Sign in to follow this  
steve_1979

The furure of Microsoft Flight?

Hi everyone.It's been about a year since I've done any flight simming (apart from Wings of Prey) but Microsofts new sim 'Flight' has reawakened my interest in flight simming.So far I'm enjoying Flight a lot but there seems to be one major eliment missing for me - the weather.Is it likely that an add on weather engine such as REX or ASE will ever be available for Flight?

It's very likely as with everything else. We'll have to wait and see...There may be DLC for a more robust weather environment or 3PD may be able to contribute in the future. Stay tuned.Alaska will be out in a few so from there on into the next few months we'll start to see the direction Flight is going to take.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The only known future for Flight right now is Alaska. But the future is bright as long as it has fans that support it in buying DLC. REX and ASE are possible and rumors are that REX may be in talks with MS. This is one of those things we will just need to "wait and see". Welcome back into the fold!

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The only known future for Flight right now is Alaska. But the future is bright as long as it has fans that support it in buying DLC. REX and ASE are possible and rumors are that REX may be in talks with MS. This is one of those things we will just need to "wait and see".Welcome back into the fold!
Problem with Flight is that is all 'waiting and see' and or 'maybe one day'that is one of the reasons why many give it up ! - waiting - waiting and more waiting - and waiting for what ??if flight had to have real weather - atc - and all the other stuff that is missing - Ms would have added already on first release !that is the reality !

if flight had to have real weather - atc - and all the other stuff that is missing - Ms would have added already on first release !
for free?

that is one of the reasons why many give it up ! - waiting - waiting and more waiting - and waiting for what ??
The game has only been out for less than three weeks. That is the reality!If there are "many" who are so impatient there is still FSX and FS9 to be flown. I've made a couple nice flights the past 24 hours, albeit admiring my own work... :LMAO:

Problem with Flight is that is all 'waiting and see' and or 'maybe one day'that is one of the reasons why many give it up ! - waiting - waiting and more waiting - and waiting for what ??if flight had to have real weather - atc - and all the other stuff that is missing - Ms would have added already on first release !that is the reality !
I don't really worry any more what will be added. If or when they get the base program up to standard with real weather, ATC, AI, etc. I will start using it and supporting it by purchasing DLC. Until then will spend my time and money on FSX.

Until then will spend my time and money on FSX.
And therein lies the rub... How much of that money will MS actually get? I'm guessing zero...

And therein lies the rub... How much of that money will MS actually get? I'm guessing zero...
Yes, it will all go to 3rd parties. But MS didn't really target the "typical" MSFS customer with Flight, although there are some crossovers. As a result they will probably see very little cash from those users, and will have to rely on whoever it is that ARE targeting. As they are apparently going to be completely secretive about the direction they are going to take with Flight, I am going to have to wait and see before I make any purchases. If it eventually has all of the features that FSX has, along with all of the available 3rd party content that can currently be purchased for FSX, then I will open the bank.I am not upset at MS for the direction they took with Flight, and don't feel like they "owe" me anything as a "loyal MSFS user", as some have seemed to feel, but I also don't feel obliged to support it. I do hope that Flight eventually becomes something I am interested in, but after endless speculation I have no idea at this point. Then again, if they drop their current super-secretive attitude and indicate more of the features I am interested in will eventually be included, then I will jump in now.There is a lot to like about Flight, with a lot of great features that will never be matched by FSX, but for now it is just a skeleton of a sim in my personal opinion.

No. Its NOT a reality. Things take time to program in. FS1 didnt have all that your asking. It took YEARS to develop that stuff. Also, MS is not one to give away its future plans to the public, especially not with compatition like AFS and XP nipping at there heels. Now be a good little boy and wait like everyone else. Daddy cant wave a magic wand for you and poof, have everything you want ready.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

ndicate more of the features I am interested in will eventually be included, then I will jump in now.
generally agree, I also called and still call for something like a roadmap. but that is tough to accomplish for ms, possibly they do not themselves where the journey goes, except for alaska and maybe 1 or 2 DLC beyond. but then the question is what is worse, keeping all secret for the public or tell what's coming and have those against them who expect something else or earlier? difficult.besides that I do not want to miss flight anymore. I invested modest 40 bucks. having now close to 30hrs flight time and 40 will easily sum up, that makes 1 buck per hr. I can hardly find anything which is less expensive and gives as much bang for the buck. well, there is one thing but believe me, wifes don't necessarily come for free, there might be things like a pair of new shoes involved every here and there, TCO looks different :-)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I imagine MS will want some inclusion for the UK, Australia, Canada, South America, Asia, etc...everywhere you find large flight sim communitiesI think that wil happen, but the whole world...? Only if the demand stays strong

I can hardly find anything which is less expensive and gives as much bang for the buck. well, there is one thing but believe me, wifes don't necessarily come for free, there might be things like a pair of new shoes involved every here and there, TCO looks different :-)
Lol and here I kept thinking that the Flight core download is the second most fun thing I can do for freeYou got a point there... :wink:

Guest Antlab
I imagine MS will want some inclusion for the UK, Australia, Canada, South America, Asia, etc...everywhere you find large flight sim communities
Hey, do you remenber that just some miles below UK there are a bit of land called continental Europe? Big%20Grin.gifAnd maybe we in total are a bit greater than UK community, also for flight sim market.A.