Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Reputation List

:yahoo: hip hip hooray for up votes! Thanks Tom

BTW, Tom check your pm inbox for the latest and greatest in drama re: the social groups app Big%20Grin.gif

Hi Folks

yes, we can do up voting only. Give me a few and we'll have it back online.... but with positive karma only...

EDIT: Now positive only implemented.

Tom -

That's only made it worse.

At time of posting -

Click the green up arrow,

and the 0 counter was decremented to -1 :lol:

EDIT -

ATM its only displaying a post's score

after the viewer has rated it.

Score must have been -2 before I'd rated it.

PS

The negative karma was useful

to decrement those posting misinformation or utter cr*p.

HTH

ATB

Paul

Nice to see this back ! Well done Tom & Chase.

Fred.

I agree the down voting was useful. I don't know how much control you guys have over it but perhaps setting it so that you can only down vote once per day and can only down vote a single person a total of 5 times.

That would nearly solve the abuse problem, while still giving the negative nancies a chance to see people don't like reading their negativity.

Part of the problem too was that I think some people were using it as a "I disagree with your point" button which I definitely don't think it was. I think it was more for those who post idiotic things that are a detriment to the community.

Plus I agree that it should be anonymous. Just because typically, the person getting down voted a lot is more likely to be the type of person who would start trying to abuse the system against the people who down voted him.

A lot of time I would see posts that had been down-voted for no apparent reason and I would up-vote them just to get them back to 0.

Noah Bryant

I like the new "Like" only button. It reminds me of Facebook.

Yes maybe, but almost everyone on FB has been harping for a dislike button from the very begining.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I agree the down voting was useful. I don't know how much control you guys have over it but perhaps setting it so that you can only down vote once per day and can only down vote a single person a total of 5 times.

That would nearly solve the abuse problem, while still giving the negative nancies a chance to see people don't like reading their negativity.

A lot of time I would see posts that had been down-voted for no apparent reason and I would up-vote them just to get them back to 0.

I agree with the above statements. The -1 (dislike) DOES have its place. We have to be mature enough to know when to use it.

I have seen posts I personally disagreed with, but the point was made in a coherent manner so I gave it a +1 to get it out of the red zone.

I began to use the +1 and -1 as a way of expressing my opinion to points that had already been made. If I saw a post that was putrid, -1. If I saw a post I agreed with, instead of posting and wasting space on "I agree with yout brilliant post!", I'd +1 it.

In the end, this is a internet forum. To be more specific, a forum where posters can go on a nerd rage about the smallest things (the color of nav lights, the 3 to 4 inches in a real cockpit versus FSX, not using time accel on a long haul flight, etc...), we almost have to expect retalitory abuse of the system.

A good compromise, IMO, would be to limit the -1s per day and unlimited +1s.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma