Sign in to follow this  
eliyahu

POLL: What feature would most improve FLIGHT?

Which feature would most improve FLIGHT?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What Improvements would you most like to see in the base MS FLIGHT game?

• Better Graphics / Textures
    • Autopilot feature
    • ATC services
    • Traffic (AI planes, cars, birds, other signs of life)
    • TrackIR support
    • Multiplayer Missions & More Challenge Types
    • Leaderboards
    • Ability to fly between DLC zones
    • More flexible realism settings
    • Better support for multiple monitors
    • Record video & Instant Replay
    • Airplane Pushback / Reverse
    • Aircraft Mechanical Failures

This is what the poll says:"What Improvements would you most like to see in the base MS FLIGHT game?"Nothing there about DLC.Hook
Yea, thats very true about this poll, but there are bunch of topics about "wrong DLC packs." :smile: I just posted it wrong topic.

For me, it's lack of TrackIR.... and HDR lighting and color contrast effects. The game looks so 2008 right now, despite the higher autogen and nicer textures.

Better weather control and GPS are 2 features I didn't think of when making the poll, but both are good additions.If you want to add those or any other feature to the poll, just mention it here in the replies so it can be counted as a vote.

With currently 87 people voting, that's only a bit over a third that want TrackIR.
Well you certainly know how to make my day... lol :smile:

The votes for autopilot must be in direct correlation with the votes for flying between dlc zones.
The distance of my flight is not the autopilot criteria for me. There are other cockpit duties, like navigation and tuning radios that make it difficult to keep hands on stick. Also, there are many times I like to just look around and enjoy the scenery without having to maintain my attitude orientation from a weird view direction. I'm not looking for full FMC flight plan following; just heading and altitude set would do most of what I need in an autopilot.

I know this is bordering on blasphemy around here... but I think there are a lot less Track IR users than people seem to think...I'd never even heard of it until I started actively participating here a couple months ago, and I'm one of those "been using FS since day one" guys...On one hand, from what I've read and seen about it, it looks like a cool piece of equipment that I've missed out on, but on the other hand, I'm kind of glad I never got used to using it, since it seems once you do, it's missed tremendously when not available... Bottom line, I'm voting for it, both for those that miss it, and for the opportunity to try it out myself!Thanks for making me aware of it : )

I am new here and voted for traffic. To me this game is getting to be like flying in one of those 'Life after people' shows. I've gone back to FSX till there is some more improvement/DLC.

I know this is bordering on blasphemy around here... but I think there are a lot less Track IR users than people seem to think...
I think that is due in part to the particular participants in this particular forum.For combat sims especially, the number of Track IR users is very large. Just imagine flying with a bandit in eyesight, able to watch his every move and stay on his tail just by small, very natural, movements of your head. My very first flight with a Track IR device was in IL2 Forgotten Battles - at that time it was a Track IR3 that only supported 2 degrees of freedom - the wow factor was absolutely incredible, and I have been hooked ever since.Imagine flying Flight, able to look around outside by these same small movements of your head, very natural movements - just like in real life really. Just the immersion factor is incredible. Or inside the 3d Cockpit, the ability to look down, move your head in close for a close up view of that guage or switch, then return to straight ahead view out the window with again, a very natural small movement of you head.It truly is in incredible product for Flight simming, and as I have stated no telling how many times, just as important a peripheral for me as my joystick.If this sounds like something you would like and you can swing it, seriously consider it. If you buy it direct from Natural Point, they offer a 30 day money back policy - read the details though, not sure if there is restocking/return fee involved.My new Track IR5 is on the way to me and shows to be delivered on Monday, to replace my TIR4 - I am excited. And thank you for the vote!Also do check out the video of the Track IR5 in action at the Natural Point website.

Sometimes when you're flying around, you need to get a better view of something down below. You could swoop around in an circle and observe it in a bank.You could slip the plane and observe it in a bank.You could use the mouse controls to slide over and look downOr you could use TrackIR, to naturally lean a little seat in your seat and tilt your head a little forward to look down. If you need to see around the wing you could lean a little forward or back too. Nothing beats that! :)

Thanks, db and Oracle... I have looked at the Natural Point site since I learned about it here, and have watched the videos, and agree, it looks like a great piece of hardware. One of my biggest frustrations with FS has ALWAYS been the difficulty of looking sideways out the window when lining up for a landing, and if for no other reason than THAT, I'm likely to make the purchase... Besides... my wife needs one more reason to mock me, and I'm sure the headset thing will be right in her wheelhouse.. ; )

I'm sure she will learn, as my wife has, that she can place her hands on top of your head and wobble it around much to your nauseating expense. :)

Besides... my wife needs one more reason to mock me, and I'm sure the headset thing will be right in her wheelhouse.. ; )
Well if you get the bundle, then yes you get the headset piece, and you also will get the trackclip piece that clips over the front of the bill on a cap.I use the latter with great success, although it can get you a little funny look if someone comes in and sees your hat with that clip attached. lol,On my new Track IR5, I went ahead and spent the extra for the bundle, so I would have the headset piece in addition to the clip for the hat. I may never use the heasdset piece as I do not wear any headsets, but who knows someday I might so figured might as well have it in case.If you do get one, keep in mind - give it a little time to get acclamated, for me 30 minutes was all it took. The software is highly customizable, allowing you to set all kinds of curves, dead zones, etc, to each individual axis as well as adjusting the speed of movement versus your head movement, light filtering, etc. Read up on the manual first, rather than just plunging in to it...If you do, best of luck and have fun,

I too am suprised by the low level of TIR enthusiasm in the poll.Just a warning for the un-TIR initiated:Using TIR programs your mind for the FS experience such that you really think you are turning your head to look over your wing while on your downwind leg, or glancing down at your gauges for a quick look. It becomes so natural that you don't even think about, you just do it and believe that you really did 'look there'...hence why I'm addicted to it (and why Flight sucks for me without it). The effect has become so pervasive that while watching FS clips on youtube I find myself trying to change the view by moving my head.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)