Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

Trust me guys I am trying believe what you all are saying, but something is missing... or it's something I am not getting.unsure.png
I don't know what is missing, but it isn't in what we told you, for everything we have told you is absolutely correct. There is a lot of bad information out there in regard to hardware for gaming in general, and FSX in particular so maybe you are looking at things the wrong way to begin with, no offence intended. Perhaps begin by studying the huge wealth of accumulated wisdom and knowledge base here on AVSIM to give you more background as a foundation for improving things on your end. We all had to start somewhere, but you nailed the right people at the right place with the right answers on your first swipe. Like Srdan said, thank goodness you posted here before you threw away a ton of money.Kind regards,

Alright, let me get this straight.....An i5-2500k is faster than a 3.20GHz, 8MB Cache i7-960?If this is the case, then my current X58 Classified 3 and the upcoming Classified SR2 is worthless when running FSX!I should have just kept my Intel Core 2 Quad overclocked and my EVGA 650 motherboard.... I had no issues with FSX with that setup...Trust me guys I am trying believe what you all are saying, but something is missing... or it's something I am not getting.unsure.png
Sure!! Clock that babe up and you´ll see. It´s known that the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture is a lot faster than the Nehalem of the 960.

Wow, great looking rigs. It a bit/greatly over whelming. I want to get a great rig, but I'm still not sure how to go about it. Do I buy in parts and build it myself(will need some help with that) Or do purchase one from a online build such as Jetline, Cyber Power, Digital Storm etc. OMGMike

Hi Mike,Welcome to AVSIM. Build your own. We will help. FSX will fly! You'll be happy. Simple as that.Kind regards,

After reading this, I am a bit concerned.Will my i7 2700k at 5GHZ destroy my current i7 920@4GHZ? - How big of a performance jump should I see?I am getting my new system in a week or so. (Specs in signature)

Ben, the link doesn't work.As far as the question goes, your 2700K SB will blow the OC'd 920 out of the water, with an appropriate GPU and high speed ram. Performance will always fall to the lowest common denominator. I went from a 930 @ 4.3 to what I have now. The gulf between the two is very wide, but I had matching components. Your 450GTS sli video cards will be a serious detriment to solid performance that will undercut any gains from your i7-2700K.Kind regards,PS: As this is a thread dedicated only to displaying pictures of our equipment, any discussion on this subject should discontinue here and go to one of the unpinned topics or have a new thread started.

Hello guys. Here is my rig for FSX.dsc0027ru.jpgI have -Gygabyte Z86X-UD3P-B3-i5 2500K (@ 4.5 now, but will try to get 4.7 in the future)-Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler-NVIDIA GTX570 from Gygabyte (with 3 Fans)-DDR3 Corsair Vengeance (overclocked from 1600 to 1866. 10-10-9-24)-Wifi card-TR2 RX 650W-HDD 7200 1TB from Samsungall well fitted in small USP 100 from coolermaster.

That looks just WAY too clean!! Can't be a real computer, Alexey!!

Yes, I like everything to be clean happy.png thanks for comment.
Very nice build Alexey. Do you get better temps with the V8 mounted vertically? normally having it blowing backwards yields better results.I would also add an exhaust fan at the rear of the case. That config looks to be bound to keep all the hot air inside the case. What are your core temps like at 4.5GHz?

Very nice build Alexey. Do you get better temps with the V8 mounted vertically? normally having it blowing backwards yields better results.I would also add an exhaust fan at the rear of the case. That config looks to be bound to keep all the hot air inside the case. What are your core temps like at 4.5GHz?
Hi Dazz. Thanks.Its strange. Here is the diagram of where it blows:You can see, that I mounted it verticaly to blow backwards, instead of downwards on the videocard.But, I actually returned V8 back to normal position today, cause vertically mounted it makes weird noise on middle range RPMs.I am thinking about getting exhaust fan, but there is no problems right now, cause i keep the case always opened.I actually got to 4.7 now pretty stable (1.368v). On idle i get 30-40. On stress tests I get 60-70.

Oh ok, what a weird airflow, LOL

Hi Dazz. Thanks.Its strange. Here is the diagram of where it blows:You can see, that I mounted it verticaly to blow backwards, instead of downwards on the videocard.But, I actually returned V8 back to normal position today, cause vertically mounted it makes weird noise on middle range RPMs.I am thinking about getting exhaust fan, but there is no problems right now, cause i keep the case always opened.I actually got to 4.7 now pretty stable (1.368v). On idle i get 30-40. On stress tests I get 60-70.
That's not the way it went for me, IIRC. My V8 (loved it, a gift from my GF) moved air from the right side of the "V8" text to the left directly into the rear exhaust fan of my case. I remember seeing that picture and being confused because upon installation, I could feel the air moving the way you would expect it to.What a great, cool looking heat sink. Slightly tacky, but it looked sweet through my huge modded window and jet black case interior. Personally I think it looks a tiny bit goofy mounted sideways, but that's just me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

My FSX is on the 240Gb OCZ Vertex 3. Loads FSX much more quickly than my previous installs on hard drives. If you use the Vertex 3 (or maybe any drive with the Sandforce controller), make sure the firmware is up to date before installing FSX. I had major problems with the early firmware although no problems since AugustCant say much about Raid although did contemplate it for while until some adverse posts appeared here.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs