-I get a piece of Antarctica in the middle of Africa, etc.) Can anyone send me a PM of their settings? I tried the settings on page 2, but they don't work.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Hi everybody

Great program that v1.03!

Do you have more information about using curve parameters? I'd like to get more water transparency with command WaterTwo in order to keep more of the underlying image.

Do you know which parameters in FSEarthMasks.ini I have to modify and in which direction?

Thanks to you

JpP

Guest IZ0JUB

HELP PLEASE.......

I have just discovered FS Earth Tiles software version 1.03 which works extremely well with Bing Maps.

BUT and there is always a but, for the life of me I cannot get Google to work. This is how my ini file is configured for the two services I would like to use.....

[service1] #Bing Maps
ServiceName = Bing
ServiceCodeing   = 0123 
UserAgent = Mozilla/5.0
ServerVariations = khms0,khms1

I have spent many hours searching for information on web pages, tried all the recommended codes, but it doesn't want to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards, Michael.