Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

Maybe the flight modelling isn't that good after all?

Guest bstolle

Again, depends on the seating position and the size of the pilot....

Hi Donald, and everyone.

>>..either they may not have thought about the problem, or didn't really think it was that much of a problem.<<

I am sure it's both, and that is exactly why people like I am try to help with constructive feedback. All the problems that I have pointed out are fairly easy to fix and would greatly improve the simming experience. One can easily analyze the models, if you look at details that are lacking, when compared to a real life model, and come up with hundreds of inaccuracies. My goal is to point out the biggest deviations that can be easily fixed. The problem becomes, gets compounded, when you see individuals that behave as if they may be involved in the development process that should be thankful for the feedback, they instead try to justify the short comings by attacking the individual that is actually doing them a favor.

This is the most difficult part to fix. When one is not willing to take the time to understand, and accept the facts, the issues may never be resolved.

As it stands right now, what I see in the present release, and the response, there is little hope of having a credible sim.

These individuals don't only disrespect themselves they also insult their customers. I would hope Cessna will look closely to this representation and take action.

If a real C172 would behave like the model they have to date, nobody would be buying / flying them. It would scare me right out of aviation, if I did not know any better.

TV

Guest bstolle

?? E.g. Morton is easily one of the most knowledgeable and open minded x-plane member here at Avsim

These individuals don't only disrespect themselves they also insult their customers. I would hope Cessna will look closely to this representation and take action.

Are you serious??? Cessna should take actions against X-P because the X-P flight model of the C172 is not perfect?

No, really, are you serious???

Marco

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Well, I never really understood why Flight Unlimited 2 & 3 were never able to call their Cessna by the name, and instead had to use "Kodiak" as a designation...

I am about to get a new PC, so, I'll give xplane10 a fair test as soon as possible... And I will play around with the ROG numbers, and the like, at least with the default AS-K21 which I know very well from RL...

I would really like to feel satisfied with both FLIGHT and Xplane10...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, I never really understood why Flight Unlimited 2 & 3 were never able to call their Cessna by the name, and instead had to use "Kodiak" as a designation...

The original Fly! simulator had the Cessna Skyhawk 172 and Piper Navajo aircraft in it. Strangely when FlY! II was released the same aircraft were called the Flyhawk and Kodiak for legal reasons.

"If a real C172 would behave like the model they have to date, nobody would be buying / flying them. It would scare me right out of aviation, if I did not know any better."

+++1

Hi GoranM.

Popcorn_nommer.gif

I like your picture. You must be part of the fabulous team that developed XP10? I think I am beginning to understand who / what you guys are. Can you post a picture of your whole group? I bet you get a lot of looks when you go out in public? TV

Hi GoranM.

I like your picture. You must be part of the fabulous team that developed XP10?

Ummm, no.

I think I am beginning to understand who / what you guys are.

And what is that?

At least I don't go reaching for things to complain about. (Honestly, the viewpoint? What next? No 3D modeled wires under the panel?)

Can you post a picture of your whole group? I bet you get a lot of looks when you go out in public? TV

Ummm, no (On both counts.)

What next? No 3D modeled wires under the panel?

Next, they'll complain because the X-Plane default Cessna is not able perform a stationary flight like their Cessna. :wink: It's just fun what they call "constructive feedback".

Do i drive a car without my hand in the steering wheel? Do I fly a cessna without my hand on rudder and yolk? Xplane cessna not hard to fly it yaw left to right but just to trim correctly. Xplane flight modeling is not perfect neither MSFS. Xplane flying not bad just requires practice and patience