Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

New Aircraft Teaser!

Whatever, even a Guppy a XF-85 Goblin or a Kalinin K-7, but with a cockpit. Please.

That was the advantage of flying a kamikaze mission in the A6M zero, it was possible to survive the massive collision and fireball when you weren't actually in the cockpit. Those Japanese were cunning devils.

Al

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

The first thing that came to mind when I saw that picture was 'Sabre', don't ask me why though. Based on the strip of zinc chromate primer I'd say something first flown no later than 1960s at least. I think more modern planes don't have the same shade of primer, but I'm sure someone will be along to prove me wrong presently :P.

I just did a little research for the slowest, worst airliner flown which was the DC-2. I think this will be the one they release. LOL. Either way I would be glad to get a dual engine aircraft with more cargo/PAX space.

dc2.jpg

• Crew: 2-3
  • Capacity: 14 passengers
  • Maximum speed: 210 mph at 6,800ft (338 km/h)
  • Range: 1,085 mi (1,750 km)
  • Service ceiling: 22,750 ft (6,930 m)
  • Rate of climb: 1,030 ft/min (310 m/min)

what if and a big MAYBE ??... It's from inside the cockpit of whatever aircraft it is, could be a cooling vent of some sort

I'm with handy on this one - definitely looks like a cooling/heating duct on the inside cockpit area

definitely looks like a cooling/heating duct on the inside cockpit area

Now that would be a very positive sign - if true then that means the next dlc aircraft will have a cockpit.

I just did a little research for the slowest, worst airliner flown which was the DC-2.

What?!! The DC-2 the worst airliner ever flown?

Along with the Boeing 247, the DC-2 was the aircraft which revolutionised passenger air travel and stressed skin aircraft construction. And as for it being slow, it was super fast for 1934 - KLM even entered a DC-2 in the MacRobertson Air Race that year - which was a 9,000 mile trip, and it came second in the race! It was only beaten by the custom-built DH.88 racer, and the DH.88 was the precursor to the legendary DH Mosquito! Not to mention the fact that the DC-2 was of course the precursor to the legendary DC-3.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I just want a virtual cockpit...

...exterior model optional... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just want a virtual cockpit...

I am with you on that one, at this point I do not care what airplane it is - if it has a VC, I am buying it!

If you enlarged that F/A-18 picture in a magical 'CSI super magnifying stylee' TM, you'd see that dark area under both the engine nacelles is a flat panel.

Al

Alan Bradbury

I found this on the Flight blog comment

Hmm...I don't see it. It doesn't really make sense for MS to release an F-18 at this point. It's not a helicopter either, the title of the post at Flight's website says "Guess the PLANE!".

Well if they'd said 'guess the helicopter', it would have sort of blown the gaff a bit.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Well if they'd said 'guess the helicopter', it would have sort of blown the gaff a bit.

Al

Just a bit, you'd still have to guess though.