Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

Steam discounts and new hardware recommendations

While we're at it, does anyone know if there is a way to "move" my current installation to Steam? Or if I download it again from Steam will I lose my missions progress?

Why on earth would you want to? If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why on earth would you want to? If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it! :LMAO:

Yeh, why would you? Do you want to play it via steam?

Yeh, why would you? Do you want to play it via steam?

Yeah, I do have some other games on Steam, so I like to keep them all in one place. I'm downloading it right now, let's see how it handles my saved progress.

Yeah, I do have some other games on Steam, so I like to keep them all in one place. I'm downloading it right now, let's see how it handles my saved progress.

It will handle well. Did it yesterday and it worked. You can uninstall the original one after installing the steam one. Nothing happens.

btw, Microsoft Flight is a HUGE hit on Steam. The Hawaiian Starter Bundle Pack is the 12th top seller today.

As the early supporters paid more for their DLC than they would now on Steam, I think MS should reward them with FREE VC's for the Mustang/Zero :)

As the early supporters paid more for their DLC than they would now on Steam, I think MS should reward them with FREE VC's for the Mustang/Zero :)

Assuming there eventually are.

I think the bump in specs might partly have to do with the fact that you have to run Steam as well as GfWL and Flight itself.

May be the recommended configuration is not the one to run Flight at High plus Maximal settings. A selection over 3DMark 4000:

1. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (3DMark 4700 - $234 - 3DMark Score / Price: 20) the most popular graphics card (tested OK with Flight)

2. AMD Radeon HD 6870 (3DMark: 4240 - $169 - 3DMark Score / Price: 25) best price

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/364868-optimal-configuration-for-ms-flight/