Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

Honeywell Runway Safety System - work in progress

Tebin- good stuff!

I hope you consider making it payware first. You can always go freeware later.

Peter Osborn

a bit delay on the new video (was traveling this weekend). here some update

i am currently investigating a possibility to write a phone app (or do the basic model for it so its easy to port). that way, we could use it in real life as well (of course its not certified in any way but.. you get the idea). I own a Nokia N900 and a Nokia N9. Both run a linux on it and the N900 is even possible to start an apache server with mysql and so on. I was possible, to access the phones GPS coordinates. However, phones do not have the best gps receiver so you might get an external one or something. Well, lets see how this turns out.

Ok now back to flightsim..

At the moment, i am reading the manuals from Honeywell to check their values with mine and include some kind of buffer (as i dont get the data in realtime but instead, with a few milliseconds delay). Also i am not working on the ground part anymore as this seems to be done (some tweaks will follow later on). I think i will postpone the next video until the flightpart is dont (which means, the product is in a state where people can test it.. regarding this,.. i already have a few people. I only need new people who are actually using the system in real life and are willing to install an apache server on their machines . Of course only until i made a conversion to something like a dll file))

. i also just received new sound files (i guess that makes it a total of 500$ by now) and started to look into "how to develop with c++" as i dont wanna wait until some developer contacts me.

You can get one of those learn C++ in 48 hours books :Party:

If you need some C++ help, PM me. Maybe I can help.

Looks like a cool addon.

Cheers,

You can get one of those learn C++ in 48 hours books :Party:

If you need some C++ help, PM me. Maybe I can help.

Looks like a cool addon.

Cheers,

thats nice, thanks ! i will surely contact you.

btw: what do you think about those books? do they really work? i mean, is it possible within 48 hours?

btw: what do you think about those books? do they really work? i mean, is it possible within 48 hours?

I was being facetious :Nerd:

Those books are good for "Hello World" and some simple math stuff -but I'm sure you're already way beyond that.

well not if its about c ;)

i will try out some things today and see how fast i can learn it

I must say Tebin, This looks really great!

This is what I love about the Flightsim Community, Always someone willing to improve it, or take it further, and it seems every month the lines are further blurred between the sim and reality.

PS. Its great to see established developers such as Bryan willing to help out those who are starting out.

byork[/color]' timestamp='1335796783' post='2356001']

Tebin and FS2Crew have teamed up.

WooHoo!

:) what a nice day for us all (i hope everyone shares the same feelings about it :D )

I just hope that this product can be used outside of FS2Crew. I am a LJ45 driver and there's at least 10 others of us waiting to have this developed but we dont need the airliner part.

Great job so far!

just hope that this product can be used outside of FS2Crew. I am a LJ45 driver and there's at least 10 others of us waiting to have this developed but we dont need the airliner part.

It would be a stand-alone module that you can use in any plane.

So no worries there.

Bryan, thanks for that reply. Looking back my post may have sounded a bit jerky and it wasnt intended to. I just wanted to point out that a functional RAAS system is excellent and highly desireable for us full scale cockpit builders (me an LJ45 guy, who also develops panels, etc.) and because we often fly with real copilots (me every friday night) we dont always need the virtual copilot and services found in your great products (which I've purchased in the past). In fact, I only learned about this RAAS system via a Youtube video where the system can be heard in an actual LJ45 landing and then back-taxiing at Turks and Caicos:

(

)

I had never known about it before until talking with the pilot about the system- I thought it was incredible. He explained what it was and I was able to then learn more about it via Honeywell's site.

I did purchase the Runway Advisor package over the weekend from Eric M. and it's fine for $8 but I really want a more complete system and will gladly pay a good bit more. Especially if there's a way to direct the sound to a 2nd sound card or over the network to a different PC.

Thanks for the update and I appreciate the work going into these products. BTW, an FS2Crew would be neat for business craft too as there's tons of business jet guys that dont have full scale sims also. Since we fly mainly point to point with no gates I think it'd be a bit simpler to develop, but then again, probably not :-)

Looking forward. Though this does mean that I will have to look for further news, announcements, and eventually pricing info and release dates in FS2crew forum, doesnt it?

once we release it, i will post it here as well but there wont be further information anywhere from now on. the next news will be "its released" but i cant say when this will be