Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

Honeywell Runway Safety System - work in progress

i am using fsuipc and the fsx gps coordinates. i didnt even think about using afcad but hell, thats a good idea, as there are the rea runway coordinates (ignoring displaced threshold) and as far as i can see, i can also read out the gate information (making it easier for me to automatically activate/deactivate the RAAS without the need of a switch). but i have to check that, i just took a first look into one of those files with a software called "airport design editor". if you need help with this fsuipc thing, just tell me. at least i know how to read out data there. however, i dont have a clue about developing for iPad

/edit: just checked the afcad´s (bgl-files) but i cannot read them as they are compiled in some way.. dont know how to decrypt them. you have any idea?

/edit2: just found a tool called bgl2xml and could check the files.. problem is, the coordinates of taxiways are relative to the bgl´s centerpoint (or something like that, couldnt really figure it out). i am also searching for runway-coordinates for every edge (not for centerline start/end like it is in the airac´s)

The iPad project of one is just currently waiting to see if I can license a source of the data for the AMM.. Until then nothing much I can do with regarding to developing the shell.

just a short update

found a way to get all 4 edges of the runway (looking into the possiblity of displaced thresholds), therefor "onrunway" is now 100% accurate (wasnt before, if you werent close to centerline, system wouldnt identify you as being on a runway but instead being on a taxiway)

Update:

the approaching runway aural warning works now for every runway and from every intersection. However, due to some performance problems (i have to clear some debug PHP code tomorrow) there is still a delay of about 2 seconds and if i am between two runways, the aircraft does not clear the first runway (in case its crossed already) and doesnt announce the next one. That will be something i am working on tomorrow (should be easy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4he9L45CG4

almost done here.. wonder that no developer worked on something like that yet... well, whats left is the taxiway thing, some crossing runway verifications and change runway on backtrack.

ist on Avsim today by Eric Marciano....strange

Sven

well, i just saw that but it looks like his tool does not have the inflight part. however, if he will develop that, i may stop developing my addon or only use it as personal addon for myself, as i dont see any reason to continue if there is already a software for this :) or maybe i release my software as a freeware open source thing (even though, i dont like the open source part of it).. dont know yet

this whole project was planned to be for myself only. therefor, it doesnt matter if there is someone else doing it (as far as he does it accurate which he doesnt do yet, also the sounds are not the same as from the honeywell raas)

well, i just saw that but it looks like his tool does not have the inflight part.

I just tried out Eric Marciano's thing, it only includes the approaching runway x and entering runway x callouts. There is no inflight or landing callouts, nor are there any taxiway take-off warnings etc. All in all it is pretty much garbage, so I hope you continue developing your realistic implementation as it is still unrivaled.

Looks great so far.

This will be an excellent little add-on. I'm sure many including myself will appreciate it.

well, i just saw that but it looks like his tool does not have the inflight part. however, if he will develop that, i may stop developing my addon or only use it as personal addon for myself, as i dont see any reason to continue if there is already a software for this :) or maybe i release my software as a freeware open source thing (even though, i dont like the open source part of it).. dont know yet

this whole project was planned to be for myself only. therefor, it doesnt matter if there is someone else doing it (as far as he does it accurate which he doesnt do yet, also the sounds are not the same as from the honeywell raas)

I think your's is far better, as it has the real voices and more features.

I dont give my money to the other addon, keep em coming...

Sven

well, i dont really use the same voice of the honeywell RAAS, i let another person (who is the voice of the first real I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID!in betty and which you can hear in the F14,F18 and a few commercial airliners) do the job to redo the sounds as honeywell didnt want to give their original sound files (I hope my sounds are close enough). I paid a few hundret $ to get these sounds, also there is a new soundset coming for a predictive windshear system (which will probably be included in the RAAS). Right now, i also replaced the whole GPWS sounds of my PMDG 737 with new sounds from the same person mentioned above.

My GPWS in action starting at 1:20 (thats an old video and i edited a few sounds already, will show a complete demo later on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLisZggh8TA

update for today:

made things fast - even though i am developing in PHP, i managed to reduce the delay to 0.5 seconds. I also cleaned up the code, improved reliability and prepared the whole thing to include something that hasnt been there yet as well (in the fsx world). i also just received new sound files (i guess that makes it a total of 500$ by now) and started to look into "how to develop with c++" as i dont wanna wait until some developer contacts me. learning probably takes a bit longer but at least i am then able to do everything on my own. I think i will be done with the ground part by tomorrow and will then redo the "inflight" part. Shouldnt take long,.. in the last 3 days, i deleted everything and started all over at least 4 times. Right now, its the first time i am happy with the ground part. The inflight part is a bit more complex but there are functions i created earlier, that will make it possible, to complete everything within a week from now on. I have some Honeywell manuals here and will spend my weekend reading them. Next video will be released tomorrow.

update for today:

made things fast - even though i am developing in PHP, i managed to reduce the delay to 0.5 seconds. I also cleaned up the code, improved reliability and prepared the whole thing to include something that hasnt been there yet as well (in the fsx world)

Boy, you aren't you fast... Sure a good example for developers how to move the things forward... (and update) :Applause:

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

yea i think i wouldnt make so much regular updates if i wouldnt proceed that fast :) however, i wont release this product until its perfect (in my eyes) ;)

Hi Tebin, good to hear that things are going forward! ;-)

/ Jakob

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Thanks to you of course as well ! :) Thanks again for your help with the RAAS.

Update for today: distance remaining on entering runway works (however, have to make a speedcheck as certain callouts are only heard below a certain speed. After that, I will work on the flight-part.. was a bit busy today so i couldnt do it already)

oh,.. and here is a little preview for the alternate gpws soundpack. its a remake of a military autopilot disc aural warning. Maybe something for your "Janet 737" ;)

http://aircraftdispatch.net/PMDG_737_APdisconnect.wav

and for the windshear warning system (included in RAAS.. not in real but i made it as an extra feature):

http://aircraftdispatch.net/wsgoaround.mp3