Sign in to follow this  
Rickenbacker

Do you pick a "house" in Flight or am I just wierd?

I tend to park at Kaneohe Hangar 105, where I worked out of for a few years.

...but then you switched to Friday Harbor? :)
Friday Harbor (and the rest of the San Juans) was one of my favorite destinations back when I flew a lot in RL. Used to park my biplane and hike down the road to the Summer Jazz Festival there, down by the water. Miss those days.

I never thought of this! But I love the idea! Today's mission, House Hunters Hawaii!

In FS-2004 (or maybe it was 2002) I had built a series of buildings at the south end of the main airport in my area which was my home base, signage and everything.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I like to leave my aircraft parked at the GA hangars at Kahului. Once we get helis, I intend to choose a residence that I will fly to after parking my Maule. :Just Kidding:

Yeah, my "spot" was always my real house in FSX (Back when they had the whole world :Waiting: )

Panda, small, out of the way, no complex airplanes need apply!And I don't recommend using those hangars at the West end of Runway 8L at Honolulu - I fly through them a lot!Best regards.Luis

Anyone who would like to stay in my huge hotel in Honolulu are very welcome !! :LMAO:
Got a hotel on Maui I could stay at this summer? Just%20Kidding.gifAnd now that the idea of calling a house mine has been put into my head, off to do some hunting! :Nerd:

Brandon Filer

I found a small island in the Caribbean that I could use as a "home base" for my Goose when I was there. It was just big enough for a house and a place to park. Normally I use my home town airport, modified to have the correct parking spots. I haven't looked for a "home base" in Flight yet, but after reading your post, I probably will. Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I usually operate from home airport, actually, my home is very close to airport, but as my country is unavailable in Flight I guess I can stay at Frederic's hotel B)

Panda, small, out of the way, no complex airplanes need apply!And I don't recommend using those hangars at the West end of Runway 8L at Honolulu - I fly through them a lot!
Mmmm... 199th Fighter Squadron might not appreciate that. Those are for the "ready alert" aircraft to be kept in position for rapid take-offs. :Thinking:

Luis
Hey, Luis, you may have hinted at a cool Multiplayer competition: WHO CAN FLY THROUGH THE HANGAR THE MOST TIMES IN THREE MINUTES.We position one willing player near the hangar, to act as judge, film the event with Fraps, and to count the number of times each player goes through. You can fly through either side of the hangar. Not hitting other planes is the pilot's responsibility. If you crash you're out. At the end of three minutes the winner is announced, and the film posted at Youtube.How bout it? Here's how scoring could be handled by the "judge":scoring.jpg

I claimed a boat as my house. Its just north of Hino. Maybe some of you seen it? Its white, has 2 pools, and not to long ago some yabo's in MP tried to land on it. The nerv!

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I keep looking for a place on a hill, with a grand view, but I guess I'll need to wait for helicopters - I've found nothing with a good enough airstrip. Did find several awesome airstrips on northern Maui, though, one of which turned out to be a real former Army Field (yesterdays Aerocache), but no houses nearby.