Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Some thoughts: Airbus Starvation

Only thing not working on the overhead is the fire handles, but that has already been completed on the advanced.
So does that mean the ADIRS is fully working in the basic edition? Including a realistic alignment time and the need to align it pre-flight? I think I read somewhere that this feature was removed also. I have to admit that I'm seriously considering buying the basic edition. I always wanted to wait for the advanced, especially since there is no upgrade option later - which is just sad in my opinion. My guess is that there are a lot of people that would buy the Airsimmer right now if there was an upgrade option. If, yes IF, there will be an advanced version in the future you will have to pay twice...that's just bad business practice to be honest. But I guess you don't have a choice if you want a decent Airbus.

I have to say that it's soo crowded when it comes to Airbus :biggrin:Anyway, I'm really looking foward to the AS advanced version but god knows when it will be out so I wanna ask some questions about the Basic version-Does it have save panel state (status) ?-Does it calculates V1/V2/VR?-Does it have TCAS or weather radar?-Does it auto-loads flightplans from Fs2004 or 3rd addons such as FSBuild?-Is it heavy on frames?I know I know 30 days refund but yeah just curious and to be sure before buying something :(

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I will quickly answer these questions then back out of these threads as I have a commercial tag and don't want to sound like a sales rep.It has 3 independent inertial reference systems that feed data to the captain and first officers side independently like the real aircraft. You can switch between the 3. It also has three air data computers, and simulate IRS drift with GPS DME updating.Basic only has fast align, calculates v speeds although I recommend using TOPCAT, full TCAS, no weather radar (you can't get realistic weather radar on any addon)Frames are down to your machine, flightplans are entered through the airways/via page, no loading of flight plans. The longest flight I have done is around 5 hours when I created a video for the advanced a few months back, it took me 3 minutes to program the route. Any question then it's best to ask over on the AS forums :) Regards

Rob Prest

The longest flight I have done is around 5 hours when I created a video for the advanced a few months back....
++ $89.95Can't wait. Thank's for your information, I really appreciate it.Regards

I have to say I've been following Airsimmer's development for a few years now and finally decided to purchase it a couple of days ago.Being aware of several comments regarding CTD issues and other instability problems, I took note of the purchase date and set a reminder 30 days after so that I could activate Flight1 return process.I have now deleted that reminder.Airsimmer is far beyond anything available in the market and is without any doubt the best available Airbus FBW simulation to date, in FS9 or FSX.There are still some areas that need some polish, and others which I wish were more complex, but at it's current state, there's nothing comparable in the market. The experience is really immersive and in some moments you have a level of depth comparable to PMDG products.I just hope they follow through with their Advanced version, this product has matured and shows great potential.

I am happy to see that my message in that thread of March 13th at least brought more objectivity to this debate... Happy landings to all who decided to move on with this great bird!

Airsimmer is far beyond anything available in the market and is without any doubt the best available Airbus FBW simulation to date
It sure is. I am glad you are happy with it. thumbsup2.gifAnd welcome to the happy FS9 A320 pilots team. Captain2.gif

I have to say I've been following Airsimmer's development for a few years now and finally decided to purchase it a couple of days ago.Being aware of several comments regarding CTD issues and other instability problems, I took note of the purchase date and set a reminder 30 days after so that I could activate Flight1 return process.I have now deleted that reminder.Airsimmer is far beyond anything available in the market and is without any doubt the best available Airbus FBW simulation to date, in FS9 or FSX.There are still some areas that need some polish, and others which I wish were more complex, but at it's current state, there's nothing comparable in the market. The experience is really immersive and in some moments you have a level of depth comparable to PMDG products.I just hope they follow through with their Advanced version, this product has matured and shows great potential.
Would you be willing to expand on where you think it needs a little polish etc? I'm really wanting to buy this after getting somewhat annoyed with the Wilco Evolution packs, they feel a little old and stale, the sound packs are very lacking (plus the constant clicks as sounds are looped, ridiculously loud APU etc). I just want something newer, but don't want to lose out on what is overall a decent product.

