Sign in to follow this  
UncleLarry

Multiplayer Idiots

I view naming and shaming as a perfectly acceptable response to anti-social behavior. Shame%20On%20You.gif

If I am hosting I will then go to the multiplayer screen and give the offender the boot, it is surprisingly satisfying.

:LMAO:

"Great Ozzie is... 'Charles Bronson' in... Multiplayer Death Wish III..."

Just%20Kidding.gif

What is a name and shame list going to accomplish? After a few months it is going to be hundreds of players.. what's the point?

And why would anyone fly a long mission in mp?

No Rules??? How about a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T.... in the form of common courtesy. I seriously doubt if one of those knuckleheads was practicing an approach, they would get a huge kick if someone zoomed thru them while they were in the flare.

And the "name and shame".... should be a sticky of knuckleheads that like to do this stuff...

Unless of course.... it's a session where it's agreed to and then sure let's have it.

There you go... precisely why a decade ago I gave up the Star Wars BF1 mp because some knucklehead joins your team and starts killing you and teammates.

"See and Avoid" is something to practice... not "the name of the game".

Lol respect for what, its a game if you want to be a wanny be pilot that takes everything too seriously then dont play with others, for all i know it could be a kid fooling around just having fun, dont be fooled be thinking that everyone that download this game will threat it as a simulator, which by the way its not, its a game.

A lot of us enjoy the fellowship of other pilots while flying around. Hmmm, perhaps the reason why we totally avoid flying into Hilo.

Seriously, why would you pay for Flight to kamikazee other planes? Do with Flight as you want, just stick to the players that want to play with you the way you want to play and leave the others alone. Thanks.

A lot of us enjoy the fellowship of other pilots while flying around. Hmmm, perhaps the reason why we totally avoid flying into Hilo.

Seriously, why would you pay for Flight to kamikazee other planes? Do with Flight as you want, just stick to the players that want to play with you the way you want to play and leave the others alone. Thanks.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying that if you want to complete a long mission without the target demographic ruining it for you, you will need to complete the mission in single player.

I guess the best answer to that would be, "Try it and see."

The entire target demographic isn't comprised of kamakazis. It's probably a relative few, and they can be dealt with given the tools in the game. If it were a real problem, you'd see it mentioned more in the forum. It IS happening, obviously, but how much?

My advice to the kamakazis, and the people who support them: Go fly a couple of long missions with some other players. You might find it more fun than trying to crash people.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I guess the best answer to that would be, "Try it and see."

Oh sure, I can understand wanting some form of life in Flight.

But simply enough, if you play with fire (long missions in MP), don't cry when you get burned, right? Shame lists aren't going to help that.

I have been playing multiplayer with up to 15 other guys/ gals and everybody is doing their thing.

Missions, Group Flying, Free Flight or Challenges.

The reason to do multiplayer is to feel you are not alone. Some might be using mics, others can be texting and

some others can participate or not, and it is everybody's choice.

The last thing you want is some jack…. to join a game and ruin it for everybody, even for himself.

honestly... did anyone NOT anticipate this happening?

I figured Flight would at least give you the option of turning off airplane collisions.

Wait... so just because this is a free roam game/simulator that gives everyone the right to act with no regard? What happens when you go out into the real world, do you go around ramming customers in Wal-Mart with your shopping cart.

Seriously, people have no respect for others when they are online. They feel as though there is no personal respect and can do whatever they choose. An example of this is some of the language used online, honestly I was in the Navy and heard less cussing than on some of the flights I do on this platform.

How about this... if you want to fly around crashing into anything that is in the game... "play" offline, don't penalize the rest of us because we use common courtesy to others.

(climbing off soap box)

honestly... did anyone NOT anticipate this happening?

I figured Flight would at least give you the option of turning off airplane collisions.

Yes we did, during the beta and since game launch.

I guess we have to wait and see if a future update resolves this problem.

since we dont have much control i figure we may be able to make up our own list of NOT WANTED where everyone can post gamertags... ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I don't play multiplayer all that often, but when I do I like to pick some poor, unsuspecting player and join formation right alongside them. No crashing, no sudden dangerous aerobatics, just getting close enough to say hi.

I was just in a multiplayer session and some guy kept following me around and trying to crash into me.

The really strange thing is he had no name (gamertag) in yellow like everyone else !......just his plane. (Rv-6)

Then suddenly he just dissapeared altogether. It said nothing about anyone signing out etc.

Fred.