Would you be willing to expand on where you think it needs a little polish etc? I'm really wanting to buy this after getting somewhat annoyed with the Wilco Evolution packs, they feel a little old and stale, the sound packs are very lacking (plus the constant clicks as sounds are looped, ridiculously loud APU etc). I just want something newer, but don't want to lose out on what is overall a decent product.
For example, the IAE model FADEC is not 100% stable. I've now completed 3 successfull (and enjoyable) flights with the IAE version, but the difference in flight stability and energy management vs CFM is notorious.Also, the Tablet PC is a very nice idea, but the fuel loader and load editor don't work correctly for me. This is a non issue if you have TOPCAT (which I highly recommend, regardless of if you have Airsimmer)Speaking of product features, I miss a more complex MCDU (some of the pages are complete, which makes the product feel like it was "cut in half"), and most of all, I miss the rest of the Airbus family, as I don't see myself going back to Wilco for flying A319 or A321...Believe me, I was on your exact situation regarding this aircraft, I took the plunge and I'm really happy I did it. It's a huge step in realism regarding other Airbus sims. The worst that can happen is that you ask for a return via Flight 1.There are so many things that set it apart... variable engine startup time according to outside temperature, reduced brake action in case of overheat, a VC that will make you think what were you doing flying 2D panels up until now... a very good sound package (i got goose bumps the minute I started the BATs for the first time), and the actual feeling you're flying an Airbus (automatically or manually) instead of an oversized Cessna.

For example, the IAE model FADEC is not 100% stable. I've now completed 3 successfull (and enjoyable) flights with the IAE version, but the difference in flight stability and energy management vs CFM is notorious.Also, the Tablet PC is a very nice idea, but the fuel loader and load editor don't work correctly for me. This is a non issue if you have TOPCAT (which I highly recommend, regardless of if you have Airsimmer)Speaking of product features, I miss a more complex MCDU (some of the pages are complete, which makes the product feel like it was "cut in half"), and most of all, I miss the rest of the Airbus family, as I don't see myself going back to Wilco for flying A319 or A321...Believe me, I was on your exact situation regarding this aircraft, I took the plunge and I'm really happy I did it. It's a huge step in realism regarding other Airbus sims. The worst that can happen is that you ask for a return via Flight 1.There are so many things that set it apart... variable engine startup time according to outside temperature, reduced brake action in case of overheat, a VC that will make you think what were you doing flying 2D panels up until now... a very good sound package (i got goose bumps the minute I started the BATs for the first time), and the actual feeling you're flying an Airbus (automatically or manually) instead of an oversized Cessna.
Thanks. How do you find vertical management? I can't seem to fathom the websites details correctly. It shows CLB/DES (managed climb and descent) as a feature, but not fully. Can you do managed climbs and descents?

Thanks. How do you find vertical management? I can't seem to fathom the websites details correctly. It shows CLB/DES (managed climb and descent as a feature, but not fully). Can you do managed climbs and descents?
If you mean vertical profiles, no, the Basic version does not cover it. (I think I've read somewhere that this feature is included in the Advanced version). That means the aircraft will not respond to ALT restrictions entered in the MCDU.You have to do it manually (or respond to ATC). In that case you can use OP CLIMB or DES, which work with appropriate Vertical speeds.

I will quickly answer these questions then back out of these threads as I have a commercial tag and don't want to sound like a sales rep.It has 3 independent inertial reference systems that feed data to the captain and first officers side independently like the real aircraft. You can switch between the 3. It also has three air data computers, and simulate IRS drift with GPS DME updating.Basic only has fast align, calculates v speeds although I recommend using TOPCAT, full TCAS, no weather radar (you can't get realistic weather radar on any addon)Frames are down to your machine, flightplans are entered through the airways/via page, no loading of flight plans.The longest flight I have done is around 5 hours when I created a video for the advanced a few months back, it took me 3 minutes to program the route.Any question then it's best to ask over on the AS forums :)Regards
Thanks, how about save panel state?For the first time, I'm really in the mood of getting this bird after my new system arrives (which almost similar to Rafal's hehe :()Really, I'm enjoying myself with Boeing fleet from iFly to PMDG and still no Airbus yet, really looking foward to it.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I'm really in the mood of getting this bird after my new system arrives (which almost similar to Rafal's ... )
Then I can tell you there are zero performance problems with AirSimmer on my rig. You can sleep soundly. :(

Looking forward to the airsimmer a320 family after watching the videos on youtube, is there a release date for the advanced?

is there a release date for the advanced?
No.